Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (190)

Comments

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

Sara, yours is private. How did you do that? I would like to do that too. UPDATE - I think I did it. I just un-selected "display my .... publicly." Will someone please check and see if mine is private? Thanks.

Decorah eagle eaglet hatched last night. Here is a video showing the hatch. The hatch itself begins a little after the 2 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEh3V2fQtk0

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Good Morning Rockers.

Let me try this again for the 3rd time, for some reason if I scroll up to reread post, I am losing my comment.

Beth. You show as private, and I can't see your profile. So, what is the profile for if it can't be seen. Same as Iris hers show private just like yours. Lorita's is private but you can view her profile. Iam so confused.

Someone please view mine, if I view it it shows my name and my email address. My son told me it will only show me that when I view my profile. Is the right???????

I will be back I don't want to lose this one. Hugs

• ladyzetta

I am not sure how this happened, ???? how do I fix it???? I did not mean to start another 190.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,678
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you so much Beth and yours is private now. That is exactly how I did it too.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

Thanks for checking for me, Sayra and BethL. Your profiles are both private.

Zetta, I can see your profile and your analytics, but not your name or email address. I don't mind my story being known, but not my name and email. Limiting profile stories will be a big problem.

• Mint
    edited April 2023

Zetta just checked yours out. Yours does not say private like ours but nothing like your name or email address is showing. It looks more like when you tapped on profile in old system. If you want to make it totally private go up to top of page where your avatar is by the magnifying glass and envelope. Click on your avatar. Go under I believe it says account and privacy ( this is close, you’ll know). Then scroll down to where it says privacy. There’s two boxes there 1) display profile publicly 2) display email publicly. If either one of those boxes is marked click on it. Leave both boxes blank.

• ladyzetta

Thank You Iris. I think profile is an important thing too see as well as chat.

• Iris L.
    edited April 2023

Lorita can't get back on to this thread. She made a separate post.

• ladyzetta

Thank You Sara. I wonder why some say private and some you can view the profile?

• ladyzetta

And I responded to the 2nd post, should I try to delete my response? and maybe she can delete hers and all will be good.

• Mint

Don’t know Zetta, there is almost always glitches found when you switch to a new system. Usually they get the bugs worked out. When I initially went into my profile it was only marked to show profile. It was not marked to show my email address but it was showing. I’m guessing they didn’t think it would and that it would be like it use to be when marked that way. Just a guess though on my part. We always dreaded changing systems at work. All usually got straightened out in a short time, so hopefully it will.

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Sara, your profile says it is private when I clicked on it.

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Good afternoon. Lorita, glad to see you back on. I made my profile private so hope it worked. Sara, when you’re on, could you click on my profile and see if it says private?

Ron, sorry you’re struggling. Sending prayers for you and Lou.

I’m expecting my granddaughter tonight and rest of the family tomorrow. I’m loving the nicer weather and having the sun shine. What a mood lifter. I hope you all have a blessed Easter and enjoy the day. I’ll check in Sunday when I’m back to being alone.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Joan

• Mint

Joan it says private. Thank you and hope you, your family and each one of you on here have a nice Easter

• Iris L.
    edited April 2023

Ron, are you familiar with the Rainbow Bridge? When I lost my cat Callie last year, I kept reciting that poem. It was a great comfort to me. I can't make a link, but you can search for it on the internet. "Rainbow Bridge poem"

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Iris, glad you mentioned the Rainbow Bridge to Ron. It always helps me, too.

Where are yoh all posting from?

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

Yes Iris I am familiar with Rainbow Bridge and have read it several times over the years. My biggest problem is I've gotten very emotional over the years. I'm a person that has certain times for everything; a certain time to feed littlebit, certain times to take him outside, certain time to let him give Lou goodnight sugar, etc etc. Everytime that certain time comes up I start crying and Lou still doesnt know there is any difference even when she didnt get goodnight sugar last night.

Sarah, my oldest son and one of the granddaughters called but I couldn't talk. I text and cried the whole time. If Lou was her old self we would probably just go somewhere to get away, but that is not possible anymore. I just now asked her to please let me relax just 10 minutes; her response was, "if you dont want me over here I'll go home". Helpppp

Ron

• Iris L.

I'm glad you finally made it back, Lorita!

• Lorita

Thanks, but I don't see my posts. Where do you all go to post? I'm just posting on e-mail comments. Is there something like we used to have where you can scroll and see all the posts? I tried alz.org/alzconnected and can't find anything. Too tired to try tonight but just wondering.

• JudeV
    JudeV Member Posts: 30
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments

Sayra, your profile says Private.

Judy

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Lorita, at the top of the page just left of center is "Discussions"...hover over this and it brings down lists...the center list has the caring for spouse or partner discussion...click on that and it will bring up the list you are looking for. If you find one you want to read...click on the post name.

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Why even bother with putting in your new avatar there so small you can hardly see them any how.

• Mint

Ok Lorita I think now I may understand what your problem is. The website you were using is just for initially signing back in. Once you did that now you go to alzconnected.org like we always did. Sandy or Judith can you let Lorita know this in case she doesn’t see my post? Or anyone else who can privately contact her. Thank you

• Lorita

Morning,

Thanks, everyone, I found you, finally. You're right, Sara, that was what I was doing. Goodness, you all have been busy finding out how to use the new format. It's going to take me a while to catch up on everything. Sara, I see your above post is in bold. I'm going to have to look into that. Has anyone found out how to enlarge the font? As you all know, I'm an old lady who's resistant to change but everything changes so I'll adapt.

Ron, I am so sorry for our loss. I know how you feel. I've had to let several fur babies go to sleep when it was the best thing for them but that surely doesn't make it an easy thing to do. I can understand how you feel, Little Bit was your calm in the storm caregivers go through. You'll miss him but just know you did what was the best thing for him - surely not the best for you. I'm sorry.

It's a beautiful, sunny, chilly morning. I think the guys have just fed. Stormy and Sheena are outside in the sunshine. I've had a really busy week dealing with getting everyone allergy shots and now giving medications. A Prednisone for the GPs every day, two pills daily for Max, one pill and liquid med twice daily for Kitt. And, those cats are hard to give medicine to. I tried a different method this morning and it was some better.

Also dealing with the aftermath of an accident our power company and another had - their lines were close together and one got into the other and caused lots of problems for seven or nine homes. Many appliances burned out; I lost a TV, electric blanket, heating pad, router, new lamp and the burned out electric line to our barn. Now, everyone will have to deal with the power company for reimbursements for the things.

Haven't found my ring yet. I've gone through all the trash with a fine-toothed comb and didn't find it so maybe it'll turn up. I feel undressed without it.

Darwin did put me in touch with another carpenter who's going to fix the barn and the porch column - next week sometime.

I'll stop for now and do my morning things. Really good to be back. I'll catch up on reading today so probably won't post again. One question - when I'm typing things are underlined - what's that? I know it does that when you misspell something but this is blue and sometimes red and it's underwords that are spelled correctly. Guess it'll just take time to get used to something new.

Thanks so much for the help. Sandy called last night and sent me some screen shots so I could know what I'm looking for and told me what I was doing wrong. Hope everyone's okay this morning. Looks like it's going to be a pretty Easter weatherwise, at least here in Oklahoma. I did check in on the little eagles in Iowa, Beth, that poor little thing was having such a hard time getting out of his shell. Guess being born - or hatched - is not an easy thing. I know it wasn't for me - and for the little eagle.

See you all later. Enjoy the day. Good to be back. Now if I can find how to post this. Oh, I found it. What is that orange circle with a plus sign in it?

s

• loveskitties

Lorita, relieved that you have found your way to this site. All of us were concerned.

The bolding is not as easy as it was before. I have to type some letters, then highlight and left double click for the option to come up, click on B then the highlighted letters will bold and all further typing is in bold until you do a return for a new paragraph.

Then it is back to not being bold.

• Mint

Lorita glad you found us, I was afraid you would get frustrated and give up. When mine underlines in red the iPad thinks it is not a word. It always underlines your name in red even though it gives it to me as an option since it knows I use it a lot. Not sure about the blue lines. If any show up while I’m typing will try to remember to let you know what it means.

Joan told us how to make it bold on iPad. Think you are on a tablet or computer. Maybe Marie’s instructions will help you, not sure what she is using. Like Marie I have to change back to the bold with each new paragraph.

laugh out loud when I went to post this I was looking for the reply button. Then I remembered that we don’t do that now. Keep typing in my old password too.

Think we’re going to have a beautiful Easter too. Easter always seems special because it is. Have lots of daffodil buds but mine are a later variety and have not bloomed out yet. The neighbors across the road are blooming and make a pretty view out my window.

• SQBEAR50
    SQBEAR50 Member Posts: 104
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Hi all,

I have been reading all your posts, so I think I may be caught up 😁 Ron, I'm so sorry about littlebit 😩. My daughter recently just had to have her 13yr Yorkie (Sweet Pea) put to sleep, due to kidney failure.

I will post more later, have a great day everyone.

Nicole

• Iris L.
    Lorita and all, I found out how to bold the entire post. Click on the paragraph icon (bottom left), you will see headers. Click on header 5, that will be bolded.
  • ladyzetta

Iris. The bottom left, the one that says Flag?? Thanks

• loveskitties
    Zetta, when you put your curser on line to start typing, a backwards p will show up to the left. Click on that and it will show "headers"...go down to H5 and click.

Just tried this and as you can see it didn't work since it thinks it is a new paragraph.

Have to reset every time you do enter.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney