Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Sobering development

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 839
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending all good thoughts and hope you have a speedy recovery.

• DrMichaelSG
    DrMichaelSG Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments

Hello M1,

I'm new here, and want to wish you the very best. I am truly very sorry that you are going through this. I wish you fast healing, lasting peace, and comfort.

Mike

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

M1, so sorry to know you are having these medical issues. I hope and pray everything turns out well for you. I can only echo what everyone else has said about your partner. She is in good hands now. Hope you have the best doctors taking care of you now. Please take care of yourself and get well soon. Prayers for you and your partner.

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

M1, On my! Sending prayers for a fast successful resolution.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

M; thinking and thinking of you so often today.

J.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,315
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So sorry for your health problems. Prayers being sent up that all will turn out all right.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh my! I know your mind is just racing a million thoughts . Prayers for your speedy recovery .

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

M1, there's nothing others haven't covered already. My heart goes out to you. I know you're worried about your wife, who seems very dependent on you in spite of being in memory care. Please know that the professionals will do their jobs. Maybe her neurologist will agree to give her an extra PRN dose of calming medication prior to giving her a shower. Right now, you have an opportunity to focus on yourself and get well. As I've told DH many times, "I must stay healthy and well in order to take care of you." This is so true for all caregivers! Wishing you a speedy recovery and that your liver condition is benign.

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

M1,

You are in my daily thoughts and meditations. We are all connected here.

Sending an extra dose of strength,

Maureen

• Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 238
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

M1,

So very sorry to hear of your medical problems. As others have said, I would be surprised if your companion would realize that you have not been visiting. So glad she is in a good MC facility. Please concentrate on yourself and healing and I hope and pray that your medical problems will be solved.

• cdarrington
    cdarrington Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hello. As a new participant in this community, it is helpful to see you post the tough reality of your situation.

I hope you are able to have peace in the midst of this situation. Praying God will use all this for good for you and your DW.

• Howaboutnow
    Howaboutnow Member Posts: 133
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Scrolling to see if there is an update 😊 Thankful to know your LO is in MC, so this emergency can be given the attention it needs. Hoping things are under control and you’re on the road to feeling better. All the best.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Waiting on an update……think POSITIVE! And ditto to what everyone else says. It’s time to concentrate on you. Your DW is in good hands, thanks to your herculean efforts. She will be fine and more than likely the passage of time without your presence will mean little to her in the grand scheme of things. Put yourself first for now, so that when you return you are well, relaxed, and stress free. That’s really all you can do at this point. Best wishes.

• Jo C.

Having you in my thoughts. Will keep you in prayers and on my radar; you have helped so many and are a very special friend to all of us; will watch for an update.

J.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Thinking of you and your beloved partner today. Praying for peace for both of you and healing for you.

Tom

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Thank you for the update M1. We have all been thinking about you and praying. What a cruel turn of events indeed. Stay positive and as I always say in my darkest hours "if He brings me to it, He will see me through it."

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy to hear the clot was removed and sorry to hear about the liver . Pretty crappy huh. Sending good thoughts for a good outcome

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

M1, you definitely have prayers coming. I'll be sure of that. I'm really sorry for the bad news, but having a friend who is tops in his field has to give you at least some relief. You have a lot of friends here, waiting for some good news from you.

Please try to get a little rest, and don't worry about your partner. She'll be fine.

• Vitruvius
    Vitruvius Member Posts: 322
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Again wishing you the best possible outcome.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Still praying for you. Let us know.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,762
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you for the update....anxious to hear from you tomorrow....

Judith

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Still holding you up in prayer…

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Prayers for you. I agree, uncertainty is difficult. May you get thru the waiting and then get good news.

• Jo C.

Dear M; thank you for the update. it is wonderful that the clot is gone and no longer causing its troubles. You will of course continue to be in my prayers as you have been. Having to wait to hear while imagining all possibilities up and down the scale certainly must be, as you say, harder than the knowing and a bit lonely. I am choosing to believe in the very best outcome whatever the news.

We will be thinking of you and we sincerely care, tucking a soft hug in along with this message for a very special person.

J.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thinking of you M1 and hoping for a good outcome. You are a vital member of this special community and our prayers are with you.

• Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I’m glad the clot is out.

I think it’s good to keep a positive attitude at this point. It’s great that you’re doing that. All manner of prayers coming your way.

You have been such a warm , kind , and supportive member of this group. I just hate to think of you sick along with your wife.

• Rocky2
    Rocky2 Member Posts: 133
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

M1, Thanks for the update. Yes, it's mixed news. But, I know you, as many of us on this journey, have learned to see the silver lining behind the clouds. I continue to pray for you two. Pleased that the clot has been removed and trusting in good care for the lesion.

Tom

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney