Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (179)

12346»

Comments

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,322
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I'm okay. Getting things fixed.
  • dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Today is not such a good day.  Keys has been kind of failing over the last few days and this morning I had to make an appointment to help him to the Rainbow Bridge.  He's 17, so of course I knew he wouldn't live forever, but I am just so sad to say goodbye to my buddy.

I took off work today so I could be with him until the appointment at 3 pm.  He is very restless, every once in a while he will whine, and I know it's the right thing but I will miss him so much.

Pardon me for kind of dumping this here, but I know everyone here will understand.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Day, I'm so sorry to learn about Keys.  You gave him a good life.  

(((( Day and Keys ))))

I understand.  I lost my 19 yo Callie in May, and 17 1/2 yo Simon is not doing so well now.  

Iris

• Lorita
    Day, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel.  Good that you can spend the day with Keys.
  • Lorita
    Thinking of Day and her sweet Keys with empathy and tears.
  • BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 840
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Day, I am so sorry about Keys. I know you will miss him.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Day I’m sorry, know this day was so very sad for you.
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Day, so very sorry to hear about your loving fur baby.

A pet is not just an animal, but a member of the family and a part of our heart.

Peace and love to you both.

• dayn2nite2
    Thank you all.  What a sad, sad day.  I'll miss him so much.  He went peacefully in my arms.  I was telling him how much I loved him and what a great friend he was to me.  I'll see him again one day, but I'll miss him always.
  • SQBEAR50
    SQBEAR50 Member Posts: 104
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    I'm so sorry Day.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Day I’m so sorry about Keys. Loveskitties said it, our pets are more than pets, they truly are part of the family. And you are right, you will see him again. 

Ron I hope your doctor appointment went well and you got some answers.   Hope everyone else is doing well.  Lorita hope we get to hear more from you soon! I miss hearing about your cattle and mostly the babies!  We had a nice day today, did not get over 90! That’s like a cool front. 

• Iris L.

I watched a TV drama tonight!  What's so unusual about that?  For several years I have been unable to follow plots or remember characters.  But I could follow this plot and remember these characters!  This is an accomplishment for me.  I think being able to sleep better is what enabled this change.

Iris

• Mint
    Iris so good to hear you are sleeping better and that it is helping.
  • ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,215
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Day, I'm very sorry about keys and know how hard it must be for you. Our littlebit turned 17 last August and hate to even think about his numbered days. I thought he was almost gone several months ago, but things turned around and is looking good again. He's almost blind and arthritis is so bad he even pees standing instead of kicking his leg up. He does eat good and still most of the time tells me he needs to go out.

Pulmonary Dr. visit went well and was told if I see any more blood to just call and schedule a scope, was also given antibiotics for my infection. Now with that said; I am now debating whether to call his nurse and tell health related problems I forgot to tell. I forgot to tell him about the pulmonary function test at the VA last year that showed a slight worsening of  results, the breathless feeling after doing anything strenuous. Also, I told him this was the first time coughing up blood, but after researching this morning I noticed I also reported coughing up blood back in May as well as August. Dont know if I'll call are wait 6 months for next appointment!

Keep those rockers rocking!

Ron

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

day...hope today is easier and that the quiet is not as sad.

I sure wish Lorita would just turn on her new computer and click on the edge app. I sure miss the weather, cow and health reports.

Now word from my Florida family. Tampa shouolod be OK but Orlando kids live on a lake and Ian went right over my sisters house on the east coast.

They say the cell towers are down so t may be somme time before we hear.

Iris going glamping. Sign me up!

The air here has a bit of fall in it and we have fertilized and overseeded the yard so next wil be the leaves turning. Here it is pretty much brown and down. Maybe my daughter will take  us over to Tulsa where the leaves turn red and gold.  She is in Scotland right now on a castle and whisky jaunt in the Highlands. It has been great following her. I google everything. 

I thought the Highlands meant the northern half. Nope, it has to do with altitude. Today she tours Glenfiddich distillery and Ballindalloch  Castle which is noted for it's gardens.  Yesterday they went to Clava Cairns and Cawdor Castle, a Campbell stronghold. 

This is the map I have been using if anyone wants to join me;

http://www.maphill.com/united-kingdom/scotland/detailed-maps/road-map/

• Lorita
    Spent 2 1/2 HR at mechanics. Turns out it's a diesel problem and they don't have a diesel mechanic. Will have to go to dealer next 
  • Iris L.

Judith, I watched a PBS show once about Scotland.  The guide managed to bring up whiskey in just about every other sentence.  Apparently whiskey is a big part of the identity of Scots!

Iris

• Joydean

Iris so glad you’ve been able to sleep at night. Can’t wait to hear about your glamming! Sounds like it will be fun. 

Judith hope your family in Florida are safe. Sure sounds like your daughter is having a great time. Scotland is one of the places I’ve always wanted to go to. 

Lady Zetta glad you are okay from that fall. It’s crazy sometimes when simple little things and down we go. I’ve noticed that I can trip over my own feet. I was trying to clean behind my sofa, was right at the end and still don’t know how I did but I ended up on the floor. Hardwood floors are none forgiving, took skin off my elbow. By that evening I noticed my hip and shoulder was very tender. Next morning they were both black and blue. 

Lorita we miss your hearing about your baby calves. 

Hope everyone is having a great day. 

• dayn2nite2
    Testing to see if I can put a picture of Keys here

https://i.ibb.co/MSRZY1M/keys1.jpg
  • dayn2nite2
    Looks like I was able to put a link to the picture.  I took this of Keys a few weeks ago.  My little buddy.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they do help.

• Mint
    Was Keys a Bichon?
  • Iris L.

Keys looked bright and happy!

Iris

• Joydean
    What a beautiful sweet little guy! He looks so very happy in that picture. Could be because he knew how much he is loved! Thank you for sharing.
  • Lorita

What a beautiful furbaby Day Thanks for sharing him with us.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 840
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Keys was adorable! So cute. I know you are missing him.
  • dayn2nite2
    Thank you for the kind words about Keys.  He supposedly was all poodle, but he had a Bichon personality that was bossy and bright!  I adopted him from a rescue when he was 8, so I don’t know for sure.  Today is better, though the house seems so empty.  I went for a long walk yesterday and will do that today too so I’m not sitting here missing him.
  • Lorita
    Day, hope today is a bit better.  The walk will help.  Think of the good walks you had with Keys.
  • Rick1955
    Rick1955 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I'm new here....believe this is my 1st post..

Gets quite challenging at times...

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Day, I am so sorry to hear about about Keys. What a sweet looking little dog. He does look like a Bichon. The fact that he lived to be 17 means that you must have given him the best and most loving care. The loss of pets leaves such a hole in our hearts. They are a big part of our families. My deepest sympathy.
  • Joydean
    Rick, hi and welcome. You might want to also post on spouse or partner caregiver . You will definitely get more response. You can ask any questions you might have.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more