Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (190)

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ron, I know it is difficult to accept help when you are used to doing it all. But look at it this way, by accepting help while you are under the weather, you are really making sure that Lou is also taken care of in the moment, and also insuring you are there for her in the future.

Lorita, great pictures! As a kid I would spend summers on the farm with grandparents. I loved to go to the creek and just listen to the water go across the rocks. True peacefulness.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Lorita, your photos are beautiful! I especially enjoyed the sunrise, and the cattle grazing on the other side of the pond. You live in a beautiful (and I hope peaceful) place!

Ron, be sure to rest. Glad you are home and feeling better. The view from my back deck: Sunset

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited April 2023

Hi again, Beth, that picture of the sunset is breathtaking. I don't see the sunset because there's too many trees behind the house - guess I could go out in the pasture though. I get to see the pretty sunrises so guess that's enough. I talk about Sheena and Stormy all the time but don't think I've ever posted a picture of them. I don't have the one of them where you can see how big they are and both together on my computer - just on my phone but will post this one. Maybe you all can get a good idea of what they're like. I put Vectra 3d on them about three hours ago. Always makes me nervous afraid they might have a reaction. I've used it for three or four years with no trouble and so far they're okay. Have to leave them outside for several hours because they can't be around cats for a long time. Do hope this helps their itching. Now, I'll see if I can post this. This was taken three or four years ago so they've gained weight - Stormy on the left and Sheena on the right. They're out by the south fence watching the girls. Looks like they've been laying in the dirt. Hard to keep their white hair clean.

Hope everyone's okay today. Zetta?????

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Wow...looks like those cows are right next to the house!!!

Ron...letting others help is a gift to giver also.

• Lorita

They are, Judith, just outside the yard where we park.

Ron, when I thanked a friend for doing something nice for me told me that they would also need help sometime. Judith is right - it gives the person who does the good deed a warm feeling.

• Lorita

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hello All,

Lorita. Thanks for asking about me I have been busy pet sitting. Molly and I stayed for 3 days and nights and took care of 2 Boston Terriers. One of the terriers is Molly's age 8 and they know each other, so that was good. The other one is only a year old and full of craziness, so I was busy trying to keep the young one from being so crazy. Molly wanted nothing to do with that dog. My best friend who passed away 7 months ago these are her dogs. Her husband needed to get away for a few days. I have been their pet sitter for a lot of years.

I have been pet sitting for 15 years, I had to stop taking on new responsibilities, so I just stay with the dogs I have been with before. So, the 15 dogs I took care of are now down to 3. I miss pet sitting but Iam a bit too old to take on new pets especially puppies. My son has taken over the pet sitting so he stays pretty busy.

I have gotten behind with what's happing on the front porch, it's becoming a busy place. I just got home a few hours ago so it might take me awhile to get caught up.

Ron. Iam concerned about you, please get a lot of rest and let people help you. I think I would also have a hard time letting people help me, but hopefully when the time comes, I will take the advice I am giving you.

Take Care all and Lorita, thanks for asking. Hugs Zetta

• Lorita

Hi Zetta, I'm glad you posted. I was getting worried. Don't remember if you told us you were going to be pet sitting for a while. At any rate, you're okay.

It's been a quiet day here. I put Vectra 3D on the GPs this morning and they've been outside all day and will stay outside tonight. Supposed to be away from cats for quite a long time. Stormy did go with me to take down the trash this afternoon and guess what - the misting fan I ordered from Amazon which they said was delivered on the 25th was in the trash barrel. Almost fell over when I opened the lid and there it was. I wonder if the UPS guy thinks I put that barrel down there for him to put things in to avoid coming to the house? Another weird thing; last night when I decided to go to bed I debated about taking my 10" tablet with me - I think I decided against it. I remember seeing it leaning up against the back cushions on the divan where I'd been using it so I think I left it there. Today I can't find it anywhere. If I was losing it I would think someone came in the house and got it - nevermind that the doors were locked and why only take the tablet instead of the computer and my purse laying on the dining table. Didn't hear the driveway alarm, Stormy didn't bark and I was up at 1:30 to let them outside and got up at 6 a.m.

I remember Charles had an aunt in Harrison, Ark. that we'd visit from time to time. She lived on the second floor of an apartment building and had a window and door that opened onto the second floor porch. She was completely convinced that someone came in through the window every night and took one of her glasses. Charles checked and the window was secure but he did put a new lock on the door. I can see where if you're just a bit out of it how you would believe things like that. I've taken it off the divan and stuck it somewhere. Sandy, I know I'm always looking for things but for the life of me I cannot find this. My mother had alz. and I'd call her and ask what she was doing and she was always looking for something. She said there are so many places here to put things and she was so right.

I can use my 7" tablet but it says "you must be new here - sign in". Did we have to change our password? At any rate I'll use the laptop until the other tablet shows up. When I find it, I'll remember putting it there.

Ron, hope you've done well today. I'm looking out the open front door at the trees a mile away and the pond. Girls have left the NE pasture and have gone up to the MH to eat some hay. I'm thinking the little cow is probably all right to let out and if so I may let Susie into the yard to graze - grass is really growing. There's very good grass just outside the closed gate to the driveway but don't know how I can keep her from going down the lane without having to sit and watch her all morning. She's not able to be out with the others yet - still limping badly - if someone bumped her she'd fall and hurt herself again.

Did you all see the recall on the Gold Medal flour? I think I mentioned this before. I have a new, unopened sack that I'll dispose of and not eat the rest of the peach cobbler I made from flour I had - no idea what the date was on it. Can't even trust our flour now.

Ron, thank you for the prayers for Sarah - she needs everyone and all the good wishes she can get. Talked to her earlier today and for some reason the nurse wasn't able to come but may have later today. Question: If you're on hospice can you still be admitted to the hospital? She's trying to decide what to do.

See you all tomorrow.

• ladyzetta

Lorita. I loved the pictures from the front porch. My favorite one was when mama and the babies were there. Looked like they were really close to the porch. I will also keep Sarah in my prayers.

When Dan was on hospice, I was told they would not take him to the hospital that his care would be taken care of at the facility. But with Sarah being home I don't know how that works. It seems like I have heard people saying if you go to the hospital, you are no longer on hospice but I think you can sign up again. But I am not sure.

Did you look behind the cushions on your couch?

Good Night All.

• Lorita

Zetta, I've looked everywhere I can think of several times but just not the right place. Can't figure it out. Maybe I've started sleepwalking - the utility room light was on when I got up last night or this morning. I'm sure no one was in here because that's the only thing missing - billfold in purse, etc. It'll turn up somewhere. I took all the cushions off the divan - nothing.

Sarah texted me - seems the nurse came today and gave her some kind of shot the doctor has ordered. Still waiting for results on the specimen they took yesterday. Thank you for the prayers.

Zetta, the cows on two sides all the time and the other two sides part of the time (when we have one up) are next to the yard fence, probably why we've always had a fenced yard.

Very quiet here tonight. GPs will stay outside tonight. I hear them barking now. I remember last night after I let them outside I heard coyotes or wolves really closeby.

I've been watching Emergency and Adam 12 - now Barney Miller's coming on. Love the big cars they drove back then. We had several of those big cars - rode so easily. I bet you're glad you're home tonight to sleep in your own bed. We're glad you're back, too.

See you all tomorrow - sleep tight.

• Lorita

Morning, It's going to be a pretty day - only 60 degrees right now but wind is calm and sun is shining. Need to do some work in the yard - my glossy abelia didn't make it through the drought and winter. I've left it thinking it might come out but so far, nothing.

I'm watching QVC - Robert's flowers and they have a set of three huge gerbera daisies. I tried their perennial ones last year and only had one little bloom and they didn't come back. Gets discouraging. I can't have plants on the porch or steps because of Rusty. In fact, a day or so ago I saw two squirrels running from the yard to the creep feeder so he has a friend. I fed the birds this morning and he was out there eating.

Just put a loaf of bread in to make - even with the different active dry yeast instead of bread machine yeast the loaves aren't as big as they were. The bread machine may be on it's last legs, after all, it's 35-40 years old even though we didn't use it very much.

I talked briefly with Sarah this morning. I feel so very sorry for her. All that's happening is just dragging her down and her nerves are completely shot. The nurse is coming this morning and she's going to ask her about getting additional medicine for her nerves. She wants to begin seeing a psychiatrist again so maybe that will help. There's nothing I can do but wish there was. All I can do is talk with her and try to calm her down. Last night she sounded like she was about to break down.

Still haven't found the tablet. For the life of me I can't figure out where it could be. Some day I'll find it and wonder why I didn't look there.

I fed the two girls but still need to give them some hay. I think I'll let the little cow out but keep Susie up until she can walk better. I would let her out the gate to eat the nice grass just across the fence but I doubt she'd stay there. You know the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence or down the road.

Sara, are you going to plant tomatoes this year - and, what else do you plan on doing? Maybe you can get the rest of your mulch down. Here it's past time to put out tomatoes and spring crops but the weather has been so strange that you can't depend on it anymore.

Have you all checked your flour supply? I have some AP flour in a container and a new sack that I'll have to get rid of.

Ron, do you feel like you're improving a lot - probably takes some time. I remember when I had double pneumonia it felt like I had a broken rib. I took antibiotics at home but don't remember how long it took to get better - do remember running a high temperature and feeling sort of out of it. Was going to bake some muffins but my cake mix is almost a year old so guess i'll wait. Darwin brought cookies a couple of weeks ago and I was going to make muffins and refill the pan before I return it. Might make some brownies.

Hope everyone's okay this morning. Happy May Day.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good evening.

Has rained off and on all day, quite cool.

Lorita hope to plant 2 or 3 tomatoes. I don’t know what else. When I go to the nursery I’m just going to decide as I look. My biggest fear is I don’t want to spend a bunch of money and then not feel like getting it done. I would rather just buy a few things at a time. But things are so much cheaper at the Mennonite greenhouses. They are a distance away and they close around June 1. Don’t want to babysit all that stuff til it can be put out either. The local nurseries have things quite awhile but so much more expensive. Decisions, decisions

take care everyone

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Glad you’re home Zetta.

Lorita, I love all the pictures. Stormy and Sheena are so pretty. I bet it is hard to keep them clean. Did you pull your bed sheets back to see if you did take it to bed and it got covered up by the bedding? I hate to misplace things. I’ll pray for Sarah.

Beth, the sunset is beautiful.

Ron, I hope you’re feeling better. Try to relax and enjoy a little pampering.

I waited for workers to come today to get the vanity replaced and they didn’t show up. Hopefully they will come tomorrow. I’m so anxious to get the job done and get the furniture back where it belongs. My granddaughter Ellaree is on the golf team at school. The State playoff is in Aspen at the end of May and I told her the team and coach could stay here if they make it that far. I’m hoping I don’t have to get them a motel room because the basement isn’t finished. This has been going on since January 15th. I can’t believe it’s taking so long. I know I’m not their only customer, but it really shouldn’t take five months to restore the damage. Oh well, patience is key in dealing with messes like this. I’ll just be still and see what happens.

My sister had her hip replaced last Wednesday. They have improved that surgery a lot over the years. She said she has no pain and has a four inch incision on the front of her thigh. She was making a meal yesterday when I talked to her. Already walking with a cane. It’s amazing how advanced replacements are compared to when my Mom had her hip and knee replaced.

Beautiful day here today. The leaves are popping out and flowering trees are beginning to bloom. Have a good evening. Joan

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
  • Lorita

Hi, Sara, our weatherman tonight said it's time to plant okra - warm weather crop. Years ago Charles and I set out eggplants. The weather was still chilly and the longer they were in the ground the smaller they got - taught us a lesson. Here tomato plants should be almost knee high with blooms - or at least have been in the past. Now you can't depend on the weather to be like it used to be. I don't blame you for not getting plants to try to keep alive until you can plant them. I haven't bought any kind of plants in quite a while but I imagine they've gotten more expensive just like everything else.

Iris, the babies make everything worth while - so sweet to see them running and playing. The little ones, after they're 3-4 weeks old, sort of band together, just like kids do.

Joan, how many are on the golf team? Remind me what your other granddaughter's name is. I think Ellaree is a beautiful name and so is the other one - is it Ashlyn? I do remember years ago I wrote down the names because they were so pretty but where that was I don't know.

It is so frustrating to have to wait on someone to come and do work for you that they've promised to do. I've dealt with that for way over a year. It took Daniel and his sons 3-4 months to replace two floors and take off and replace the rocks on the south side of the house. Didn't think they'd ever finish. Then, all at once, they loaded up and disappeared - still leaving paint touchups and a couple of other things undone. Also left all of the furniture that was in the utility room in the middle of the floor. I guess I was so mad about it that I got it back in place in no time flat. While the dryer was outside mice or squirrels dragged dry grass inside and the first time I used it

drying the clothes took forever. He found what it was and fixed it. Really frustrating to deal with people sometimes. I hope they come tomorrow and get your work done in a hurry.

Yesterday about 9:30 a.m. I put Vectra 3D on the GPs and left them outside until about 9:30 this morning. They ate and have slept all day. They went out a while ago and tinkled and took care of business and are back inside, sound asleep now. Being outside 24 hours almost did them in. They seem okay, just sleepy. Thank you, I think they're pretty, too. They need baths but I don't think I can do that. Their hair cleans itself pretty well.

Bad thing happened today not too awfully far from us. Two teenage girls spent the weekend with a family with three children. They didn't come home last night or to school this morning. The Sheriff and others started looking for them and checked the house where they stayed and found them, three children and their parents dead. Still don't know what happened. The man was a registered sex offender. Guess you never know what will happen.

News is on so I'll stop for now. Hope all of you are well and have a good night's rest. Thank you for the prayers for Sarah, Joan.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

I'm slowly getting better, still feel weak, but oxygen level and HR better. Lou let me rest Saturday night, but Sunday night and last night have not been good. Hopefully tonight will be better! Follow up appointment with primary care next monday I plan to discuss sleep study and esophogram. I am not wheezing now but when I talk a lot, eat or drink it brings on a coughing spell.

Ladies from the church brought more food yesterday and said another lady was bringing some today. I told her we were still eating on yesterday's lasagna and even though it was appreciated, we didnt need any today. Lovely church ladies with a good Christian heart!

I feel so nasty needing a haircut.....I've always liked to keep my hair groomed and had planned a haircut before going to the hospital. I hope I feel better later!

Ron

• jfkoc

@Lorita ....Sarah can go online and look up her results. I get mine before I hear from my Dr, She might also ask about using medical marijuana. I know I would use that in lieu of drugs whenever possible and my Drs at Mercy agree.

Garden report....two peony buds still. No change for 2 weeks. I think I will pick some up at Joe's tomorrow.

@Ron...please continue to rest...maybe just take a nice drive with Lou and sit in a park. Take the food and put it in the freezer.

@jo...how is the stain removal coming along?

@Zetta...wish I had a dog around...really miss the company

Who is going to grow which kind of tomato???

• Lorita

Ron, hate to mention it but last night I noticed the moon - not sure when it will be full but will be before long. Maybe that's part of the reason Lou is acting out a bit. I agree with Judith - take the food they offer and freeze what you can't use right away. That way you won't have to be cooking as much. They wouldn't offer if they didn't want to do it. You're independent, and I know how that is because I'm the same way but sometimes we have to let people help more.

Judith, go ahead and get another dog or a cat if you like them. They're so much company and not that much trouble. You loved Luke so there's another little Luke out there needing a home.

I haven't looked at my peony for buds but the pretty roses and buds on the knock-out rose have been eaten. Those cows love roses and rosebuds. I have two salmon colored knock-out roses beginning to bloom and the pretty, pink rose over the gate has buds. I have also noticed that my Queen Elizabeth made it through the winter and is growing - no buds yet. I need to look at the Tropicana rose. I love orange roses - so fragrant. I have a couple of clematis growing on the gas

light in the yard and a Jackmanii out by the gate - also noticed one on the front fence has made it - don't think the other one made it. I have, or had, a beautiful purple clematis by the Tropicana so need to check on that.

I'll tell Sarah, Judith, but yesterday the nurse told her she had some kind of virus. I think they've sent the sample to the CDC. The nurse also mentioned monkey pox. I had heard about that some time back. She sounded much better last night when she called. I know sometimes she gets overwhelmed with all of the stuff going on with her. Can't blame her a bit.

Mike and Toad came this morning after they fed and brought more feed for Susie and Penny. But I forgot to mention the calf in the barn. I'll call him just before noon and remind him. He's so busy - said he got to bed at 2:30 last night - but maybe Toad can do it when he feeds again. I just can't make myself do it - I've done it lots of times but this is a different matter for me.

Now this is getting ridiculous - I've looked everywhere I can think of and still cannot find my tablet. It's like it just disappeared. I do the same things everynight when I get ready to go to bed and have retraced those steps several times - still nothing. If I was paranoid enough I'd think someone came in and took it but that's silly so it will turn up sometime.

Sandy, I ordered David's frozen cookie pucks again. When I ordered it looked like Wednesday and Thursday would be cool but our weather says it's going to warm up. I checked and they're in Kentucky now so should get here tomorrow. Late this afternoon I'll call UPS and have them tell the driver not to put them in the trash barrel. Think I'll put a sign on the lid, too.

I heard on the news last night that Virginia had some really bad weather. Hope it wasn't in your area - or in Marie's either.

I let the two cows out into the driveway lane to graze. There's lots of good grass on both sides of the road that quarter mile so hate for it to go to waste when they need it. I drove down just now and closed the gate and they had grazed down to a couple of Hackberry trees on the driveway and were resting. There are some of the most beautiful trees in full leaf now - Hackberry trees - just gorgeous.

When they were here they were talking about all the beavers on the section east of us that Mike just bought. Toad said they were around all of the ponds on the section where there's trees - said so far the kill count was 38 with lots more still there. I hate to hear that but guess they have to do it. I had no idea there were beavers in this area. Years ago Charles and Jerry, his brother, were fishing on a pond west of us and they saw a muskrat. They didn't see it and it came up and slapped it's tail on the water and scared them half to death.

Need to stop and put the new gooseneck lamp together. Do hope everyone is well today. Zetta, guess you're still resting up after your pet setting and enjoying being home. What's going on with the eagles at Big Bear? Back later.

• Mint

Good evening,

Has rained about all day, and very windy.

Judith I do not know what type of tomatoes I will get. I’m just going to see what they have.

I always buy King Arthur flour so guess I’m ok there.

Lorita I lost something awhile back and found it between mattress and bed frame.

Thought maybe you were dog sitting Zetta.

Take care everyone

• Lorita

Hi, It's been pretty warm here and humid. Sheena and Stormy have been outside most of the day with Sheena laying under the holly where she's dug up dirt to cool off. About three hours ago or so I put the leash on her and had to pull her to get her to come in. Normally when I put on the leash she'll jump up and come with me. She laid on her bed flat on her side and wouldn't respond when I talked to her. Stormy went outside and she didn't make a move to go with him. Her nose was hot and dry. I called Mike who was on a large animal farm call and told him. He said he thinks she may have gotten too hot. Told me to take her temp and he'd call back after he finished his call. I took it and it was a little over 104 - normal is 101. Scared the dickens out of me so took it again, then again in about an hour.

He called a while ago and he said to give her some cold water with a little sugar dissolved in it. In fact, he told me that when I first talked with him. I had done that and she wouldn't drink. This time he told me to spray her belly with water and give her 1/3 to 1/2 aspirin. Earlier she started panting and her nose got cool and wet. It's not wet now but it's fairly cool. He's coming out in the morning and will bring medicine and treat her her.

There's no way I can get her in the PU (another reason to get a vehicle that's much lower so they cam get in it). He thinks she just got too hot being outside and probably not in the wind. I just gave her the aspirin and sprayed her belly and I have a fan flowing on her. She's a little over nine so it scares me when something happens to either of them. It'll be a long night - probably won't sleep much. She's laying in front of the fan, not laying down flat. Good wishes requested for her. Sarah is going to the hospital tomorrow to get some tests done. I do hope she can find out what the problem is with her skin. Good night.

• jfkoc

So sorry about Sheena. I hope you told Mike she has been acting poorly for several days.

Large dogs do present their own problems and getting them to and from the vet is one of them. The day comes when they cannot get into anything. I was lucky to find a vet who made house calls for Luke. They also transported him to the hospital where he did die.

Please let us know what Mike says as soon as you can.

• Lorita

Judith, Sheena started to improve last evening after she cooled off. He told me to spray her belly with cool water and put a fan on her which I did. After a while she ate a couple of Ritz crackers and then her milk bone. This morning she seems normal. He called early this morning to see how she was. He said she had just gotten too warm or hot being outside so long. They spent 24 hours outside a day or so ago and then overnight that night. She has so much hair - I may try to trim some of it off to make her cooler. Stormy has lots of hair but it's different - hers is fluffy. So I'll just watch her closely. I did tell him she had been off the last few days - dread this summer for them. He took the little calf away and got a heifer up the boys were bothering. I just got back from our little town - had to get some milk and gas for the Gator. Glad that's done. I don't think I'll use Vectra again though. Thanks for your concern - so appreciated. I know what you went through when Luke was so sick and then losing him.

• ladyzetta

Good Morning All.

Lorita. I am so sorry to hear that Sheena, is having issues. How is she doing this morning? My prayers are with you, for Sarah and Sheena.

There has not been much activity on Jackies and Shadows nest looks like no more eggs this season. They do come to the nest often but fewer and fewer times.

Have you found your tablet yet? Have you looked under the couch?

Judith. You are so right dogs are good companions. There are so many looking for a good home, especially the older dogs. Alls, they want is someone to love them.

Sara. You were so right thinking I might be pet sitting. I still have a few pets I care for and sometimes they keep me pretty busy. I used to go to one house that did not have internet or good cell coverage. So, when I wanted to call someone, I had to go outside and walk aways to get coverage.

Good Day to all of my friends on the front porch. Hugs Zetta

• Lorita

Thanks, Zetta, I've lost so much in the past couple of years it scares me when something's wrong with the GPs or cats - or cows for that matter. I'm sorry that Jackie and Shadow won't have little ones this year - always a sad thing when things don't work out.

Are you finished with the snow for the year? Sure hope so - you've had enough. Our weather is going to get hot tomorrow for this time of years - I dread the hot summer - also possibly some severe storms tomorrow. Glad I got up to the store. I think I had mentioned I couldn't open the tailgate of the PU. When Bryon was here they fixed it but when I opened it at the gas station this morning a part fell off and I didn't notice it until I got home - so drove back up and luckily I found it - guess it fell off when I put the gas can in and closed it. It works without it but doesn't look too good. You know Sheena is nine years old so guess she can't stand the heat like she used to. So they'll stay in most of the summer - glad I have two new air conditioners. Mike did bring worm medicine. Stormy has loose stools and he's going to try this before starting other medications. I'll wait a couple of days so I'm sure Sheena is recovered. Judith, I feel lucky that Mike is closeby and doesn't seem to mind to treat the GPs here at the house. He's so busy - said he has 350 head of cows to preg check tomorrow and the next morning. Going to try to move the little bulls and heifers this weekend. It's dried up enough around the barn but rain is predicted so can't complain about that. Glad to hear from both of you. Jerry's on his way so I'll stop for now.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Lorita, I hope Sheeana is steadily improving. I know with the heat ut is hard on older dogs, I use to keep littlebit in a short cut year round since he was a house dog anyway.

Well.........got my blood pressure up this morning! Monday one of the nurses called and said my primary care wanted to see me at 10 next Monday. This morning the scheduling clerk called and told me they had no openings for Monday. I informed him the nurse called and said dr wanted to see me Monday, he told me he would talk to the nurse and call back. The head nurse called and told me they didnt have any openings and I could see the dr on my regular appointment the 10th of next month. I lost my temper and told her I was tired of all this and told her to just hang up. Now I bet all of you that have been calling me a southern gentleman might be having second d thoughts.....yes, I did raise my voice!

Ron

• jfkoc

@ Lorita...I think the GP are double coated;

@Ron...I would be hopping mad. Anyway you can just use Medicare which might be much easier?

• Mint

Good evening,

Same o, dark, cloudy. Suppose to start warming up tomorrow.

Just the same old thing here.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited May 2023

Lorita, can you order a Furminator from Amazon or Chewy? It pulls out the heavy undercoat. I have one for my cats. They make different sizes for different coat lengths. They also make a model that attaches to a vacuum cleaner so you don't have all that hair flying around. I try to furminate my cats in the grass.

I have begun to add water to my cat Simon's food, so that it is more like mush, or even soup. He needs to be hydrated more than the other cats.

The autocorrect is funny, it corrected "mush" to mushrooms. Now why would I feed my cat mushrooms? LOL

Iris

• Lorita

Hi, I just wrote a long post, was doing the paragraphing and lost the whole thing. Guess it was telling me it was too long.

Judith, GPs are double coated so that is probably why they love snow and cold weather. I think I have a furminator - will have to look for it.

Ron, don't give up on the VA - too many benefits or used to be anyway. Maybe you can get in touch with the doctor and let him know about the appointment mixup. Sarah goes through the same thing with appointments. If you're sick you need to be seen then, not in a month or six weeks.

Sandy, I've been waiting all day for those David's cookies. Supposed to have been delivered today but wasn't so they'll probably be thawed. If so, I won't try again.

I wish all of you could have been with me today, especially Zetta and Iris, when I watched a new mom and her baby. So cute to see baby running to keep up with mom. Baby got behind the gate when everyone was changing pastures so she called mom and mom came back, said something to her and they got together and went to the others. They are so sweet.

I hope everyone's okay today. Ron and everyone, Sheena seems back to her old self today. She's been inside except for going out on her leash a couple of times. She's eating and ate her milk bone so I guess it was just being too hot. I've had a fan on in the LR and BR all night and today. I'll look for the furminator and see if that'll work. She loves to be brushed and lots of hair comes out. You all should see the floors with the bunches of white hair everywhere. I could make a pillow from it. I'll try to paragraph this and watch which keys I press. Enjoy the evening and rest well.

• jfkoc

The double coat also keeps the dog cooler!

I have never had a problem getting in to see any of my Drs if I were sick but usually will go to an urgent care run by the hospital associated with that Dr. There is one that is closer to Sarah than the hospital is and parking right out front. She might give it a try.

Peonys getting larger. This year I will bring them in and not let them get battered by out spring rain.

Went to exercise then had a long appt with accountant. I do not do money well but then she does not do art so there you are.

Speaking of art, we have an important exhibition of Rodin along with some Impressionistic painters so I have started studying. Nothing I like better. I want to have lots of knowledge so that I am able to tailor my tours to the guests.

Today is upstairs day. I have still just a bit to leave the house then just consolidating. All of my daughters things are going back to her. Boy, will she be surprised...lol.

BTW...the rabbit (s) is back along with a possum who is so fat it can hardly walk.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more