Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (149)

1235»

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I like the French terry pants and the gauze pants, they look very comfy!  

Iris

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning

A very hot day yesterday.  Giving good chance of rain today.

Judith I have had white cosmos in past.  Have a few cosmos this year but not all gave bloomed yet.  So far no white ones.

Rescue mom I have one of those LED lights, did not realize the battery thing.  Maybe I will pick up one more of them.

Beth thinking the pollinators love your garden.  Try to get out by 6:30-7 and get majority of my work done.  Go back out in evening to look for Japanese beetles and bean bugs.  Also check to see if any containers need watered.  My day lilies are staring to bloom too.  Know you hate to lose a good neighbor.

Well they told my uncle that the kidneys are being effected by his liver issue.  They told him that they can give him medicine that will help him but he has to take them.  My uncle tends to be noncompliant I’m guessing.  Going to call him today if nothing  happens and going to encourage him to be compliant if the opportunity arises.  Don’t know that he will listen but at least I know I tried.

Glad you got some a/c Zetta.  That’s funny you and your daughter getting side tracked by a cat..  My sister  adopted her new dog yesterday.   May go see it today.  Her old dog is not happy about it.  The old dog always sleeps with my sister.  She wouldn’t get in the bed last night and went and got in bed with my nephew lol.  Hope she comes around.

May go to farmers market this afternoon and pick up a few fresh things.  Would like to find some good peaches and make a pie.  Have not made a peach pie before but have a recipe.  Peaches not in here yet but some may be brought in from somewhere.  Our blueberries should come on this month and hope to try a blueberry cobbler when they come on.

Okay guess I better get up and at it to beat the heat and the rain.  Take care everyone

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Shirley/Rescue Mom, I pray that the storm has not been hard on you.

I still haven't passed any stones that I'm aware of, but the one hurting so bad in my right ureter isnt hurting so it must be swimming around in my bladder now. My SIL told me to eat a tums before meals and that would help resolve them. Dont know if that has helped but was willing to try anything and the pain hasn't been bad since monday morning. Stopped the pain pills Monday and was able to give the constipation a break.

I sent my primary care a note about my delimia; no local help with Lou with my emergency care, emergency room not wanting Lou to stay with me and any help or advice they can give. I received a reply telling me it was a issue for command control or patient advocate. I called patient advocate and left a message,  hopefully they will call back. Not long ago I received a email talking about a program for caregivers of veterans and I called them asking if they had a program for veterans that are caregivers and haven't heard back from them. 

Ron

• Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes

For Ron and a bit about me…We had 10 inches rain last night, lots of places and roads are flooded. Not us, and our power is still on but internet service is spotty. No damage to my place but we are trapped by flood water, which is ok for a while.

Ron, this sounds impossibly terrible. I had to go to ER twice for kidney stones. At least they gave me plenty of major pain killer once they saw it was kidney stones. But one smaller one became sepsis. I was in ICU for 10 days, doctors said if I’d been 6 hours later to hospital (or been elder or otherwise compromised) It would have been too late. 

You may just have to go to ER. If you collapse from pain, which happens, what would happen to both of you? 

You cannot help  Lou like that. There must be some agencies you can call to have someone come in with her? Or anybody. In an emergency you may have to take some solutions that aren’t ideal,  but better than the alternative. She may not like it, but the alternative is much much worse. You can deal with costs later. Or even give the neighbor another chance. Even if it was her, she’s probably embarrassed, and less likely to do anything bad.

I’ve had too many friends and family tell me lately they  cannot wait for VA in urgent situations. That’s abominable, awful, IMO. They used to like VA but say it has changed tremendously in the last few years. Much different than it was in providing care. They also don’t provide pain relief like they used to, that’s been widely reported and family  confirms.

Meanwhile, many people say they get some relief from sitting in a hot bath, as long and as hot as they can.  Not a quick dip, but long soak.. Standing and walking is also supposed to help, they told me in hospital.

Zetta, so happy about your your new baby!! 

Sayra, beeen thinking enviously about your garden. Sorry I’ve been too focused on my own thing, it’s kind of consuming but good to hear from others. 

Lorita, I hope your Sarah will stay where she can get at least some medical help, better than being alone, crisis health, and no help at all.

More later, if Internet/power stays on.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Rescue mom u r not too focused.  I would surely be focused if I was wearing your sandals.

Ron hope you get something worked out to lift the burden a bit.  

Lorita you asked me several days ago the variety of cantaloupe I was raising.  Keep forgetting to tell you.  It is Minnesota Midget.  It is a heirloom from 1948 developed in Minnesota.  They say vine will be 36 inches tall and loads of 4 in melons.  We shall see.  One of the vines is probably over 3 ft., the other one is probably gettin close.  Starting to see a few melons setting on.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more