Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (178)

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hello all you Front Porch Rockers.

I'm hoping your all having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. My first child my son was born on Labor Day 50 years ago. The weather here is beautiful. Molly, me and my 2 cats Sammy and Emmy are just being lazy.  

Lorita.    I do agree with Jo, it would be nice if you had a cleaning service come into your home and get rid of the pollen. I would imagine it's all over your curtains and furniture, everywhere. I would love to just have someone come in and clean my house. Iam glad you're getting some rain I bet your enjoying that. Iam also being bothered with allergies. I started having to deal with allergies a few years ago, maybe it's due to how all the weather has been changing. I even think my Molly has allergies; she keeps licking her nose like its running. For those of you that don't know Molly, she is my little chihuahua. 

Ron.   It's very nice your sister has been there to help you with Lou. I also enjoy my morning time alone with my coffee. I try to sneak out of my bedroom and not wake Molly or the cats, so I can have some time alone. As soon as Molly gets up, she wants out and the cats want breakfast. After all of that then I have quiet time. I hope you can get your dentures to fit. I am almost toothless, but I'm not wanting to deal with dentures at this time. 

Fairyland.  Sounds like you had a wonderful trip with your daughter. My daughter lives in Arizona. I live in Oregon; I will be going to Arizona this winter to get away from the Oregon snow. 

Beth.   Your enchiladas sound delicious, I would love it if you can share your recipe for chicken enchiladas. 

Sara.  Your stuffed peppers sounded good I copied how Jo makes hers in a crockpot. I love all the recipes you all share. I don't think I will do the Caramel dumplings. I have to agree with what Charles told Lorita, too sweet. I love Caramel but it does not sound good as a dumpling. 

I will be back in a few minutes I don't want to lose this post like Lorita just lost one. 

Hugs Zetta 

• ladyzetta

Hello, Iam back.

Jo.  Iam glad your brother was not close to Safeway when that happened. I don't go to Safeway that often but that would be the one I would go to if I went to a Safeway. That was a strange thing to happen with your trash can. They must have felt guilty and wanted to return it. Maybe if your house number was on it, they just did not want to get caught with it. I also don't wear shoes in the house I am in stocking feet or slippers. I don't like to go bare foot I hate for stuff to get on my feet. 

I copied your recipe for stuffed peppers in the crock pot I plan on doing that soon. You talking about the ocean brought back some memories. When I was growing up my grandparents lived in Jenner by The Sea. I spent a lot of my childhood on the Jenner beach. I know what you mean about the ocean air. We built sandcastles and mapped out things with the driftwood. I sure miss those days. 

With all of you talking about hot cider I am going to get me some along with some cinnamon sticks. 

I hope your all having a good weekend. Hugs Zetta 

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 840
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Chicken Enchiladas

2-3 chicken breasts (or thighs)

@10 oz. green enchilada sauce

@8 oz. chicken broth.

Place chicken in *crock pot or **instant pot.  Add enchilada sauce & chicken broth to (just) cover, stir.

*Crock pot:  6-8 hr. on low.

**Instant Pot:  20 min.

Shred chicken, using 2 forks and return to pot.

Add @1 c. Monterey Jack cheese and @ 2 oz. cream cheese – stir until cheese is melted.

Salt & pepper, to taste

To assemble enchiladas:  Place chicken mixture on center of tortilla (I use corn tortillas)

Add some cheese (I used Mexican blend) before rolling & placing in baking pan.

Spoon salsa verde (I used Herdez (mild) – sold in a jar) over enchiladas and sprinkle cheese on top – you can use any flavor you like (I used Triple Cheddar because that’s what I had : )

Bake at 350 degrees for @30 minutes – or until golden brown.

Embellish with whatever you like:  sliced black olives, pepper strips, tomatoes, sour cream/Greek yogurt, avocado, salsa verde, etc. 

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning

68F, 20C.  Giving cloudy damp weather again for several days.

Don’t like to go barefoot either Zetta.  Wear sandals a lot in house.  Have shoes I wear in house and shoes I wear outside.

Went to farm yesterday and bought heirloom tomatoes.  They have a white tomato there.  Will be interesting to try it.

Enchiladas sound good.  Haven’t had them in a long time.

Hope each one has a nice day

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    Will definitely copy Beth's recipe and try some of those chicken enchiladas.  By the way; how do you soften your corn toritillas to enable then to roll without cracking? Sorry you lost your messages, Lorita; isn't that just the most frustrating thing?  And cannot recreate the way initially done. Okay; I did watch the "60 Minutes" program from last Sunday night, and they did indeed do a segment on the national power grids . . . . and it not only is scary, it really is maddening.   How in the world has every single administration failed to address this is beiyond my understanding.  As it was alluded to; it is only a matter of time.  The one huge incident that took place a few years back was horrifying and if not caught by someone hearing sounds, it could have caused the collapse of other grids.   Really enlightening.  If you like, you can find that program on-line and bring it up. Had to smile after talking about the electric cars and gas engine cars being banned in California; phasing it in over time - well . . . we are once again on Flex-Alert to hopefully keep the grid from going down, BUT guess what?   The order came out to NOT charge eleectric cars over the Labor Day Weekend as it will put too much strain on the electric grid and may lead to electricity blackouts.   "Knock-knock . . . Mr. Governor:  are you sure you want to start this car changeover before you have taken care of the electric grid situation?  I think it might be called, common sense." It will be a new and different winter for you Zetta, being in Arizona.  They get some really interesting rain - one can see it coming for miles off like in a movie and when it hits, it torrents and then whoosh - off it goes somewhere else.   When the torrents hit, the cars simply pull off to the side of the road until it passes.   And; NO snow, that is lovey. Whoops!  DH calling, must go . . J.
  • BethL

Jo, I soften my corn tortillas by placing a moist paper towel on the bottom and top of several of them, then microwaving for a few seconds.

If you don't eat gluten free you could use flour tortillas.

Beth

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,322
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Having problems with both tablets. Need to call tech club.

Sarah got correct formula yesterdsy, finally.  Things are ok here still itchy but not as bsd. Need good, hard rain to get rid of outside pollen and vacuum inside.  Not mmm seeing yo go out and fill water tank has helped.

All recipes sound good and are making me hungry.  Hope everyone is well.

Better post this before I lose it.  I can still read, just posting is hard.  Keep posting so I can read. Hot here today.

• Lorita

Meant "not needing to go out and fill water tank 

has helped". It's still changing words.  

Good luck, Ron, on tests this week. 

Zetta, good to hear from you.  Sara, let us know about that white tomato e.

I don't go barefoot either. Hurts my neurons but wear socks and walk around some.

Jo, doubt I could use an electric card. Have to travel too far to get anywhere..

We lost power this past week for two or three hours. Thank goodness for the generator.

Called Mike and he will come today or Monday to give Pyrenees allergy shots.  It's been over six weeks since they had one. Wish I could bathe them.

Better stop. Will try later.  Happy Labor Day weekend.

• ladyzetta

Good morning, Front Porch Rockers.

Beth.   Thank you so much for the recipe. Its looks so good my mouth is watering. I will be doing that soon. 

Jo.       Iam sure not going to miss the Oregon snow and I love to watch it rain, I hope I see the torrents.

I hope your all having a good Labor Day weekend. 

Hugs Zetta 

• dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Jo C. wrote:

How is the travel management stuff going, Day?  Long holiday weekend, so I would imagine you are like a butterfly with hiccups dealing with all of it; you're going to need a break to catch your breath!

Travel still booming, even China/Hong Kong is now opening up a bit - or at least the quarantines are becoming more manageable lengths of time.  The cancellation of flights, limitations of arrivals and departures at some airports are still having a heavy impact on people's travels.  I still don't feel that a long-haul trip (and many domestic ones) can be accomplished without some hiccups and rescheduling, so for me personally, I'm not planning to go anywhere anytime soon.

I think winter will once again be a busy time, unlike pre-pandemic times, with even more people venturing out into the world.

I am just thriving in this job - I feel like I was a dried-up old plant in a too-small pot that's been repotted into some good soil and watered well.  I also find a lot of satisfaction in it because I do speak with some people who truly have a bad stay and I'm able to assist in either making it better or even improving something on their next stay with us somewhere else.  

I have the next 4 days off - I'm going to do some fall cleaning and organizing during that time.  Maybe I'll rearrange some furniture (probably not)!

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,215
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Always something to worry about! I already knew my brother and SIL would not be able to come help when I had my procedure Thursday. I had it figured out, I would get my neighbor to go to the hospital with me and my sister would stay with Lou. Sister just called and was hurting from a fall. She said since it's a holiday she wouldn't see a dr till Tuesday and was hurting to bad to drive right now. Neighbor is the only other one outside of family I trust with Lou and I have to have someone at hospital with me. Dementia has kept me away from past friends and other neighbor is a thief. Not sure what to do right now!

Ron

• Lorita
    Ron, wish I was close enough to go to the hospital with you.  Would be happy to do so.  This does become a problem for caregivers.  Hope it works out.
    Day, enjoy your days off.
  • ladyzetta
    Ron.   Maybe if you explain this to the doctor and the hospital, they will have an idea. Iam sure this has happened before with others. Give it a try it might work. Hugs Zetta
  • Mint

Good morning

Ron don’t know if this will work for you or not but when I had my cataract surgery I used a taxi.  Also if you contact your Area Agency on Aging they may have ways of providing transportation.  I could have probably got assistance that way but didn’t realize that was a possibility then.  My Aunt has used Uber.

JoC I heat tortillas as Beth suggested.  When watching Mexican cooking channels they often put a little of the salsa their using in a pan, warm it a little and soften the corn tortilla by dipping it in the sauce.  A little bit messier but may be tastier.

Nice to hear your travel reports Day.  I’m not a traveler but still enjoy hearing what is going on from ground level.  Always feels good to help make someone’s day a little better.  Enjoy your days off.

Their giving more rain again today so won’t be able to clean up any more outside.  Did get a little done Saturday.  Plenty to do inside though too.

Take care everyone

• Lorita

Morning,

Sara, enjoy the rain.  The only rain near us is over in Arkansas.  Would be so good to have a good, hard rain for everything including the Johnson grass.  I think I'll try yo wet it down to keep the pollen from blowing.  I haven't been outside but my eyes are bothering me anyway. Didn't take down trash only had one sack.

Need to do dishes and make banana bread.  Got up early because not sure when he'll come to give the GPs their shots.  It's like turning a light switch stopping their itch.  That's what I need.

Supposed to be near 90 today.  Still hot but better than 100+.  I began work at the VAHospital   61 years ago today - that year it was the day after Labor Day.  How fast those years have gone by. 

Ron, Sara's idea sounds good. Hope it works.. I've often wondered what I would do. For some procedures you have to have someone with you to dtive.    Hope your sister's fall wasn't too bad.  Maybe she'll be well enough to come after all.

Looks like a good morning to sit on the porch for a bit- if it wasn't for the pollen.  So strange that this allergy started so quickly.  I really have empathy for allergy sufferers now.

I think I just heard a cow bawl-  guess they're coming up to the barn. 

Hope all of you have a good Labor Day.  Back later.

• ronald71111

Sarah, problem with taxi is someone needs to stay with me at the hospital and take me home. They dont allow anyone to drop off and come back. Guess that's to make sure you dont wonder off on your own.

Trying to contact some old work friends for backup. That's one if the problems with caregivers of dementia, I have lost close contacts with most of my friends are they've died off.

Ron

• Jo C.

Lorita, it is good to hear that Sarah finally got the correct tube feeding mixture; that must be a huge relief.

Beth; I always put my corn tortillas in the sauce for a second or so to soften them so I could fold or roll them; I was concerned with using the moistened paper towel method for fear I would make them too wet, so now I know that will not be a problem.  Sometimes, depending on what was being made, the tortillas could also go into the hot oil for a second and then placed on a paper towel for another second or so, but I did not care for the hot oil method.  I do not care for flour tortillas at all, but sure do really like the corn tortillas.

Had baby back ribs with potatoes au gratin and broccoli for dinner.  It was very tasty, but a lot of fat in one meal.  Did not say anything out loud to hamper anyone else's enjoyment, but I think I am going to be making up for it for a few days.  It is strange how as I, "matured," how I do not like to eat lots of fat.  Should have caught onto this years and years ago, but it never crossed my mind very often.  Tastes just change over time I guess.

Ron, one can call for a cab, but then you would have to possibly have patience to wait for hopefully timely arrival on both arrival and departure and also be able to manage to get to the site the cab is willing to wait at if the medical setting you will be in is on a campus.   Sometimes, churches have people willing to help transport even if one is not a member of their church; it is a kindly service .  Also, the Cancer Society arranges for transport through their volunteer groups; you may want to contact the local chapter since you have had such a diagnosis; they need not know what kind of tests, just that you are going to have testing.  If someone could stay with you, that is comforting and there will be no fussing.  Another idea:  Perhaps the kindly neighbor who looks after Lou for you will know of someone in the neighorhood who can also do this for you.   Wish we were closer, all of us here would be willing to help - you would have a motorcade of all of us in your honor!

Zetta; Arizona has its own kind of beauty which is so different from all those trees we grew to love being around.  That sort of heavy rain does not happen all the time of course; our daughter lived up on a hill and we could sit and watch the heavy rain many miles away across the desert which was below where we were.  As we sat, we could watch it come closer and closer - clouds and the water - it was like special effects in the movies.   Then it arrived, but it never lasted long - pour and gone.  Really pretty to watch.

It can get cold in the winter, and where our daughter lived, I came to admire how people adjusted their lives in the heat of deep summer.  It was 115 - 120 degrees in the summer where she was.  I recall driving at night and seeing crowded parking lots at markets and could not figure it out so asked.  Daughter simply said that many people just went out at 10:00 or 11:00 pm and did their shopping as it was so much more cool.  Made perfect sense.  We did visit one time in deep middle of summer - it was 115 degrees and the AC on our car went out and oh my; I was going through my "hot flash" period of life.  Let's just say that once; all of a sudden getting me to the motel in full flash mode was the goal - there I was sitting on a chair, blouse unbuttoned, directly in front of the AC blowing cold air full force on me with a bottle of ice water, yet still manufacturing my own heat . . . won't forget that experience .

The desert has its own beauty and sunsets can be so pretty.   We visited a huge public garden of paths through what seemed at least an acre of plants - all of it cactus.  Never knew there were so many varieties.  Always learning.  Winter there is lovely mild and sure beats fighting snow and all that entails.  Condos, apartments and fancy mobile home parks fill up with snowbirds arriving from the snow and sleet states, so it is nice to make new friends and greet them as they arrive each year.

Day; what a delight in fitting your new position so beautifully, that is wonderful.   I know when I hit that serendipity of a position I came to love, it was a lovely to go to work each day.   It is a good feeling to be able to help people and I am betting that you are very good at it.  I loved traveling and we were able to do alot of it.  However, that was back a bit when it was so much easier to travel, especially internationally.  Not the same now including the sad state of affairs and discomfort of air travel.   We had most of the time been okay with the hotels and motels we stayed at, but I researched them well before booking in the U.S. and Canada.   However, in Europe when in the country, I wanted to travel without making too many plans as I wanted to be able to go back and forth wherever the spirit moved us if we found an area interesting.  It was wonderful.  DH would get uncomfortable with no booked place to stay each night, but we always found something and mostly of good quality.  Only once did we walk away from a place.    I figured the worst that could happen is that we would have to sleep in the car at a rest stop and when in England and Scotland, they had much nicer rest stops than we do, but we never had to do that.  Your services help so many and how nice for travelers to have that available.

It was 111 in our back yard yesterday afternoon.  Grateful the AC was a blessing and that Edison kept things running; otherwise it would have been dreadful.  By late afternoon/early evening, it was down to 95.  Supposed to be more of the same the rest of this week and possibly into next.  Will be glad to see the end of the month of September.  October will still be mostly warm, but not sizzling.  November then brings the cool and out comes the long sleeve nightgowns and sweaters and I love it.   But then I am in a warm state; winter brings its own significant tribulations especially for those in the midwest and east.  Perhaps this year will not be as bitter as last winter was and so hope that is so for all the people who live there.

Today will be a day to try and conserve more electricity and to stay cool.  TV news from yesterday showed some people who had gone to the beaches did feel better, but it was so hot even there that some folks gave up and left.   Others in droves went to football games and the fire department had quite a few cases of heat prostration that needed medical attention.  Rose Bowl with the UCLA game had three fire engines required to take care of the heat related collapses.  UCLA fans are way committed; they had tailgate parties in the parking lot - wonder how high that asphalt ramped up temps.  Most seemed to have those pop-up tent roof shades and of course coolers with iced drinks; still hotter than the hinges on the gates of purgatory I would imagine.

Wishing a nice Labor Day for everyone, and Ron; let us know how things are working out, we will be thinking of you.

J.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Despite your clarification, some do not understand that someone must be in the waiting room all the time.

I did have two people for my second eye. They changed places mid stream. Maybe that is something you could arrange.

• Lorita

Hi,

Just had a call from my BIL in Texas to tell me his wife passed away at 1am this morning.  She was my last SIL of four and was ,90 years old.  She had been on oxygen for quite a while and got worse and worse.  Jerry said she had been on hospice the last three weeks and they were wondeful.  They had two daughters and two granddaughters so Jerry has someone to help.  He says he is sort of mixed up right now and has all those decisions to make.  He is ,18 months older than Charles, so is 92.   Charles and I would have been married 51 years so they were probably married near 70 years, or more.  

Of course I can't attend the services so will send flowers.  They are still my family and that is getting smaller.  Charles had three sisters and one brother and I loved all of them.  Jerry sounds so much like Charles did on the phone and in person.  We lost his sister, Danita,  last year from Covid.  

Haven't heard from Sarah today.  Jo, I was so glad she got the correct formula and hope it makes her feel some better.  

Life gets very hard sometimes.  Sunny and hot here today and allergies are making my eyes burn.  Will be glad, in some wsys, when we get a frost but over two months to go.  

Jo, thank goodness for air conditioning.  Your weather sounds awful.  Hot summer, and dry, everywhere.  Climate change is upon us for sure.

• ronald71111

Contacted the friend I use to work with and had breakfast with a couple of months ago when sister was here. He is available to stay at the hospital with me Thursday. Glad now I was able to reconnect with him when my sister was here. The two of us had a good chat that day and caught up on a lot.

Ron

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Lorita, I'm sorry to learn of your sister-in-law's passing.  Please accept my condolences.

The temp was 108 degrees here yesterday, we broke a record.  My balcony said thr high was 92 degrees.  

I spent another sleepless night, awake all night.  Now, I'm sleepy, my eyes are closing.  Nitey-nite!

Iris

• Mint
    Lorita I am so sorry about the loss of your sister-in-law.
  • ronald71111

Lorita,  I'm so sorry to hear about your sister in law. 

Ron

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I slept for three hours.  I'm glad Labor Day has come and summer is over so now I can try to get back onto a better schedule.  Even though it may only be in my mind, I believe that Labor Day is a turning point.

Iris

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Lorita, so sorry for the loss of your DSL.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So sorry about your Sil. Ron glad your friend can be with you. 

Iris, hope you can get your sleep cycle back to normal. 

• BethL
    Lorita, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law. My condolences.
  • Lorita

Morning,  thank you all for the condolences.  They are much appreciated.  I know Jerry will have a hard time adjusting after all their years together.

Looks like another hot day.  I am so ready for cool westher.  Seems like the whole Country is having odd weather from extreme heat to drought to floods.  Mother Nature is not happy.

I think I'll try to vacuum and see if that helps.  As soon as I came into the LR this morning  I could feel the sting of the pollen on my hands.  GPs stayed out last night and I think I will leave them out for a while longer.

Iris, glad you got some sleep yesterday and hope you got more last night.  Maybe Labor Day Will be a turning point and better times for all of us.

Have you all seen the ads for the fruit and vegetable capsules?  Wonder if that would be good to take?

Have you all heard when the new booster or vaccine will be avsilable?  Guess we should take thst , too.   I saw last night that 30% of people who have had the virus are having kidney problems.   Guess we still don't know everything about the after effects of it.

Better stop before I lose tbis.  Enjoy your day.

• Jo C.

Lorita, I just read of the loss of your dear Sister-In-Law, so much history together over the years; I am so very sorry and send sympathy and a soft hug your way.  

I hope that Sarah is doing well with her new tube feeding and all will go smoother for her now.  If you have attachments to your vacuum; perhaps it would be helpful to also vacuum the furniture that is upholstered since the pets have been on it.  Blankets and afghans easy to wash and get the pollen out of it in the laundry.  If it isn't one thing, it seems there is always another.  Really hope all that helps so you are relieved of that terrible allergy itching.

Ron; great help for transport on your test day; really delighted for you in that you had the good fortune in having this be the outcome for you.  Let us know how you are doing, we will be waiting to hear.

Fires out here in Hemet and in the mountains in Big Bear; neither are contained.  Both of course in thick high brush areas as well as trees - all suffering from mega-drought dryness which is the fuel.   Evidently there are  some rain and thunder storms which are coming up on the weekend bringing lots of humidity and lowering temps just a tidge; but concern is also regarding any lightning in the storms that can potentially spark fires.  We shall keep fingers crossed and hope for the best.  So hope Big Bear and Hemet get some of the rain; many people are evacuated.  Poor firefighters doing their very strenuous best in such brutal heat.  Quite a number have needed medical attention due to the effects of the heat with added heat from the fire.  Law enforcement also out in the area for a myriad of significant jobs they must perform.  Bless all of them for all they do.

I see that Great Britain has a new Prime Minister, a female, Liz Truss.  A woman at the helm - they do better with that over the pond.   Link is only for the interest of the photo of the Queen greeting PM Truss, not the economic discussion of their country.   The Queen seems so tiny, and is that a bruise on the back of her hand or is it a simple printing error I wonder.  Not dignified to say in Queen-speak; but she is so cute.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-queen-elizabeth-ii-boris-johnson-inflation-economy-04ef887cf023d80606f7c6ccf2d5ac68

Dreadful heat continues and today is expected to be the worst day for over-load of the power grid with all sorts of dire warnings.  We are asked to even re-charge our small devices early in the day.  So my little Kindle just got its charge and it is fairly long lasting.

My cell phone drains power very quickly just sitting there, even though it is not at all in use; it is very old, inherited from our son.  Goes from 100% power to 70% in an hour or two with no use at all; then before I know it, down to 40% or less.  It has a new battery.  Maddening.  It is past time for me to get a new one;  it is a daunting exercise as I do not even know how in the world to begin to rate the best choice for myself, and SO pricey - wow on that for sure!   I shall have to get on it soon and get myself more knowledgeable. Fortunately, I do not need all the bells and whistles; just calling, texting, and some basics.  What do you folks have that you find good and anything to be avoided?

Amazing what those phones can do.   I remember the Sunday funnies with Dick Tracy and his wrist radio - we thought that would never be reality and look at us now!  Also, remember those early portable radios with batteries we thought were so great?  Big lunky, heavy things; never did we think of all that has come once advancements took off like the wind.  And computers - well!  I recall early years at work seeing the IBM computers that were in use; they had two and they were HUGE - they took up an entire room and had to be temp controlled so it was always chilly.  BIG reels of tape for the information and I do mean BIG - like cart wheels.  Cards had to be punched with data information to put in a huge batch to put in a machine to get it  to the computer for whatever.   Now look at us - and I am sure more to come as ingenuity and development moves forward.

Haircut pends next Monday - good thing as I am starting to look like I have the hairdo of a Yeti; except I do not growl and I can smile.   Still do not like going into salons due to the number of people there, many not vaccinated and all the blow dryers going like crazy swooshing all through the air.  We are in an uptick for new cases in our county and increases in hospitalizations.  Portents of things to come for the winter per the County Medical Officer.

Sayra; how is  the volunteer job going - are you still enjoying what you do?  How many days a week do you serve at the hospital?  They are certainly fortunate to have you.

No oven or appliance use once at 4:00 pm, as it is, too hot to cook much or use ovens. Shall have to get meal creative here soon.   Hope all of you are doing well and that your temps are in a good range for comfort and health.

J.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Lorita...unless you have a vaccuum with a Heppa filter I think you would ony be spreading the pollen around inside. Get an air purifier asap. I knew you are sad that your SIL has died. We know all to well the great hole someone leaves when they die.

Jo...think sandwhich

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney