Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (154)

1235»

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Lorita….I think this is your trash company and they do have containers.

http://www.suesrecycling.com/services/residential_waste_recycling.asp
    You might find this of interest https://www.wirefly.com/compare-home-phone-service/oklahoma/checotah
    Freezer went to the curb. I have dismissed the idea of getting a small one (3 cubic feet). I really do not need more. My freezer/frig has 5+ cubic feet of storage. That should be enough for one person especially if I take a little time and not just throw stuff in there.
    Disclaimer...despite all of the attention to “gravy” here lately, I am not going to make any. I am also not going to grow any food outside...even my lettuce failed. I am not going to can or put up anything nor am I going to bake.Additionally I am not going to buy so many potatoes that they go bad. I am just a no go at any of these things but I do make the very best oatmeal/craisen cookies and make a Bouche de Noel that is to die for.
    Second disclaimer...I love hearing about all of the above!
    Iris...I commend you on you being back at the size you were. I hope you kept your old clothes.
    Ron...I was so worried about you and Lou and Ida. I thought you were in Baton Rouge ...silly me.
    Sure wish Jo felt like saying hello. Sure wish we could do something for her.
    About time for my Sunday meaningless programs...so long til tomorrow.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hello,

Beautiful day in my neighborhood. The sun is shinning and I can see blue skies. Right now it is 75 and the air quality is good. I hope it continues this way for a few more days if not longer. I was able to have my doors open today and welcomed the fresh air. 

Ron,  I hope your feeling better and I bet Lou really enjoys your cooking, she might have just been  having a bad day when she said that. I bet she enjoys the shrimp gumbo and garlic toast, how could she not, it sounds yummy.  

Jo,   I am thinking about you, hopefully you feel the comfort in knowing you have a lot of friends out here thinking of you.  

Lorita,   Your a good mama to your girls and the guys, they keep you busy and that's what you live for. It would be nice if you could get someone to help you. Have you ever though about renting out the MH in trade for help around the farm. I know its not the ideal thing unless you knew them really well. I am lucky to have my son lives in the cabin I have out back. I would not feel comfortable with a stranger unless I knew them well and their family. 

I am like your mother I don't like dirt, leaves or anything on my porches because they always get drug into my house, so I sweep the porches almost every day.  

Its been a pretty quiet day here all I have done today is vacuum and put a roast in the oven, it's smelling real good, so it's almost time to eat.

Hugs to All, Zetta    

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney