Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (190)

1151617181921»

Comments

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi, Made it to the vets this morning. Surprisingly when I got there there weren't any cars in the parking lot so I wondered what was going on. Got in with the two carriers and checked in, then the floodgates opened. There were people everywhere and dogs galore. Got in pretty quickly and he gave allergy shots to Lilly and Max with antibiotics to Lilly. Also got Prednisone to give them (along with giving it to the GPs) and Amoxicillin for Lilly. Also got eyedrops for Max. Now Sammy is acting silly. Got home by 11:20 so that was pretty good.

The roads are uber rough from all the rain and mud we've had. Ate some lunch and laid down and dozed off. When I woke up went out to close the north pasture gate and saw a little calf outside the corral. He was bawling and mom was answering. Two cows came out but one started down in the pasture. Got around her and she went into the barn. Got the baby up and mom came back out. Yesterday I saw a cow who looked like she was ready to calve so this must be it. Why in the world did she leave it down in the pasture. I think I'll open the north barn door and close it up. Maybe that will take care of them leaving the babies out while they go in. I thought it was the other new baby but this one is black and the umbilical cord is fresh.

It's not too hot - 79 with 50+ % humidity. Jo, hope you've had a good birth day. Was this the day you were going to have salmon and couscous? I love couscous but forget to make it - think I still have some in the freezer. I even like it leftover - just by itself or with a little bit of vegetables.

Quiet day here after I got home - enjoy that. Stormy and Sheena stayed in the house. Sheena has been asleep most of the day - just now came out into the LR.

Hope everyone's well today - Sara, hope you're continuing to improve. When do you go to the doctor to check on your calculus? Ron, hope you're feeling well today and got to rest last night. Enjoy the rest of your day.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Well today has been a bummer....hope your day has been good Jo C.

Went to Posadas Mexican restaurant today for lunch with church friends. Table wasnt ready and Lou was impatient, kept telling me she wanted to eat and asking what was taking so long. Finally got inside and she wouldn't stay; to cold, I had her a sweater and friend offered blanket from car, still wouldn't stay. Ended up leaving and taking Whataburger home.

Ron

• Sasue
    Sasue Member Posts: 69
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments

Happy Birthday Jo! 🎶🎶🎶

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,678
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Surgery scheduled for 6/12 they are going to try to get me worked in on 6/5. Only have one stone. It almost made it to my bladder before it got stuck. They will laser it.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you very much for the lovely birthday wishes - you are all so very kind; I send a big soft hug to all of you. It has been a quiet day with much of it spent taking phone calls from friend and family members, really nice of them. Just wondering why so many of the calls came whenever I was in the bathroom! (Smile.)

Also . . . I think it may be time to start number 191. Had trouble getting onto page 21 and once there, abruptly got slugged to a different page again. AND . . . this is the weirdest of all . . . I wrote a Post yesterday, earlier in the day on page 20. Well; it now shows up not only on page 20, but again on page 21, under other Posts written on page 21. Went out and came back in with the same experience again.

Will come back after this Post and delete that redundant copy.

Lorita, the baby nursery seems to be in full swing, my goodness; there is a lot going on. Glad you were able to get right into the vet; that was nice not having to wait at the end of a line.

Ron; I am so very sorry that Lou would not settle in for lunch; it must have been very disappointing for you to say the least. It may be that she is now at a point, that she is not comfortable with groups of new people with noise and activity which may also be the reason for her balking at going into church. This is twice, so it may possibly be that dynamic. New places, unrecognized people, activity and noise going on around her which is difficult for her to process or tolerate; all a possible recipe for upset in many of our LOs who do best with daily routine and structure and less activity around them. Sure wish it had been different, you are a very nicely social fellow who enjoys people and it would have been good to get out amongst friends.

Lorita, yes; my birthday dinner will be salmon and couscous and either zucchini with onion or asparagus. It is our family tradition that when a person has a birthday, they may choose whatever they wish for their birthday dinner and may also choose whatever type and flavor of cake they wish. My choice for that is not to have a cake so that is not sitting around calling my name for days; I have chosen a carrot cake cupcake with that cream cheese frosting - it is made at CostCo bakery and they are large. They are also delicious. One big gluttonous swoop and it is gone. I am skipping ice cream, don't need it.

Got clean sheets on the bed thank goodness; my hand and arm injury preclude me from doing that chore at this time, so bless him; my DH did it and I am SO grateful. I am now able to type some, but when I quit my hand hurts but at least the wrist and forearm are not painful after typing, so progress has been made. Since it is my dominant upper limb that was affected, it is strange how that limb automatically reaches out to lift, carry, etc.; forgetting that is not a good thing as it equals pain. Muscle memory and brain memory I guess.

Sayra, what day do you see the urologist? Have you hopefully been free of pain? I so hope that you are. Let us know what the doctor says about treatment, and I am hoping for your comfort and ease of getting it all settled and getting rid of the rock. For all the trouble they cause, they should be rubys or diamonds!

Beth's beautiful flowers and so much to come in the spring and summer. I have never seen a peony; they do not grow where we are. Same with lilacs which I love, too hot to grow in SoCal.

Thank you all again so very much; it was really sweet to see all the good wishes coming from all the Front Porch Friends and I truly do appreciate and cherish it and you all.

J.

• Jo C.

Good grief; I did delete the second copy of a Post written on page 20 which repeated itself all by itself without my help down on page 21 under other page 21 Posts. BUT . . . . for some reason, the Platform would not permit me to Bold today's Post using my computer prompt. Finally, after a fourth try it Bolded. Strange things happening.

Sayra, your Post came after I Posted. It is good to know you are scheduled to get that stone laser blasted and gone. If it is within your wishes, I hope they can get you in on the 5th. Soonest gone far less chance of any mischief by the sneaky thing. Did they say how big it was and did they put in a stent? That laser procedure was what I had and it was amazingly easy. So many nice people in the O.R. and a lovely anesthesiologist who made me nice and relaxed before he sent me to lullaby land. I woke quickly and the recovery RNs were awesome; I felt well cared for. Just think, it will soon be long gone and can no longer hurt you. Hurray for that! We will be happy for our dear Sayra to be up and well again doing what she likes again.

How I wish there were a way we could send cards to one another as the spirit moves us. When the very first ALZConnected started, years ago, we had a card group. One of the highly trusted Members kept our addresses and had a list. There was, at that time, the ability to have all of that confidential. We did not want to share our addresses with everyone, so we sent the cards written and stamped with the intended receivers name on it and put them in another envelope and mailed it to our trusted Member who then used the list to put the address on it and mailed the cards out. Worked like a charm and she was so nice to take that on. However; I do not see any way we could do that now due to lack of complete confidentiality on the Board using the computer. That is too bad; it would really be nice.

J.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited May 2023

Bringing 190 back so that we do not miss messages. It was only on page 21. The problem with 191 is that it starts on page 1...no way I can see to go back.

• Lorita

Judith, 190 is still on the list of threads. It may disappear later as more are added, not sure. It's all a learning experience. By the way, did you say half vinegar and half water to get rid of ants? They're everywhere again this year. I use Zivo and that works for a day or so but don't really like to leave it on the counters or sinks and I wouldn't mind so much with vinegar and water.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 524
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am late to the party. Happy belated Birthday Jo. I could say I was busy painting you a beautiful picture but in reality I was knee deep in alligators with "stuff." But I did think of you, I just wasn't on line.

I'm in the Dallas Fort Worth area, I believe Lorita ask me that question. We are in the suburbs, not downtown folk! As for our roof it was interesting looking at them after the hail storm. Our very cheapo neighbor put on the cheapest shingles around and you can clearly see divots all over his roof. Another neighbor put on 30 yr shingles and there are maybe 6 ever so slight bumps visible on his roof. Really nothing to be concerned about. Then you look at our roof. There it stands, looking ever so radiant! I'd upgraded to 45 yr shingles and it is spotless. Yes the upgrade cost out of pocket, but our deductible here in TX is so high, the upgrade was less than paying for another deductible. I'm proud of myself for thinking that through and doing it. Of course the roofer said I was wasting money with the shingle upgrade. I don't think so. He just didn't / doesn't get to replace my roof twice in five years.

We had a rain storm blow through last night. 2.75 inches. The grass is loving it, I think I can hear the grass growing!! It sure is a beautiful green.

Hope everyone has a good day. Ron I applaud you. You are a man of great patience and love. That certainly shows. And lets face it, WhatABurger fries are pretty good! Be safe everyone.

eagle

• jfkoc

Roofs are a major concern in our area of the country...Good for you putting the numbers together. I have wood shakes but fear they are not a wise choice.

Lorita....I do not remember the ratio of water to vinegar. I think straight viengar would be OK too,

Yes, this thread will be so far down I doubt we will not be able to find it. Maybe Jo can check the how to for us as peer volunteer.

• Lorita

Thanks, Judith, I'll try that. Can't lay anything down without ants getting on it, even in the sink.

Mostly around here when people replace their roofs they put on metal ones. We had one put on probably twelve years ago and really like it. I think we've had some hail since then with no problems. Can't remember how long it's guaranteed but still have the paperwork. Anyway, not wanting any hail. Feel much better about having the big elm trimmed back and it still looks good - he said it was healthy but probably ruined Rusty's playhouse. He could go out on a limb, then jump over to a rose of sharon and then to the ground. Both the elm and rose of sharon are trimmed back so he can't do that. We may have found a squirrel nest in the tree - but probably a bird's nest.

• Jo C.

NOTE - NOTE - NOTE - NOTE - NOTE- NOTE - NOTE- NOTE- NOTE- NOTE- NOTE- NOTE:

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT, DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD NUMBER 190 ANY LONGER . . . . DO NOT, DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD WHICH IS NUMBER 190.

LORITA HAS STARTED A NEW THREAD WHICH IS NUMBER 191, LORITA'S NEW THREAD NUMBER 191, NUMBER 191; PLEASE USE THAT NEW THREAD, NUMBER 191.

THIS OLD ONE WILL FALL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND DISAPPEAR IF WE DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT POST ON IT AGAIN.

PLEASE GO OUT TO WHERE YOU CAME IN AND USE THREAD NUMBER 191; THAT IS WHERE YOU WILL FIND ALL OF THE FRONT PORCH GROUP.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

j.

• Jo C.

NOTE - NOTE - NOTE - NOTE - NOTE- NOTE - NOTE- NOTE- NOTE- NOTE- NOTE- NOTE:

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT, DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD NUMBER 190 ANY LONGER . . . . DO NOT, DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD WHICH IS NUMBER 190.

LORITA HAS STARTED A NEW THREAD WHICH IS NUMBER 191, LORITA'S NEW THREAD NUMBER 191, NUMBER 191; PLEASE USE THAT NEW THREAD, NUMBER 191.

THIS OLD ONE WILL FALL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND DISAPPEAR IF WE DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT POST ON IT AGAIN.

PLEASE GO OUT TO WHERE YOU CAME IN AND USE THREAD NUMBER 191; THAT IS WHERE YOU WILL FIND ALL OF THE FRONT PORCH GROUP.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

j.

• jfkoc

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK

• Jo C.
    edited May 2023

You just dragged it up again . . . .AAARGH! Now I did too - DOUBLE AAARGH! AAARGH!

NO MORE; NO MAS; NADA; NYET, NON, NEI, NI, KJONG, NAI, NEIN

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD WHICH IS NUMBER 190 - PLEASE USE THE NEW THREAD, NUMBER 191.

• Bundy
    Bundy Member Posts: 26
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    edited May 2023

Sign in to thread 191

• Bundy
    Bundy Member Posts: 26
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One