Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (171)

1235»

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,678
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning

73F, 23C.  Sunny, changing to rain at some point.

Hope you can figure out a way for Tom to take his antibiotics and he gets to feeling better.

JoC your flowers sound pretty.

Zetta glad Molly feeling better.  You told us you were going to be pet setting, I orgot.

Babies everywhere Lorita.  So glad you can still enjoy watching them but have help with all the responsibility of them.  Nice to hear about Zetta.

My blood donation went really well.  Lol there was a doctor I recognized there donating.  She is about my age.  We were the only two with masks on lol.  Got a chuckle out of that. 

Yesterday was wet but we didn’t really get a lot of rain.  I got house swept, made a loaf of bread, made a batch of flour tortillas.  Today I hope to start planting and sowing seeds in earnest.  They are giving Sunday and Monday night in upper 40s.  Other than that looks like lol nights are at least in 50s.  They are giving rain at some point today but will try to work as long as sun shines.

My mom is starting to have some fairly major physical issues.  She doesn’t know I know, but I am aware because of observation and something she told my one sister.  Her behaviors remain quite challenging.  She ran off the man I had hired to do some work on generator this week.  Found out through that electrician that she has a plan to have garage doors removed and window placed there.  She has been basically living in the garage for awhile now.  Contacted both guys that I thought she might try and hire to do this.  Sure enough, they both told me she calls them every day regarding this.  I told the one to just ignore her calls and block her number if they can.  Told them I would call if something needed done.  He said they have been ignoring the calls.  They both assured me they will not be doing this.   It is all so sad for her and me.  I would keep her and try and take good care of her but it is just impossible the way things are.  Just do the best I can in circumstances I have to work with.  Several neighbors have told her not to come on their property now.  Just a little up date, not a vent.  My hope is God  will just take her when it is her time.  I feel like way more may be wrong then I even know.  There is no way she will agree to any medical care and probably to the point now where not much they could do anyway in reality.  She continues to tell her family and neighbors when they receive any medical care that she advises them not to do it. Told me she told a neighbor  she didn’t let them up at the hospital tell her she had had a stroke.  Told me she told the diabetic neighbor that he could eat honey because it is good for you.  I hope he isn’t following her advice.  Anyway one day at a time.

Take care everyone

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Sara, sorry about your mom.  I know distressing that is for you and there's not much more you can do.  You're doing the best and all you can.  .Glad things  went well yesterday .

Tom seems better.  He was ready for breakfast.  Put theAmox on a little foodand moved away.

When I came back he had eaten it so gave him the rest of the can.

• Lorita

Jo, Tom had a bad infection so got doses of AB. with more for me to give.

I can tell he's better this morning.  He was so good yesterday in the PU.

Iam so happy for Zelda no more cage in a dark room, alone.  Think how happy she must be.

• Frustrated wife
    Frustrated wife Member Posts: 4
    Second Anniversary First Comment
    My husband wants to use the phone to call his girlfriend continually. ( the girlfriend is me 50 + years ago) Although I tell him I am right here in front of him, he doesn’t believe me. One night he even called information to get my telephone number under my maiden name! What should I do? I have tried to redirect him to other activities
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,678
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Frustrated wife

I have empathy for you but no answer.  Hope someone comes along who has had to deal with this and found something that helped.  In my case there is little to no memory issues presently.  Deal with aggressiveness, loss of social skill and no boundaries.  Another repairmen I used no longer answers her calls and will not work at that house. She was calling him frequently also and calls early in morning on top of it all.

• Lorita

Wife, can you somehow pretend to talk to him on the phone?  That might appease him.

Drove down to check on new baby.  Penny had him staked out but went to him. He got up ready for a  snack   s o he is nursing.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more