Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (184)

1235»

Comments

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,322
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi,

No, Zetta,no hot water yet.  I hate to call the electrician because he's so busy but will.  I think it would be okay to set the breaker again - but not sure.

A foot of snow and more coming down - stay inside and don't risk a fall.  It's been over a year since I fell the first time (can't remember about the second one) and I'm still having problems.  I fell facedown with my left hand, probably in a fist hitting my left side.  Falls can be the downfall of people.  My costochondritis has really bothered me today and that spot in my back feels like someone's sticking something in my back.  I'm leaning against the heating pad so it will be better.  Sometimes I walk around like I'm 100 years old.

Beth, the enchiladas do sound good.  I remember years ago we were visiting Charles' older sister and she made green enchiladas (think that's what you were talking about with the salsa verde sauce).  They were delicious.  She was a wonderful cook and could make anything. 

Marie, sounds like a good but tiring trip for you.  I know your mother really appreciated it- 9 1/2 hrs. is a long trip.  My folks are buried in an Indian cemetery about 40 miles from here  - it's the oldest cemetery in Oklahoma.  John Ross, Cherokee Chief, is buried there.    Mother always took flowers to the graves and I continued the tradition until about four years ago.  Charles and my parents are here in this house with me anyway so don't feel the need.  I did frequent the cemetery after my parents passed away and after I lost Charles.  It's a beautiful place with their graves facing a pond and pasture where cattle graze - could not be more appropriate for them.

Ron, I think the 24 hr. caregiving is a factor.  This morning your routine was disrupted and you changed things a bit plus having to keep an appointment.  It was just too much. You did the right thing in having it checked out.  Just be sure to get up slowly out of bed or a chair. At our age - without dementia - we need a routine and getting out of that routine isn't good for us.  I hope you're feeling better - just take it easy and rest.  Maybe make your appointments mid morning.  I've gotten to that point - used to like early ones but I've begun to sleep a longer in the mornings.

This is Sarah and Todd's one week anniversary.  Surely doesn't seem like a week has passed.  She didn't sleep last night but slept about four hours today. She said he had been asleep most of the day.  She was really sick yesterday but sounds better tonight.

Got hooked on Yellowstone today so watched about two hours of it and it's on now.  I tried to watch 1923 the other day - Sunday, I think, and just cannot get interested in it.  Love Harrison Ford - is he supposed to be John Dutton's father?

Got a card from one of my friends in Montana - she lives in Missoula, not far from where Yellowstone is filmed.  She's having problems with her health, too, and has fallen.  Sent a Christmas greeting to Leanne but haven't gotten a reply.  Very unusual for her since she usually replies the same day.  I'm a bit worried but maybe their internet is out.

I think I'll watch a little more of this show, then go in and get in bed and watch TV in there.  It was fairly warm here today but about 20 degrees cooler than yesterday.  Weather just said the first two weeks of January are supposed to be warmer and wetter than normal.  Hope that pans out.

Enjoy the evening and sleep well.  

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 840
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Zetta, Here are the exact instructions for the beef enchiladas.

1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean) 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch) 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz)       
    1.Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. 2.Cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chiles. 3.Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup beef mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. 4. Bake 20-25". (of course, you don't have to use Old El Paso brand - any brand will do)                                                                     
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thank You Beth, these look so good. Good Night, Hugs Zetta
  • ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,215
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Another spell this morning! Back in hospital!! Low blood pressure!!! Will be admitted!!!

Ron

• ronald71111

I have covid 

Ron

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning

Ron sorry to hear that but now you know why you haven’t been feeling good.  Will be praying for you and Lou.

Beth thank you for sharing your enchilada recipe.  Have been thinking about them since you mentioned them awhile back.  Only want to make 3 or 4 so will make corn tortillas from scratch and enchilada sauce from scratch and go from there.  They are gonna be good.  Wish I had fresh cilantro to put on top.  Will be a few days, maybe next weekend as have already took things out of freezer for this weekend.

Have dough in bread machine.  Getting low on sub buns so making a new package.

Lorita don’t believe there are any studies whether buzzing can prevent osteoporosis.  What I have seen is people said they did not lose more bone density and some said after 2-3 years they gained some density.  Research would have to be done regarding that.  I plan on buzzing 10 minutes every morning.  Then will do  5-10 minutes every 5 hours during daytime if I’m free to do so.  Some days that won’t work.  You should do at least 10 min each day.  Consistency is the key.  Will do my best, Lord willing to be consistent and we will see what happens.

Marie kind of you to take your mom.  She probably appreciates getting to go.  

Hope you hear from Leanne Lorita.  

Take care everyone

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Ron, did anyone suggest Paxlovid to you to blunt the course of the disease?

Iris

• Lorita

Morning,

Ron, so sorry to hear that you're positive.  Since you've had your shots and boosters it will most likely be a light case - whatever that means.  Is your neighbor with Lou?  Prayers for your rapid recovery.  Take it easy and don't worry but keep us informed.

Sara - years ago I had a bone density test and it showed some osteopenia in my left hip and back.  I started taking calcium and in a year another test and it had improved.  I try to remember to take calcium but don't do a very good job but maybe that'll be my new year's resolution - take more calcium on a regular basis.

I'm thinking I might try cinnamon rolls.  I've never made them.  Guess I could make the dough in the bread machine.  When you do that, Sara, does it rise and is then ready to take out and make whatever you're making, let it rise, then bake?  I'm a novice at this - never made dough in the machine.

This morning, way before daylight, the cows started bawling and carrying on.  Couldn't figure out what was happening but didn't get up to see.  When it came daylight, they had mostly quit bawling.  I thought maybe someone was feeding them earlier.  I called Mike and he said it was probably him taking hay up to the gate by the MH to feed this afternoon.  Toad is still sick so he and his  nephew are doing the feeding.  He said the nephew fed grain in all the pastures yesterday - I didn't see him but wouldn't if I hadn't seen the truck.  I guess I need to put the other driveway alarm farther down the driveway.

Just took down a thank-you care to the hospital and a birthday card to Sara - she'll be 52 Monday.  I got a letter from a friend in Montana yesterday so answered that and got it mailed.  Nothing else planned for today except I'll take the new heater out of the box and figure out how to use it.  I don't leave the propane heater on at night in the LR because of the cats.  I never know what they'll get into.  This morning I let them into the bathroom where I do have a little heater and into the bedroom to warm up some.  It's 47 right now so not too cold.

I better stop - battery is about gone and I'm filling a water tank so better check it, too.

Ron, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers today.  Keep us informed.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lorita that is exactly how you would do it.  Have never made cinnamon rolls.  Do enjoy making bread.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Dear Ron,

So very sorry to hear that you have Covid and are in the hospital.

Prayers for your returned health and for good caregiver coverage for Lou, so you don't have to worry about her.

Wish we were all closer together so that we could help.

Please do your best to rest.

Hugs, Marie

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Ron.

I am so sorry to hear that you're in the hospital with covid. My prayers are with you and Lou, do your best to not worry and get some much needed rest. Like Marie said it would be nice if we were a lot closer to help. Hugs Zetta 

• ronald71111

I had a church member go by Walgreens and pick up home test.  Lou and sitter have covid! Mild case, just a little cough and diarrhea. 

Dont believe I mentioned this morning my top number on blood pressure has been 90 to 104. They just took it again and its 136. Dr is adjusting my blood pressure medicine and will see how it is in the morning. 

Ron

• dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Sorry you're in the hospital, Ron!

Chucky wishes everyone a Happy New Year!

• Lorita

Hi,

Day, Chucky's all decked out for New Years Eve, isn't he?  He is so cute.  Is he playful or laid back?

Ron, where in the world did you all contract covid?  Maybe in Church and then the sitter got it?   Good thing you're in the hospital so you can get your BP checked out and stabilized.  That's pretty high.  Do you take it at home?   Hope you're feeling better tonight.  Was the dizziness the only symptom you had?

We have a new baby!  It's Penny's baby - she had the first calf after Mike bought the girls, a year ago.  I saw she and the baby up on the hill this afternoon and drove up to check on them.  She's a tiny, fuzzy, black baby.  I was a bit worried because Penny's two front teats are really big but thought baby was nursing the back ones.  So, you know me, when Mike and his nephew came to feed and put out hay, I called him and asked him to check on her.  They put out the feed and Penny reluctantly left the baby so she could eat.  Eve (appropriate name?)_, last year the baby was Evan - remember?  Anyway, Eve bawled and bawled and bawled.  She followed the other girls up to the hay and by the time Penny came up she was worn out and had laid down.  I walked up to make sure she was okay.  Gray Lady was with them and Penny was bathing her head.  

Mike called after he checked it out and confirmed that Eve was nursing the back two.  He'll be back tomorrow to set out mineral tubs.  He said he had two surgeries waiting for him at the clinic tonight.  He's really having it hard with Toad being sick.  Thank goodness his nephew can help.  I asked Mike if he minded me calling when I had concerns about the girls and he said it was fine.

I've been watching Yellowstone all afternoon and still am.  I got hooked  and you know I'm seeing things I've either forgotten or missed.  Really hate for it to be over tomorrow night.  

It was a nice day - pretty warm and not much wind.  Also had a beautiful sunset.  Our weatherman has been showing pictures of the sunsets people are sending in and they're beyond beautiful.  Tonight it was blue, pink and red.  Patsy told me once that she thought Oklahoma had the prettiest sunsets she had ever seen.  Gosh, really miss talking to her.  Not many people I can talk with now - except "my friends".  Thank you so much.

Just heard on the news that Barbara Walters and the former Pope both passed away.  I think it said she was 93.

Ron, try to sleep and rest tonight.  Maybe you'll get to go home before too long.

Talked with Sarah's nurse about the pain she's having.  She said she'd contact the doctor to see about some other medication or increase of this one.  Just talked with Sarah and she said one of the IVs was really hurting and she had called the nurse to fix it.  I feel so sorry for her.  We were both crying when we talked earlier today.  I try not to do that but sometimes just can't help it.  Again, she asked me to thank you all for the prayers.

Happy New Year.  I'll see you all next year.  Sleep well.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Chucky looks like a party animal! 

I just came back from a New Year's Matinee featuring a Beatles tribute band.  We already welcomed the new year, Liverpool time.

For those of you in this hemisphere, see you next year!

Iris

• ronald71111

They are letting me go home today! Stop one of the blood pressure medicine and take my blood pressure at home before taking the other. Follow up with primary care! They told me the covid alone with blood pressure problems could have caused my fainting spells. Still dont feel good; this covid has flared up my copd. Hopefully a day or two rest at home with no problems, I'll get better. HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Ron

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ron, I know you are happy to be going home.  I just hope it is not too soon given all you have on your plate there.

Praying that you have lots of help with Lou so that you can get some rest.

May each day of the new year be better and better for you and Lou.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more