Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (181)

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Ron...I would not put the care you give Lou in the selfish column. No one is going to care for her the way  you are but the fact remains that havinging someone do non-personal things will free up time that you can spend just being with Lou. Additionally, as you have discovered, Lou enjoys being around others.

I would look for someone who would do shopping, laundry, some cooking and some cleaning. 

Additionally, and I hate to bring this up, it is time for you to have Plan B in place for Lou. You have health problems that could make assistance rapidly neccessary. Knowing that you have a plan in place will be a worry off your plate.

Cool morning...going for booster and a roast to pot with carrots and potatoes.I use Lipton's to season and will cook brocoli to go with. Leftovers will make stew.

We had an all day training at the museum saturday. The basis was the throey that we remember things by structuring narratives. It was facinating. and will be very helpful in giving tour.

SIL did not win the national tournament but had a great time.

No trick or treaters last night. Guess I am "stuck" with eating a bag of fun sized Snickers.

• jfkoc
    Back from getting Moderna. Never felt a thing. Roast will go on @ 2:30. Yummy, home cooked dinner!
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Ron, my cousin had to be hospitalized for a blood clot, but he has overcome it with medical treatment.  I pray you will be as successful!

Judith, I like that the museum promotes the theory about remembering by making a narrative.  I already try to do that.

Day, at first I thought you won $1.2 billion, but I see I was wrong. 

Iris

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,322
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi,

Ron, keep those feet up and don't rub your leg.  Things have changed so much since I retired from the VA I have no idea what's available now but I think you're right  that there would be no help from them for Lou, just you.  Maybe with your blood clot there might be something.

Good for you Day.  I've never won anything except a box of handkerchiefs playing  bingo when I was a little kid.    I don't like any of the new hosts on QVC either except Steve - he seems okay. All the women want to talk or giggle too much.   Watched a couple of hours of Denim and Company this morning - ordered a micro-fleece top to wear this wintier.

Judith, too bad about having that sack of Snickers to have to dispose of.  They say they're really good frozen.  Glad you got your vaccine today - hope you don't get too sore from it.

I'm supposed to get the PU fixed tomorrow and after that get my flu shot.  I felt really bad this morning before I got up - stomach hurting  and what goes with it.  Feeling some better now but if I don't feel well in the morning will do it next week.

Let the tiny baby out this morning - always hard to do because I'm afraid they'll get separated from their moms.  She's six dsys old today.  Oh, I was wrong he is a she but will keep the name Jasper.  

Nothing going on here today except the usual.  Need to shampoo my hair later.  

Jo, sorry I don't know about the hamhock.  Charles and daddy used to cook beans with them but not sure - probably put the whole thing in but don't know.  

Sandy, why don't you post and tell us what's going on in Virginia - especially this week.  Anxious to know how things went.

Back later.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,215
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Day I quit playing the lottery years ago! I believe the most I ever won was $20. Now, back in the day, Lou and I use to do pretty good at the race track. We made our betting money by putting out a tip sheet, which did pretty good. We stopped because it was so much work to it we never had time to watch the horses run. We had around 60 locations all over town that carried the sheet and the next day tip sheet had to be out for everyone before that day's race was over. The quality of horses changed over the years and we just got tired of the hassle.

Don't know what got me started on horse races this morning, guess it's just me reliving old memories. Like all of us, we all have found memories of days gone by.

Ron

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dear Ron, glad to get you a cushion for that coke crate and Judith is bringing her Snickers left over from last night; we're good to go . . . Ron, never could you be described as "selfish."   With the DVT and all the health challenges you have, some which are chronic, it would be really a huge help to have some assistance with the house; the laundry, the cleaning, and if fortunate to find someone who can do it, a little cooking and even a little socialization for Lou as well as someone to be with her if you need to get to appts, etc.  This would relieve you of so much, give you more happy time with Lou, and it especially would fill a need to get some respite to permit your body to recoup a bit.  Your beloved Lou would benefit from that.  Since you have multiple health conditions that are a bit limiting, you may be able to get some home assistance based on yourself from the VA or other community agency.  The Social Worker should have more information for you than the doctor's office.

If having to pay privately, it may be that someone in your new church family does housekeeping and would be available and more affordable.  Just an idea.

Judith is on spot; I do not like to bring it up, but Ron, it would be far best to have a good workable, "Plan B," for Lou. You have multiple health related conditions and if something happens abruptly requiring hospitalization, there would be a need to have something to plug in for Lou's care needs asap as in immediately and which could go on for some time.   Not something one wants to particulary think about, but it would give you much relief if you have something ready to go should some such unforseen issue happen.   Hope you have DPOAs with another person able to step in for Lou if you are "out of service" for awhile.

Someone out here won $750,000 in the Powerball drawing last night.  Goodness; over one billion buckaroos now in place waiting for a winner.  Whew!   Won't be buying a ticket, but it sure is astonishing to think about the effect winning such an amount would have upon a person and their family.  I think I would be unhinged for awhile. 

Sayra; any news yet as to when the water main situation will be fixed for normal use?  So hope it is soon. Is your mother also caught up in that in her area? 

We may get rain tomorrow and it may be as much as 1/4 of an inch . . . let's hope "may" becomes "will."  Not a lot, but every little bit is needed and appreciated.

Olive Garden has a new dish on the menu, Chicken Marsala. I had it once and it was good, but then I saw their seasonal dessert picture . . . it was pumpkin cheesecake with caramel sauce drizzled over the top; it looked really awesome . . . then I saw that one tiny slice had over 750 calories, aargh and alas - I went and ate my half apple instead. 

When we were at the pharmacy waiting to get our flu shots, an older woman was picking up two prescriptions.  I heard her apologizing to the pharmacist.   She said that she could only pick up some of her meds two weeks ago because she did not have the money to get the rest of her prescriptions, so she was picking them now.  I felt awful; if I had been there two weeks prior and heard she could not get her prescriptions I sure would have very quietly and anonymously paid for them myself.  It is truly sad and happens so often. 

Lorita, those calves make me smile.   Wonder why some of them like to lie down in the prickly cactus . . . must be a reason why it is so attractive to them; also lying in the Johnson Grass; perhaps they like the idea of a fluffy looking bed.  The grown cows do not seem to be looking for a cactus bed, so it is curious.

Happy November 01, to everyone,

J.

• jfkoc

Jo,,,I had a similar experience in Santa Fe when paying my taxes. The man in from of me could not pay. I asked if I could because someone had done that for me once. That was not true but he let me...it was a win/win.

Ron...do not wait up for the Snickers...lol

Can't smell the roast yet. Soon.

• Lorita

Jo, I don't know what the attraction is but most of the little ones like to be in there. Maybe they think they're hidden.  

Just had something odd/scary happen.  I use propane for heat only but use soft heat electric heaters as a supplement in the bsthroom.  It was on part of the night but sometime during the night turned it off and unplugged it.  just now went in to plug it in and one of the metal pieces in the plug had broken off in the outlet.  Thought about pulling it out and thought better of it.  One of the electrical linemen gave me the name of an electrician other than the one we usually use.  I called the library and got his number and called him.  I'm going to get an estimate from him about the barn lights and also  have him check the house wiring.  He's busy with several jobs but will try to come to give me an estimate later this week.  Told him about the metal piece. Said I could pull it out with pliers if it was on  the left side.  Thank goodness I went in and looked.  It is on the left but the ground is on top instead of bottom so that side is hot.  He said to not bother it until he comes out.  Might get my hair curled.  So that stove is broken and the bathroom is cold.  I have replaced plugs in the past but not sure now.

Jo, they say we may get up to 3" of rain this weekend and November may be wetter and warmer than normal.  We shall see.  I am seeing a little bit of green grass and have heard that fescue is growing some.

I am so tired of things going wrong!  Seems like one thing gets fixed and two more things go wrong.  Guess that's life in the fast lane but I'm in the slow lane.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 840
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Day, that customer was really ungrateful. Hard to believe. I understand why you don't want to be on social media; it can be infuriating at times. 

Beautiful day here, 71 degrees. Went for a long bike ride. Made chili for lunch.

Beth

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lorita you have had a rough patch.  

JoC boil water order lifted this evening.  Yes!!  No mom lives in a different area and there is a well there.

• Lorita

Judith, how nice.of you to do that and you. Jo, for thinking ok f paying if you had knoewn.  There are good people in this world!

Day, we just have to realize that we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try.  Just remember all the people you have helped and who appreciated it.

Sara, glad your boil order has ended.  I've had a rough year but still a lot of good things have happened.  Sometime I'll tell you all about what I have always said about the big, old Hack berry tree we lost this year.

All the girls went to the West pasture to graze- didn't see the baby anywhere.  Just looked out and mom had come up and he was having supper.She had left him here but came back to him.  I think she took her back with her.

Alarm is going off for me to turn off water I'm running for the girls.

Enjoy the evening.  Judith, your pot roast sounds good.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hello Rockers.

I woke up to a few inches of snow and it's still snowing. My nephew, bless his heart rides his bike to work every day and it's 7 miles one way. There was no way I was going to let him peddle that bike to work in the snow. So, I took him, and I plan on doing that as long as there is snow. My son will pick him up at night it is not safe for me to be driving after dark. I got my flu shot today and now my arm is sore. I will take some Tylenol before I go to bed. 

Lorita.  Be careful with the plug in the wall that scares me to think about it. The fedx guy who delivers my Chewy said he delivers a lot of stuff from Chewy. It's crazy how big Chewy has become. You mentioned something about Sedona, my daughter lives in Maricopa, Arizona, and she says that Sedona, is beautiful. Sedona is about 150 miles from her. 

Jo.  My fur babies will miss me, and I will really miss them. They will be well taken care of my son and nephew will be here with them while I am gone. One of my cats (Emmy) won't go to anyone but me she will miss me the most, I am her security blanket. She is still a kitten she is only 6 months old. 

Day.   Congratulations on your $12.00 win. I never remember to buy the tickets. When I do, I only get one $1.00 ticket. It only takes one to win, I am going into town tomorrow I will try to remember to get my one ticket. 

Ron.   You are not selfish you are a very loving caring husband and Lou hit the jackpot when she found you. But you do need to take care of yourself so your there for Lou.

Judith.  On TV this morning they were saying if you have leftover candy freeze it and when you bake something crush it up and put it in your cake's cookies whatever. That sounds good. Snickers would be good in cookies. 

Day.  I would never go on social media I have seen where people get into big arguments over what is said. I have no idea how to do it anyway. People can be so hateful and rude. My years working with the public things just got worse. 

I have a chicken in a roasting bag along with some carrots and potatoes and my house is smelling real good right now. Judith, I bet your smelling your roast buy now you have probably had some. I like the way Sara, cooks hers all night long I am wanting to try that. I guess I will just have to warm it up again in the evening when I get ready to have dinner.

My arm is starting to hurt I need to take some Tylenol now. Hugs Zetta 

• dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Lorita, that's scary - and I'm glad you're waiting for an electrician to fix!

I took the $12 and bought 6 more Powerball tickets (they're $2 each) and I think tomorrow is the drawing, the jackpot is $1.2 billion since nobody won last night.

I'm watching "Deadliest Catch" and they're fishing in the Barents Sea just outside of the Russian line, pretty interesting.

Mmmmm - roasted chicken sounds so good!  Maybe I'll make that soon.  

I've put in an application for a 10-year-old short-coated chihuahua named Chucky at a shelter - the process has changed since COVID - now you look online, apply and if you are picked as a potential adopter (this is after they've had time to get in touch with your vet to find out if your last pet(s) were cared for properly) then they schedule an appointment for you to come in and meet the pet. This dog wouldn't necessarily need full grooming but I gave my groomer as a reference also, because Keys was always regularly groomed so he wouldn't get matted.  I'm crossing my fingers, but if someone else is picked I'll just regard it as a sign he wasn't meant for me.  Maybe he likes kids and goes to someone who has kids, I don't know.
  • Lorita

Zetta, glad you got your flu shot.  Hope your arm doesn't get too sore.  Might want to put a cold compress on it for a while.

Still having tummy issues so may not go in tomorrow.  Called urgent care and they're not giving the flu shots . My pharmacy is but only three days a week. The pharmacist who gives them won't be there until Monday.  I don't want to take  it when I don't feel good.

Zetta, it sort of scares me, too.  You know I touched that piece of metal  when I discovered what happened.  The electrician said to just stay away from it.  Never heard of that happening before. I have two or three other things I will have him check.  He said he would come as soon as he could.

Sedona is pretty, Zetta.  Charles had been there a lot and really liked it.  I think the trip down Oak Creek Canyon road was really pretty, too.  I don't know how he made it down that road with a mobile home.

Had yogurt for supper so maybe that will help.

Zetta, try to keep the snow in Oregon.  The persimmon seeds say we will have a lot of snow this winter.  Hope they're wrong.  Be very careful driving.  What a nice lady you are to drive your nephew to work.

• Lorita

Hi,

Day, I've never watched either of the shows you mentioned.  I'm sort of honed in on game shows.  Some of them were made in the 70s, like Match Game. I remember wearing clothes like they wear.  I also like America Says and $100,000 Pyramid(watching that now).  Yellowstone's new season begins soon.  Do you watch that one?

I'm anxious to see how the baby made it tonight.  Her mom probably has her bedded down for the night.  Thought he would give them hay tonight but his time is not his own.  I don't know what people will do if he ever retires.  

That was scary, Day.  Glad I managed to get his number and called him before I tried to.pull it out.  

Is anyone watching the world Series?  I used to love baseball but haven't watched much lately.

Supposed to get windy tomorrow.  I don't like for the wind to blow but we have very few days without wind.

Hard to believe it's November.  Where did the year go?

Ron, hope your leg is better tonight.  Did they give you medicine to take?

Sleep well, everyone.

• ronald71111

Judith/Jo., I spoke with Lou's Dr. some time ago about care for her if something happened to me. Short term, long term, doesn't matter and all family members know what to do and where the important papers are kept. You would have never thought me marrying a lady 8 years older that a concern such as this would ever happen.

Lorita, yes I'm on apixaban 5mg blood thinner, tw0 tablets twice a day for 7 days and one tablet twice a day afterwards. I'm now glad I canceled my oral surgery, don't know if this blood clot would have made a difference, but going on the medicine might have caused problems. 

All this cooking has me getting hungry! I believe I mentioned this before, my mom use to cook a rump roast and pork roast together with carrots, onions and garlic and the natural gravy that came from it was delicious over your rice or mashed potatoes. I'm going to see if I can find that recipe. I've lost 8 to 10 pounds the last couple of weeks and since Judith ate the snickers before making it to the porch, I need another way to get the weight back.

Ron

• jfkoc

Ron...short term is a lot easier to plan for but if you have to stay off you feet or hospitalized with recovery your family  will need to know what facility you have picked.  Important papers...not cerrtain mine are all in one place except the attorney's office and she can, and has, sent them at a moments notice.

Now regarding the Snickers. They have been taken care of. It is amazing just how many one person can eat in 24 hours.

Persimmon seeds? Do  you just cut one open and decide if there are a lot? Based on what?

Lottery win...exciting. 

My SIL  played in two matches with a torn retina. He had laser surgery yesterday morning and must remain sedentary for a week then no exercise/jaring for a month. He is NOT a happy camper. I will take him some Trader's coffee ice cream this evening.

Oh, Winda and I got our boosters  yesterday. No side effects at all. Not even certain which arm.

• Lorita
    Morning, barely,

Ron, glad you're on medication for the blood clot - just take it easy.  Did they tell you to stay off your feet as much as you can? 

Still not up to par this morning so called and cancelled my PU appointment.  Did ask them if the fuel tank on PU has a drainage plug.  It doesn't so they have to siphon out the fuel and she said it pulls it out of the injectors, too.  Sounds good to me.  Should take l  1/2 - 2 hours and just didn't feel up sitting that long and really didn't feel like looking at new cars.  Just had some malt-o-meal and toast.

It's cloudy and cool here this morning.  Thought it was supposed to be sunny and warm.  Still says we may get up to 3" of rain Friday - with storms.  Hope we get the rain without storms.

Judith, sorry about your SIL.  Hope they can correct the  problem.  One of my uncles had a retinal detachment years ago and I think they were able to retain his sight. I remember when I was 19 or 20 I worked for an EENT specialist and we had a patient who had surgery for a retinal detachment.  He had to lay with his head very still for several days.  His name was Carney Ritterhoff.  Now how would I remember that when sometimes I forget what I'm going to do in five minutes.  Guess it made an impession on me.  There were four eye patients in an eight bed ward and I remember three of the names.  Charles and I became really good friends of one of them and his wife.

Glad you and Winda got your booster.  I think all of us have had them now.  Still need to get my flu shot.  Have you had yours?  I think WM pharmacy gives them all the time.

Decided I'd call the plumber and have them come out and fix the pipe under one side of the kitchen sink.  Somehow part of it is missing. The other side drains into the same pipe but one side is about half an inch above it.  No idea what happened with that - just looks like it disintegrated.  While they're here I'll have them check two of the frost free hydrants that leak and another one that's hard to turn on.   It'll be time to use the propane heater before long so I'll get them to check it, too.

The electrician said he'd try to get out here by Friday so he can get that part of the plug out of the wall and give me an estimate on the lights at the barn and I want him to check the wiring in the attic and check some of the receptacles.  Need to get all of that done before winter.   Now, if I could just get in touch with the carpenter to fix a couple of things inside the barn and build some new cowshed doors.  Got a lot on my plate to get done this month.  Seems like time just goes too fast and before you know it, things have piled up.

GPs slept outside last night and are still out there.  Stormy keeps an eye on the girls who are scattered everywhere this morning.  Haven't seen the baby y et but she must be okay becaue I don't hear anyone bawling.

Another thing - I need to call Robert to see what he's thinking about the car.  That will probably be a shock.  Now, let's see, I think that's all that's going on right now.  As for me, I may take an afternoon nap.

Judith, did you really consume all those Snickers or just freeze them?  Do you all remember that big  bars of candy used to be a nickel?  When I was in school we had a candy machine and that's how much they were.  There was one with dark chocolate called Hollywood and another with milk chocolate called Big Time ? and they were big.  A bottle of pop was five cents and when they raised the price to six cents we thought ti was awful.  How times have changed. 

I heard on the news last night that there are two jobs available for every person who's out of work.  I wonder why it's seo hard to find someone to do work you need done.  The ones who are working are so busy it takes a long time for them to get to you to do the work.

Hope all of you are well this morning.  Zetta, the snow you're getting is from the storm we hope will give us rain on Friday.  I'm not ready for snow.  Oh, Judith - about the persimmons.  You cut them open and they have one or two, or more, flat seeds.  You have to cut the seeds open, longways and it's very hard to do, at least for me.  There will be either a knife - which means cutting winds, a  fork (don't remember what that means) or a spoon which means lots of snow.  There used to be some persimmon trees in the west pasture but they're gone. Also used to be some on the road east of us but when I was by there the last time I couldn't see any.  Guess it was too dry. There are some around though because people are talking about finding  spoon in them.

Enjoy the day. 
  • ladyzetta

Good Morning Rockers.

Lorita.  Did you get the plug in fixed? My arm is not sore this morning. I took Tylenol before bed last night and non this morning. How is your tummy this morning?

I don't mind taking my nephew to work, he is from Sacramento and rides his bike everyplace he does not drive. So, he seems to think biking in snow is a piece of cake. Hes never been in snow. Hes off today I am going to have him take a ride in the snow and see what he thinks. I will be gone for 3 weeks so he will need to ride his bike.  

Day.   I hope you get little Chucky, he will be so loved. I got molly my little chihuahua from a shelter. she was 1 year old. Iam sure she was brought up around kids she loves them all and gets really excited when she sees a school bus. My neighbor before she moved let her kids come play with Molly, she would cry and watch for them out the window when they left. Thats her in my avatar, along with Sammy. 

Ron.   It is nice you have your planning done for Lou. Something you won't have to worry about. Are you sleeping better after you had your head raised on your bed? I like the idea of cooking the rump and pork roast together. I will give that a try.

I am looking forward to my trip to Arizona. I leave here next Wednesday. I have a 3-hour layover in Seattle then on to Pheonix Arizona for 3 weeks. 

Have a good day, all, Hugs Zetta 

• Lorita

Just had a call from Robert about the car.  He said lots of wires have been chewed.  He has three cars in right now with the same problem.  He said it has really been a problem this year.  Will take several hours to get them fixed and to check it out to make sure everything is okay.  They had a woman come in one day with one chewed wire, replaced it and she was back in two days with mote chewed wires.

Betty, thanks so much for the information about the rat repellant.  I found several on Amazon and will order.  Has it worked so far?

Went out to turn on water to one tank and saw the baby with her mom.  I see why I thought she was a bull (didn't do my regular check).  She has a lot of naval hair.  They both seem fine..  Mom walked through some weeds, then looked back to see if baby was following - she was picking ner way through weeds to follow.  Makes my day.

• ronald71111

Must be more to this blood clot then I thought. Had a call from the VA blood thinner clinic; which I didnt even know they had, going over concerns about being on a blood thinner with me. We talked quiet awhile and  I even mentioned disappointment with outside pulmonary and me being 24/7 caregiver. They told me they were going to see about getting me some help. 

On another note, evidentally a flock of birds flew over my pretty new white car and left a calling card. It wasnt just a spot are two, the hood and top of the car looked like they had been eating good. Lou and I went to the car wash and had a late breakfast at Denny's afterwards. Guess the birds thought I needed to get out for awhile!

Ron

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ron hope you do get some help.

Lorita you are having a rough patch.

Got mom, Jean and myself groceries today.  

I’m very tired and ready to go to bed.  Hope everyone has a good night.

• Seaside
    Seaside Member Posts: 38
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Lorita...I don't know which product he chose but hasn't had further damage. Googling it today, it seems the big problem is that the wire coating in many cars is soy-based, thus attracting rodents. My son had a Toyota Tundra a couple years ago and had that same problem then. Toyota has had a lot of problems with that and has had resulting lawsuits over it. But from what I read today many car manufacturers use the same wire coating. I hope that your bill won't be too much. 
  • Lorita

Hi,

Ron, sure hope the VA can come up with something to help with your caregiving.  Good you got to talk with someone to voice your concerns.  Be glad that you didn't have a Mulberry tree nearby.  That can really color up your car.

Sara, nice you got all those groceries.  By the time I get mine and get them to the house and put away I'm tired, too.  I should go more often so I don't have so much.  Getting some things done.  It  will all come out in the wash.

Betty, now I remember that about wiring being made out of soybeans.    The thing I read about is wireless so that would be easier.  Got to do something.  Probably should get one for the PU.

Called the plumber to see if he could come tomorrow.  By happen chance he wss on his way to our neighbors just at the corner of our farm. So when he finished there he came and took care of what I needed done.  My heating stove is at least 12 years old.  He lit it and said it was dirty. He wouldn't be able to get it all out and said some morning when I tried to light it, it wouldn't come on.  So decided I would have him get a new one and install it for me.  I trust him because he's done work for us for years.  Again, someone in the house without a mask but I had mine on.

I felt better in early afternoon so that's good. Wal-Mart is giving flu shots but the pharmacy techs give them.  I would rather have a nurse do it, however I have given myself B-12 shots and have given Charles his insulin.  Guess I will get it next week.

Girls are in NE pasture so closed all the gates thinking Mike might give them hay this evening.  If not, I can open them.  I saw one cow sitting/laying down in the garden and went out to check.  It was Gray Lady.  Talked to her and let her be.  She's one of our older girls.  She got up and went off to graze.  Scares me when I see one by herself.  Looked out and saw three little kids getting a drink from the tank in the lot.  They came in the back gate and through the barn.

Sara, you need to take a nap and rest.

• Lorita
    Does anyone know who the man is in the ",Up the   antibodies" commercial?  He is wearing a blue shirt and carrying a guitar.  He has gray hair and a full beard and is walking across a pasture toward a horse.
  • dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Lorita, the actor in that commercial is Jeff Bridges.

Well, I got some good news - I have been chosen to adopt Chucky.  The shelter is about 1-1/2 hours away from me and I asked them if I could come next Tuesday to get him and they said that would be fine.

His only health problem is a heart murmur - but I've had dogs with that before and it wasn't really an issue, just something that was noted.  He's 10 years old, 15 pounds so I know the vet will put him on a diet.  Oddly enough, he is not neutered and this shelter is rural and doesn't have a lot of resources, so the vet who did the intake felt like he was going to have to go to a bigger city to be evaluated heart murmur-wise before neutering, and since I applied for him I'll just take him to my animal hospital to have them evaluate and see if they feel okay with doing it or what they would recommend.  Not a lot of history on him, he came from a pound and this shelter pulled him because he was going to be euthanized.  They said he's very sweet and happy.  I'll be glad to have him.

Spent the afternoon washing blankets and things to get ready.  I made him a vet appointment for next Wednesday so they can take a look at him.  There are 2 links to pictures below, he's dressed like a taco in one of them.
  • Lorita

THank you, Day.  That's been driving me nuts!

So happy you will be giving Chucky a good home-  glad for both.of you.  He looks so cute and sweet.  Do you know how old he is?

We got Barclee, our little Shih Tzu, from a shelter. A woman took him for one night and brought  him back.  Said she couldn't care for him.  He was two and full of life.  He lived to 20- lost him early this year.  Still miss him.

These little dogs who are rescued seem to know it and make wonderful companions.  Bet you can hardly wait.  Thanks for posting the cute pictures.

Sorry. Just reread your post where you said he is ten.  We had a poodle who had seizures and we gave him phenobarbital every night.  Chucky will be fine with you.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 840
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Day, Chucky is adorable! I'm so happy for you!
  • Lorita

Morning,

Taking a long time to be able to post this morning, at least here.  Windy and warm here today.  

Heard a lot of  noise up toward the MH so drove up to check it out.  Didn't see anything on our land so must the other farm across the road.  Sounded like a bulldozer.

I looked for the baby but haven't located her this morning.  Mike came last night and gave the girls hay.  I had closed the gates so the girls weren't in the way.  When he let them through, they were ready.  This morning there were five or six little ones standing at a hay ring  eating.  Really cute.  A bc any will start nibbling on hay when they're a day or two old.  The baby was when she was two days old.

I called and talked  with Jeremy about the stove.  He's going to come and clean it out as much as he can. He says it's safe and might last another winter.  I was afraid if it quit this winter Atwoods might not have one but he says he can get one.  I like this stove and one or two winters is all I might need one.

My stomach is still uncomfortable this morning.  Can't figure out what's going on.  I had juice, hot tea and half a mini loaf of banana bread.  I'll watch what I eat.

Hope everyone is up and at 'em today.  Day, Denim and co. is on now for two hours.   I really like those clothes.  Don't know if you've seen Blair catalogs or not but I also like their clothes.  They're along the same line, fashionwise, as Denim and co.  Some are very similar and less expensive.

Do you have everything ready for Chucky?

• ladyzetta

Day.   Chucky is so sweet I wish I could hold him. He will be a very happy boy. 

Lorita.  Sorry your stomach is still bothering you, put something warm on it and rest.

Its 9 deg at my house today. The sun is shining on all the snow. 

Take care all of you Rockers. Hugs Zetta 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney