Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (198)

Comments

• ricardo
    ricardo Member Posts: 189
    100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Sounds like alot going on. Not here

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Nothing going on here either Richard. Looks like it might be a long weekend.

• ricardo

i feel fine after a gummy

• ricardo

Nice SNJ 82 sunny

• ricardo

Where are you at?

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

There are different kinds of Boost….the fiber content is on the label

Lorita…whobody told you it was OK to use hot sauce??????

Spending some time online studying Bruce Goff

• ricardo
  • Mint

I’m in Ohio

I was wondering about that hot sauce too lol

• Sasue
    Sasue Member Posts: 69
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments

JeriLynn we have Zline duel fuel with a double oven. No one likes it. We moved to Virginia during pandemic and my DIL remodeled the kitchen right after that. Appliances were in short supply and she liked the look of the Zline. I always thought an electric oven would bake more evenly but I’d rather have the Kitchen Aid I had in my house.

Sandy

• ricardo
  • jfkoc

Good to know about the Z Line.

• ricardo
    edited August 31

South Jersey , near Atlantic City

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Lorita, I saw Signs in the movie theater when it came out. After that time, I began making plans to adopt a child, so I stopped seeing first runs because I wanted us to go to movies together. Alas, I was not able to proceed with the adoption. My area used to have a theater that showed second runs, so there were always good movies to watch for a long time at a theater. Of course, there was Blockbuster for DVDs, until Blockbuster was no more. I go to a theater once a year or less often.

Sometimes a Christian movie will have a special showing for one or two days, and I try to see those, if I feel up to going out at night. The library sells excess DVDs, and I have a lot of them to watch, whenever I can get some time.

The senior ticket was $8. I think the regular ticket was $14. I never buy popcorn or snacks.

I wondered about the hot sauce too.

HB, isn't it nice to see your town in a movie? And to see celebrities on your home turf?

Iris

• ricardo

I go maybe once a year

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

We had a little shower, just enough to halfway settle the dust. We took a nice nap and the rain woke us up. Feel some better this afternoon, even did a load of laundry

.Judith, checked my Boost -no fiber but good protein.

Don't you you all use hot sauce? I like it on eggs, in my vegetable soup and on beans and other things. Also like mild Pace picante sauce. I think Charles started me using it.He liked mostly Tobasco while I can't go that hot. I like Louisiana hot sauce. It gives things a good flavor and not too hot if you don't use a lot. I bet Mr. Ron can tell us about Louisiana hot sauce. When we gardened we made our own salsa and Picante sauce. I don't think any of the above would be good for diverticulitis right now. By the way my doctor told me the pepper you grind yourself is bad for this condition. Try Louisiana hot sauce, you will like it. Just a few drops to begin.

• ricardo

That’s cool but I don’t use any Hot Sauce

• Mint

Good morning

Lorita maybe I’ll try Louisiana hot sauce some time. I like just a little heat and some flavor. Stay away from them in general as afraid they will be too hot.

There is a post from JoC over on First MC visit thread. Was nice to see that.

We still haven't heard from Joan.

Richard I think Ohio is a pretty state. Lake Erie is above us and the Ohio River is below us. A portion of the state is part of the Appalachian foothills . No mountains here but some pretty good sized hills in SE Ohio. Then it rolls gently and is very green. A lot of agriculture here. The thing i least like about Ohio is winter.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 794
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Morning.

Thanks Sandy re: the ZLine. DH took me to a locally owned appliance shop in Fayetteville yesterday. They've been in business 50 years. The shop owner said the same thing about the ZLine. Plus, no one would know how to service it around here. He did show me some nice KitchenAid options. But nothing in store to look at… I need to touch something… I really don't want to just choose from online options.

Yesterday was a fun day. Oldest daughter, grands and great grand took me out to lunch. Then we shopped till we dropped.

Had a good rain yesterday, DH sold a tractor (we still have 2), had a chat with the Grandson and addressed some issues. So, it really was a good day.

Today we will go to church, the man is supposed to come pick up the tractor by 8 am, lunch will be burgers and store bought potato salad with a fruit salad (DH request) and apple pie for dessert. I have to get the September calendar updated. Housework is done, laundry is done. Easy peasy day.

Hope you all have a pleasant start to September! BBL

• ricardo

thanks Mint. We were going to go to Cleveland last year which would have taken me through your fine state. Living near the beach in Jersey is great except for Nor’easter storms which are a winter hurricane.

• Lorita

Morning, cloudy and cool here but no rain. Mint, use a couple of drops first and go from there. It can be hot if you use a lot. JeriLynm, I sold our tractor a couple oof years ago and I miss driving it now. I learned to drive on daddy's Al!is Chalmers tractor when I was very young. Carol says the same thing.Country girls for sure.

Feel pretty good this morning. Hardly any pain but still feel weak and watery but will be okay.

• ricardo

Just scooted over to Food Store. Back home now not much going on here

• ricardo

Glad you’re feeling better

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 665
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Good Morning, I do not know who has been following my story it seems that my Dementia maybe getting a little worse. This morning as usual on Sunday morning I tried to do my pills my wife checked the pillbox and saw that I did not put 2 pills in the box so she said from now she will do my pills when she does hers. This made me cry that she has to do both sets of pills.

• ricardo
    edited September 1

I have been fortunate enough taking my meds. Get it right every time

• ricardo

So far

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

David I know your very upset because you missed placing those pills. Maybe your just having an off day? Got distracted by something? Or any number of things. I'm glad your wife is there to help you. Instead of her taking over your pill box, how about she sits with you when you do them next week? You will be doing them but she's there to simply watch you. Could that work?

Lorita I'm glad your feeling a little better. Slow and steady. No rain here, mid 90's with a breeze. Really not too bad.

I feel like making some cookies. I'm not sure what kind I'll come up with, whatever ingredients I have on hand.

We do a movie maybe once a year.

Later

• jfkoc

Lorita…

Can I eat hot sauce with diverticulitis?If you're prone to diverticulitis, hot sauces, chilies, wasabi, and curry dishes are foods that could risk a flare. You can keep your foods flavorful without the heat using other spices. Why are spicy foods a risk? Capsaicin can irritate the colon's lining, which causes inflammation and overall discomfort.Aug 25, 2023

David…I hear your concern re the pills.

I wonder why Jo does not post here anymore.

Jeri….I asked the service man when he was here about ranges. He said none of them are any good anymore. You might do some googling.

Every fancy good looking appliance in my son's new house is falling apart. They have only been in the house 1 year. UGH!

• ricardo
    edited September 1

Appliances breaking so soon is a problem that thankfully I’ve been able to avoid.

• ricardo

Divers is not good with spicy or hot food

• Lorita

Thank you, guys. Really good to not have that awful pain.

Eagle, I'm trying to not overdo today but have to take down trash this evening. Didn't d o it last week.

Judith, I will be careful with the hot sauce. Makes sense, doesn't it? Do wish we could hear from Jo and Joan.

David. I remember when Charles told me I needed to start taking care of his pills. Don't feel bad, your wife will be glad to help.

Must. be T storms south of us because TV reception comes and goes.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more