Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Life update on mama (60) and me (25)

rosecoloredglasses
rosecoloredglasses Member Posts: 27
10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Hi everyone! I realized it’s been 4 months since I last posted in here, after receiving so much love and support for my last post where I was just venting all my thoughts and feelings. My mom is doing really well, she’s about to be 60! And in a few months my spouse and I will celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary, so that’s super fun. Not much has changed since the last time I posted her, besides wrestling with getting my mom all her medications since we switched insurances and that’s been a huge pain in the butt. I’ve been doing a lot of research on the CDPAP program since i’m unable to work, or I shouldn’t say unable to but I can’t be out of the house cause my mom gets super anxious and i’ve been trying to land a work from home position for about 3 years now but no one’s buying. So I thought being paid to take care of her would kill two birds with one stone! But my goodness they make it so confusing. If anyone has experience with the NYS CDPAP program I am all ears for any advice about it. Anyways that’s all for now, going to try to be more consistent with posting on here. There is so much love and support I read through all of the responses on my previous discussions to pick myself back up again. Hope everyone is doing well! Much love to you all and your families🩵

Comments

• Sunshine44557
    Sunshine44557 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

Thanks again for responding to my post — just know I understand and am always here to talk and for support. This community, especially us in our 20s with parents who have EO can feel lonely, but just know I hear you.

You are truly a superhero so please give yourself some love and grace as well. If this teaches us anything it is to live in the present and be grateful for every moment - I hope you can celebrate her birthday and your wedding anniversary with extra love.

I work from home — what's your background? happy to keep a look out for any remote positions.

Thinking of you, keep your head up 💙

• rosecoloredglasses
    rosecoloredglasses Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

No thanks necessary but you are very welcome! Supporting each other is so important especially in a situation where we feel so isolated from our peers. My background is a little plain for lack of better terms, I wasn’t able to go to college due to taking care of my mom even prior to her diagnoses she required me being home. I completed a Google IT Certificate back in 2022, but the majority of my professional background is in Customer Service positions. I’ve been looking for remote customer service jobs mainly, insurance claims and the like. I would heavily appreciate any leads on a remote job for someone like me. We get some government funding but not enough to cover everything. Thank you so much for your kind words🩵

• Sunshine44557
    Sunshine44557 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

Well you are absolutely amazing! Keep searching, and again I will keep my eye out! I work in marketing but will absolutely circle back if I ever hear of remote jobs across my network.

Hope you can do something that makes you happy this weekend. All the best!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more