Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Trying to Capture my Grandma's Memories for Her and the Family

ozboram
ozboram Member Posts: 3
First Comment

My grandmother has mild dementia that's getting worse and she's slowly losing her memories. I'm trying to use my engineering background to create a sort of Scrapbook/Memorybook for my grandmother and for my family to enjoy. My goal is to design something that can help my grandma capture her memories by uploading photos to the computer as well as explaining what each picture is about.

I'm doing this all digitally as a fun side project for myself that will also benefit her. She isn't very good with computers so I was thinking of helping her use the platform to store her memories. Once I'm finished developing it I'm going to see if I can turn our inputs into either physical books or digital audiobooks that show the pictures in a slideshow fashion while reading the text to her about the context around the picture.

I'm curious if anyone else wants to try to do this for themselves or their loved ones as well and can give me feedback on it so I can make it better? I need as many ideas and feedback as I can get so just let me know!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more