Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (195)

1151617181921»

Comments

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    edited May 9

Judith, your cupcakes sound wonderful! Ina has a lot of good recipes.

Lorita, still in moderate drought here but there is improvement statewide which is good.

HB, I have a lot of perennials and don't add to the perennials very much. What I get each spring is my Supertunias, herbs, tomatoes and ferns. I plant green beans, cucumbers and zinnias from seed. Here is my perennial collection: clematis, bleeding heart, lilies, daylilies, bluebells, coneflowers, Black eyed Susans, columbine, Black cohosh, Culver's root, liatris, coreopsis, roses, alllium, hellebores, phlox, astilbe, poppies (new this year), coral bells, lamb's ear, perennial geranium, iris, sweet pea, lupine, foxglove, epicedium peonies, tulips, daffodils, crocus, camassia, prairie smoke, trillium, shooting star, Jack in the pulpit, bellwort, daisies - Shasta and Ox eye, wisteria. Also flowering shrubs: lilac, weigela, azalea, serviceberry, aronia, hydrangea. We also grow raspberries and blueberries and will eventually have peaches as we planted 2 new trees this spring. I guess it is obvious why the garden keeps me busy! lol

Hope all have a good day; especially thinking of you, Ron and JeriLynn.

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited May 9

Hi all I am going to a funeral on Friday in N.H. for my sister in law she was 74. This makes my brother a widower for the second time. This may sound different but this the second time my sister in law has been my sister in law. She was married to my late wife's brother. She met brother at my wife's first anniversary mass 11 years ago. .And got married about 5 years ago.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I started196 - didn't realize it was time. So, let's post on 196.

• David1946

HHi Iris I just came back from the funeral for my sister in law in N.H. My niece came up from North Carolina and I have not seen her in many years it was nice to see her and find out what's new her in her life. It was nice to see her but wasn't thr best reason to visit.

• David1946

Hi everyone I just got my new cane from the VA and I love it. Now I'm waiting to get my new rollator

I trying to remember how to post on 196. I'm probably stupid but I really don't remember how do it. I'm not really computer savvy as you can see.

• Lorita

David, 296 is just above this one at the momrnt.Just click on Just need to talk to my friends (196). Glad you like your cane and hope you get the rollator soon. Nice you got to see your SIL and niece.

• David1946
  • Lorita

In the list of threads but they change positions as people on other threads post. Just be sure to look for Just need to talk to my friends (196).

• David1946

Thank you that makes sense.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,756
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

David…I find it hard to keep up when Lorita starts a new thread.

This is #195 and she started #196. I always have to check the actual number. Everything else it the same. I will copy and post your last comment on 196.

this thread, 195, has ended…please post on 196

• Bundy
    Bundy Member Posts: 26
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

• GenieinaBottle
    GenieinaBottle Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

Hello. I just signed up today and I started a group for saint pete, clearwater, pinellas park florida area spouses of dementia patients. If you would kindly join that group if you are local to that area…I can see if more can be done socially to help moral. thank you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more