Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (158)

1235»

Comments

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,311
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi,

I wrote a post on the tablet earlier this afternoon but guess it didn't post for some reason.

Sara, I debated and debated about a dutch oven, too.  Looked at those Jo was talking about that are uber expensive.  I found one at Walmart, I think, for somewhere around $50 - it's made in France (no brand I could find) and it's 5 qt.  It's heavy, even when empty and holds it's heat very well.  Really like it - I just keep it sitting on top of the stove all the time.  It's very dark reddish-maroon color.  Might check out WM before you buy.

We've had rescues, too.  /Guess you could call them that - people drop dogs off near houses so many of ours has been those.  We had Queensland Heelers and the puppies were gorgeous.  Charles saw an ad in the paper and picked up the females.  When the puppies got so big (they would have as many as 12 at a time), we'd take them to the WM parking lot and give them away.  Funny thing - we were doing that and so was someone else.  Charles went over and got one of their puppies.  We've had all kinds of dogs from Bassets to St. Bernards to Poodles.  Barclee was a Shih Tzu that we did get from a shelter in Coweta.  We called them and they had just placed hin with an older woman.  They called us the next morning saying she said he was too much for her. He was bout two when we got him.  I lsot him earlier this year.

We have two Great Pyrenees.  Before I lost Charles our neighbor had a GP puppy that came to live with us.  Something was wrong with him so he only lived ten months but that made me know that was the kind of dog for me.  After I lost Charles our vet found Sheena for me (she was a year old and her master had passed away).  A month later he called me to tell me a neighbor about two miles away raised GPs and had some to give away.  That was when I got Stormy (about seven weeks old).  They are the most wonderful dog you can imagine.  They make wonderful house dogs if you can believe it and are great watch dogs.  I've never been without a dog and can't imagine I ever will be, I hope.

Talked with Carol this afternoon.  Her BIL and sister have had covid but recovered.  now the BIL has a subdural hematoma.  We were wondering if that could possible be  something related to it.  He can't remember hitting his head.  He had surgery and is trying to recover.

Marie, the place where the snakes were getting in is underneath and behind a really heavy wardrobe.  When I discovered the two big snakes last summer, somehow - I'll never know how I was able to move it enough to get boards underneath it to cover the hole.  That bedroom is in the "new" part of the house - only 60+ years old and I think that corner may be dropping down.  I have the cracks filled with those metal soap pads and foam but I have a couple of cans (ordered some more) of  expanding foam sealant.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to get it in those places when I take the stuff out of them.  I did buy some real steel wool that I'll put in before I spray in the sealant.  Also ordered some moth balls

Jo - Darwin's wife told me that when she was married to someone else they lived in an older house and she got into bed, felt something, jumped out of bed and found out it was a snake.  Scared her to death.  I lift the covers up to make sure before I go to bed.  Last night I slept in the LR and felt awful this morning.  Did I mention the cats found another little snake yesterday in the bathroom?  I think I did.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Shaun doesn't answer his phone or return calls.  I can understand the chimney sweep because he isn't in Oklahoma anymore.  I'm afraid he's sick.  It is so hard to find anyone to do anything out in this area.  Mike bought a place north of us and he has tried and tried to find someone to remodel it - but can't.   It's not like living in town or in a populated area.  The news people call this area "remote".  Doesn't seem like that to me because I've lived here all my life but maybe it is.  Leanne was lucky - when she remarried it was to a carpenter who can do anything they need done.

Judith - hope you find the top you were looking for.  Don't you hate to think of a piece of clothing and then have to look for it? 

The injection site of my flu vaccine is bruised.  The nurse told me it bled a little bit so she put on a bandade.  I've been wearing long sleeves and even took off the bandaid  two or three days later without looking at.  Looked this morning because my arm and shoulder were hurting and it was bruised and a little bit elevated.  I think I slept on that arm and shoulder last night.  It's better this afternoon.

I think Beth is capable of doing someone in and she may have to.  Jamie, probably.  I watched the two hour show, then was going to watch it again and only got through the first hour before I fell asleep.  Always get much more out of it the second time around. 

My shoulder's hurting because of the way I'm sitting.  I have the laptop on my desk and can't get my desk chair high enough because I have a cooling pad on the laptop.  So, I'll stop for now.  I'll start a new part of our thread later tonight or in the morning.

For those of us who will be alone, we can always get together for snacks or something on the front porch.  Jo's really good at planning these things.  Sara, I think it's probably a good idea you have.

Not going ot take tie to proofread so forgive the mistakes.  See you all tomorrow.  Zetta, I'll be thinking of little Sammy tomorrow.  Give him a big hug for me and lots of treats.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Popped by and saw your Post, Lorita.   I am sorry for what has happened to Carol's BIL. The answer to the wondering is yes; there are quite a few documented cases of Post-COVID subdural hemaatomas.  Here is a link to multiple papers regarding that; they may be hard to slog through, but I had no time to look for a simpler article.  If one uses Google, one will find that the Post-COVID subdural hematoma is indeed a problem issue.  Even though people who have break-through COVID after vaccine and have a milder case, the other possible effects are still on the table.  Horrible, nasty, gosh-awful virus.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33614040/ 

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living