Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (197)

Comments

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good morning my porch friends.

Lorita did you or the doctor ever decide what exactly what stung you? I've noticed we have red wasps, I've not seen those in ages. Your story about wasps in the piping brought up a memory of my youth. I remember playing on my swing set and the top rail (tube) and for some reason looking into the rail and being stung by several wasps all over my face. Man that was painful.

Iris I hope you have water today. What an inconvenience.

Ron I'm so glad your with your family. I'm not in your shoes, but I don't want you to be hard on yourself. Grief is grief, its difficult, it's raw and it feels like that elephant is sitting on your chest. Just know we are here for you.

Another warning, I know of three people with Covid. Be careful everyone. I'll be back later, I've got a meeting.

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Good morning all, I got my phone fixed now I can talk without using my speaker phone.

On the way to the senior center for haddock dinner and to listen to people doing karaoke ( not me).

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ron, it's good you are with family. That will help on the anniversaries. I still dread those days after 9 1/2 years. Enjoy your time with family. Hope the weather is good for you.

Well, I learned my lesson. The Pharmacist told me to take the Doxycycline with meals. No dairy products or anything with calcium two hours before or after be cause calcium takes away the effectiveness of the medicine. I'm allergic to several antibiotics so am careful what I take. I have taken Tetracycline many times so Doxy should be okay. Took it with my meal last night with no problem. This morning, forgot that so took it without food. About an hour later my stomach felt different so thought I was hungry. Then I upchucked for first time in decades. Then I remember the warning to take it with food! Feel so silly. Just shows we should follow directions.

• David1946

I finally set my phone but I had to go to the VA. Iwas unable to get the phone to talk to anyone without using the speaker phone. After I talked to the VA l can now talk without the speaker phone.

• David1946

Beth, I am going to Boston on August first at 7:15 a.m.

• David1946
  • Lorita

My dear friends, I want to let you all know that Sarah completed her life on this earth at 5:09 p.m. today. She had been in a semi coma for two days but still able to respond to Todd by squeezing his hand when he would tell her he loved her. He said she went peacefully,at home as she wanted. She had been home a week today.

She fought a good fight to live during the past seven years and endured more pain than a person should have. She is now with the rest of our family and is well. Sarah was like a daughter to Charles and I. She will be missed by all who knew her. Todd was a dedicated caregiver to her and I know that meant so much to her, and to me.

I want to thank each of you for your kind words and prayers. She is now free of pain and is the Sarah she used to be, full of life and energy. Now begins the grieving process for Todd. He will be lost without her.

• Sasue
    Sasue Member Posts: 69
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments

Dear Dixie, I’m sorry for the loss both you and Todd are experiencing. We’ve all been following Sarah’s battle for years. I know you have done everything possible for her as she was like a daughter to you. I’m sure you have many happy memories of when she was living with you and Charles. Remember those days. You can always call me anytime you want to talk.

Sandy

• SQBEAR50
    SQBEAR50 Member Posts: 104
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

I'm so sorry to hear about Sarah, but glad that she's finally pain free.

Nicole

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Lou and Sarah can now become friends without pain and worries.

Ron

• Lorita

Thank you, Sandy, we'll talk in a day or two. Thank you Nicole and Ron. Lou and Sarah can be friends now for sure. Talked with Todd. He's exhausted from caring for Sarah and from worry knowing what was ahead. I hope he can sleep for a long time.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

My heartfelt condolences to you Lorita and also to Todd.

Hope you both can find some peace of heart and mind that she is now whole of body and free from pain.

Many hugs and prayers to you both.

Marie

• VetEly
    VetEly Member Posts: 78
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

I'm sorry for your lost and Todd. She has a new body now with no pain. I will keep Todd and you in my prayers during this time of your beloved Sarah.

• Lorita

Thank you Marie and Shirley. Todd will be lost without her but she is well now and in a better place. Thank you both for the prayers

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I stayed up to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Paris Olympics. Team USA's boat was next to last. I'm excited!

Iris

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

good morning everyone

Lorita I am so very sorry for your loss of your dear Sarah.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Lorita, I'm very sorry. Sarah is at rest now. Prayers for you and Todd.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Dixie—I am so sorry to hear of Sarah's passing yesterday. Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your dear girl. May you and Todd find comfort in your memories.

HB

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Lorita, so sad to learn of Sarah's passing; I feel like I knew her. My love and prayers are with you and Todd xo

• Lorita

Thank you all for your condolences. I will let Todd know. The only thing that makers it better is that she is out of pain and suffering. I'm glad she was able to be at home with Todd for her last days. I can imagine howTodd is feeling this. morning,- I know how I felt the first morning after losing Charles. He will be busy wiarrangements this weekend so that might help him.

Iris, I saw some of that. Weren't those boats sonething?

I just got hone about an hour ago. Went into town to pick up my groceries and fill up the car. I was the only one at the pickup spot. I'm really sold on that feature. I have never not gotten something I ordered and all the fruit and vegetables have been perfect. Glad that's done for another three weeks.

I forgot to mention that yesterday was my mother's and Sarah's great grandmother's 109th birthday,so they were together that day. Again, thank all of you.

• David1946

I am sorry for your loss.

• David1946

Good morning everyone. We are going to lunch with my wife's nephew who is up here for vacation from Texas. She had not seen him since her husband died 8 years ago.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,756
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

she was a woman of great courage…..

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

thinking of you Lorita. Hope your afternoon has been going OK .

i’ve had a pretty good day production wise. Of course I always want to get more things done then I can so that’s always disappointing. I need to be a little more realistic.

it’s been a beautiful day. I think it’s about 86 right now but there’s a wonderful breeze. I’m sitting out on the porch and it’s just a beautiful summer day. The breeze is just right.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Lorita, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear Sarah. Focus on the happy times, the good memories. I'm sure there are many. You took good care of her when she needed you. She is with Charles and Lou and Scarlet and other loved ones and perfectly healthy. What a blessing in the midst of the suffering of those left behind.

• Mimi50
    Mimi50 Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Hi everyone happy to be back on the porch. DH is doing pretty good. I would say he is at mid stage of vascular dementia. So far just more searching for words. I have been little busy helping my son. With our granddaughter. I will try and come on the porch more often.

• Mimi50
    Mimi50 Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

I am so sorry.🙏💔

• Lorita

She was courageous for sure, Judith. All those surgeries and each time thinking it would help, But didn't. We have often wondered if the first surgery by Dr. D was botched and caused all her problems. We will never know.

Mint, I've watched some of the Olympics and took a nap. Haven't called Todd, hoping he's sleeping if he can. It's a pretty day here been too. I think about 90 but not much wind. I wanted to get into town and sort of stock up before our coming heat wave.

Beth, I remember taking Sarah to Day Care as I went to work when she was very young and what a happy child she was. Lots and lots of happy memories. Hated for her to leave us but she's with all the relatives and Lou now and out of pain and in a better place without worries.

Thank you, Mimi, glad you're back. Charles also had vascular dementia so I know how it is. Hope you and he are doing well. The weather just said our best index will be around 112 by Wednesday. I'm ready for fall.

I don't think.I will finish taking the Doxycycline. My sting is much better and just don't think I need them. Don't like to take antibiotics if not really needed. I think I'll call Todd and see how he's doing. I know he feels lost. Enjoy the rest of your day, See you all tomorrow.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more