Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (196)

Comments

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

I woke up screaming NO NO NO I hope this doesn't mean my nightmares are back I'll let you know if they are back.

• David1946

Hi, I would just want to update on my NIGHTMARES I think that they may be returning. Last night I woke up screaming NO,NO,NO I hope they are not returning if they are I will keep you informed as to what is going on.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

David, I hope they're not back either. My neighbor and his wife are having nightmares -hope they're not contagious.

Back from my doctor. He thinks it might be colon spasms but mine are predictable. He first mentioned a CT scan. I asked if he thought it was necessary and he said no. I like him because he doesn't order anything that isn't needed. Said to check back and let him know in a coup!e of weeks. It could be my mattress or the way It sleeping. Last time I had this I was lifting g heavy feed sacks and it was a muscle stran. We'll see.

Picked up my groceries . Told the guy to not make the sacks heavy but they were. They're young and don't think they are. It's okay got them in and emptied.

Stormy met me st the door crying and so glad I was home. You would think I had been gone a week instead of two hours. I love that grocery pickup!

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

David…all fingers and toes crossed for no return of the nightmares. Do keep us updated.

• David1946

Thank you for your concern I will definitely keep you updated

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Well, the implant procedure was just as creepy as I expected it to be. There weren't any complications this time, but the sales rep for the actual implant was visiting. He invited her to stay and watch his technique while giving the play-by-play which didn't help my anxiety. He's a professor at the dental school so I guess he's used to demonstrations.

I feel pretty beat up right now. I didn't eat yesterday because I didn't feel well, so I was really peckish when I finally got home. I made myself a box of the Kraft Mac'n'Cheese I bought for DS's wisdom extraction recovery. Not haute cuisine by any measure but it was weirdly satisfying. I go back in 2 weeks to check on healing and 3 months to get cleared for an actual tooth. I once grew a whole human being in less time than this project is taking.

I stopped by mom's to check vitals; she's still holding a normal BP without medication. DH thought she looked really well. We recheck with her PCP tomorrow morning.

Wishing all a peaceful evening with pleasant dreams.
    HB

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

HB, best wishes on your implant healing.

Lorita, EBV and CMV may both be implicated in CFS. If you have fibromyalgia, that can be a reason for your recurring pains all over your body. Your muscles cannot tolerate heavy or even moderate lifting. People with CFS are prone to irritable bowel syndrome with bowel pain. I have had this at times, but not now.

I felt hot and my temperature was a bit elevated, at 98.0 degrees, usually 97.1 degrees. I'm going to take some naproxen. I just awoke from a 3 hour nap because I slept only 2 hours last night.

Iris

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

DH acting silly with his pinky finger out. Having beignets at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. It’s HOT! But we’re having fun and resting a lot too. And eating ALL the good stuff.

• Lorita

I met two big John Deere's with sickle mowers three miles south.of us coming this direction. Looks like someone is going yo start baling. It's pretty late this yesr. Also met a big gravel truck close to our driveway. They are actually working on the road north of our farm. About time, I would say.

Thanks, Iris. I don't have fibromyalgia but have had EBV and CMV. Really took the starch out of me. My frirnd, Carol, had fibromyalgia and it was awful for her.

JetiLynn,cute picture. Looks like you're having fun. Hot and bet it is humid,too.

• David1946

Thank you for your concern I will keep you in the loop.

• David1946

• jfkoc

Jerilynn…knew exactly where you were. How adorable your husband is.

Now for a Mufeletta and a quick stop at Aunt Sally's.

• Iris L.

Don't forget the pralines!

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited June 11

good morning everyone

iris, I remember reading about forest bathing in the past, but I can’t remember what it is. I used to love walking in the woods, but I just don’t do it anymore because of ticks. Always found it very peaceful, but I do not know what a tick looks like and I’m afraid I won’t be able to see them on me. So I just don’t go in the woods very often. I’ve heard some people that hunt talk about how they found deer and they’re just covered in them.

Beth hope you were able to get a lot done in your garden yesterday. I know that’s a good feeling when that happens. I didn’t get anything done yesterday other than move my basil into the garage and I’m glad I did because it’s 47 this morning. When that happened before it caused a lot of the leaves to, get funny looking and eventually I just pulled them all off and itndid come back out real nice so I didn’t want that to happen again.

yesterday turned into a day. I had to be very flexible. In the morning I started making some taco meat to freeze up and some buns. I made a couple of batches of buns because I have two bread machines and that way I would have a lot made ahead for the summer. B who is the lady that I’ve been trying to help her daughter out a little bit, she called me right in the middle of it wanting me to take her to the bank right then to pay a bill. She lives about 20 minutes or so from me. Well, I did determine that it wasn’t an emergency so I told her I would come after I got my bread taken care of. Yesterday afternoon my mom started calling me and she called me probably every 10 to 20 minutes which is OK I don’t care about that but you just always dread wondering What is she going to say to me. It’s been a little challenging here lately.

HB Hope you have a good day today.

Supposed to be in the low 70s today then it’s turning hot. My nephew is getting married Sunday and they’re giving it as a very hot sunny day. I won’t be going though because it’s about a hour away so I am the designated stay at home with mom person. that’s fine, I’m not a big wedding person.

Hopefully we don’t have much wind today so that I can spray the north end of my house. It keeps it looking nice. I spray it with that wet and forget. Here in Ohio, it may be true everywhere, the north side of the house the siding will get a little Discoloration I think they call it a type of mold, it don’t look like what I think of as mold. But anyways, it takes care of it and it’s easy to spray on. It is a little bit expensive but it’s worth it.

Take care everyone

• JeriLynn66

Good morning.
    Mint, I need to find some of that stuff you used to spray the house. I don’t have issues but my daughter does. And I’m with you on the wedding scene- I don’t really enjoy going.

HB hopefully you have a good day and little discomfort from your procedure.

We’re going to the Aquarium today and will look for a place to get some fried catfish. And some greens! Have a good day everyone!

• Mint
    edited June 11

JerriLynn Wet and forget is easy to use. It comes two ways one is already premixed and the other you mix with water. I get the kind of mix with water it’s less expensive. And all you do is mix it up in a pump sprayer and spray it on your house. There’s no scrubbing. As it rains on the siding, it works. I also spray it on my guttering that becomes discolored and it works on the guttering also.

hope you guys have a nice time at the aquarium. I think aquariums are relaxing.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Mint, I was telling hubby about Wet and forget and he said he heard it is hard on vinyl siding. We use a pressure washer for that green stuff that gets on the house, particularly on the north side.

I got a lot done in the garden yesterday. But there is always more, lots more, to do. That's ok. This is what I enjoy doing. This is my time in nature appreciating God's beautiful flowers, and doing what I can do to make things look as pretty as possible. Yesterday I watered the raspberries, blueberries and a couple of little trees that were badly damaged in the tornado and I am hoping to save. I applied Preen, second application this spring, to the area where the wisteria seeds fall. Raked mulch. The old mulch has built up and is crusty/stuck together in areas so I broke it up. That was a big job and it took more than a day. Today I need to remove a rose that has rose rosetta disease (2nd one). It spreads, so need to get rid of it as we have a number of roses. Also going to move some coneflowers and hostas around.

Fun fact: "Air" is a good documentary. "Michael Jordan earns about 5% on Jordan Brand sales as part of his licensing deal with Nike, according to Front Office Sports. Front Office Sports also reports that Jordan received $256 million from the deal in 2022 alone." The movie is about how Adidas, Converse, Nike etc were wooing MJ right out of college as they knew he would be a very big deal.

Other movies/tv online that I either have enjoyed or have on my Amazon watch list: "Saving Private Ryan," "Kelce," which follows Travis and Jason Kelce in football season 2022 which culminated in the brothers' teams facing each other in Super Bowl 2023. Lots of focus on their personal lives too. Jason has 3 adorable little girls. This was filmed before Travis and Taylor were a thing. On Netflix: "The theory of everything" about Stephen Hawkings and "Challenger the final flight" and "American Manhunt: the Boston Marathon Bombing." I also like "Leave it to Beaver" episodes on Amazon prime. I've been known to laugh out loud, sitting by myself, at the antics of Beaver, Gilbert, Larry, Whitey and Richard.

JeriLynn, I enjoy hearing about your trip and seeing your honey. 😊

Daughter, SIL and 3 boys coming for a week soon. Looking forward to that. They live in TX.

Have a good day, everyone.

Beth

• David1946

Good morning everyone on my way to my Tuesday exercise class just waiting for the van

• Mint

beth how I found out about wet and forget was through a home improvement show that I used to listen to on Saturday mornings. I have used it for about six years now. I’m not only using it on the vinyl I use it on brick where I see that happening too. I follow the instructions on the bottle as far as the ratio of the product to water, and I only do it once a year. I have not seen anything except it looks better. Now if you have plants, you may want to cover them. I’m lazy and I do not cover them. If they get a little drift, what happens is my pink petunias will become faded looking. But as the new blooms come out, they’re totally normal so it doesn’t last very long and I don’t cover, but if you did, you would prevent that. He could’ve been sponsored by wet and forget I don’t know for sure.

I looked on Google and I looked on YouTube to see if I could find anything regarding it being hard on your vinyl siding. I was not able to find anything regarding that on either one of them and one man said he had used it for 10 years . I only looked on sites that were not sponsored by wet and forget.

personally, I am very satisfied with the product also so far. That being said, I really appreciate you bringing that to my attention so I could look into it. The guy that said he had used it for 10 years was spraying down his brick steps with it I noticed. So I’m not the only one who uses it on brick.

• Lorita

Morning, I bought some of that spray but never got it used. No idea where I put it. Our house has vinyl siding halfway down, then rock. Not sure about using it now. Beth, I watch Leave it to Beaver most days.Refreshing to watch family type shows.I heard that Tony Dow passed away a while back.I recently saw him on An episode of Adam-12. Just fed GL. She was standing by the gate waiting for me. Back later.

• jfkoc

here…

Had a meeting this morning…then went to Trader's and the meat market. Back and ready to put my feet up.

Addition to Netflex; New Amsterdam

Still watchin Your Honor. It has the same leading Actor as Breaking Bad, The movies are similar in many ways.

• Iris L.

Mint, forest bathing doesn't have to be done only in a forest. It can be done anywhere in nature, at a park, at the beach, in a meadow, even in a backyard garden. The aim is to engage nature with all of your senses: what do you see, hear, feel, smell, perhaps even taste. Of course you do without phones or other devices. Meditate on the peacefulness. Earthing is useful, which is walking barefoot on natural grass or sand. Thirty minutes once a month is a minimum goal.

My area desperately needs forest bathing. My county, Los Angeles County, has been determined to be the most disaster vulnerable county in the nation. We are exposed to wildfires, floods, droughts, deadly surf, heat waves, cold snaps, of course earthquakes and beetles that devastate our trees. It's worse than I thought. This all was determined via insurance claims and records.

I hope for an overnight sleep study tonight.

Iris

• harshedbuzz

Good afternoon—

Count me among those who have an unopened jug of Wet and Forget. I bought it last summer and didn't get around to it. Then there was a safety recall from Costco saying to contact the company for a new nozzle of some such. It still sits untouched.

Iris— Will your sleep study be at home or in a sleep lab? DH did the sleep lab version a few years back. He wasn't a fan— they kicked him out around 5am and he dragged the whole rest of the day.

Jerilynn— Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your trip sounds so fun.

Mint— It's nice of you to be the designated mom-person for others. I hope things get a little less challenging in that department.

Beth— I should be moving some perennials, too, but I just haven't gotten to it. It's going to be a hot mess this summer once things start to bloom.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The mouth is coming along— it's much less tender this morning but still bleeding a bit.

Mom's PCP follow-up went mostly well. The x-ray from the ER showed "a little fluid" in the lungs and she'd coughed up a little blood, so he wants her to see her pulmo. I made that appointment for tomorrow and I know pulmo is going to tell mom "she's the healthiest sick person he knows" and roll his eyes. He'll be nice about it.

On the way home, mom mentioned that she got a letter from the HOA about the condition of her driveway. The asphalt does have some cracks, but it isn't horrible. The letter came yesterday but was dated 5/15— they're giving her until the 30th to have it fixed. I can't even with these people. In January of 2023 she got a letter about a tiny bit of mold on the siding demanding it be power washed by the end of the month. That letter was dated in November— no way one is going to get someone to power wash in January. I arranged the man who does my gutters to take care of her and her neighbor in March and fortunately that satisfied them.

I got a call from the body shop that my car is ready. So that was great— they turned it around in under a week. I was able to book a state safety inspection and oil change for next week. And I got an asphalt paver to come by later to give her an estimate. I do hope he shows; her community is gated, and some contractors just bail on that.

Pizza for dinner tonight.

• David1946

Hi all waiting at Home Depot. My wife ordered some yard waste bags and some food her plants. I am waiting in the car.

• Mint

Thank you Iris for the explanation. I wonder if my porch would count lol. Because that’s what I like to do on my porch. I feel like I do that too when I’m out working in my flowerbeds. That’s why I enjoy working outside. I definitely feel it’s very good for you mentally.

I’m getting to the place with my plants now where my plants mainly just need maintained and that’s when it really becomes enjoyable to me. In the new bed, I’m trying to start, a lot of things are starting to do better. It’s just one end now that seems to be having continued problems. I hope in two or three years I can get it looking nice.

I got a nice surprise when I went out to spray my wet and forget. I hadn’t even noticed the north side of the house. I don’t have any plants over there. I had noticed the gutter which is on the north east corner of the porch needed it so I assumed that the side of the house needed it. So I made up a gallon of it and went out and I sprayed the gutter and then I went around to the north side and it looked really nice, there was just a few little spots down lower so I just sprayed like the lower half of it . All the bricks were clean too and it has been two years. It never crossed my mind last year. Could’ve done it if it had. I’ve done a lot of things to improve the air circulation around my house so I think that is helping and may be eventually I won’t even need to do it at all except maybe that one gutter

I live in a HOA, it is not gated. I knew that when I bought it, I read the rules. my real estate man who did not list the house, he was my agent, said I don’t know if the rules are enforced or if they keep up their side because it said that they would snow plow and I was excited about that. He told me that what often happens with HOA’s is that with time the rules are no longer enforced because there’s becomes no one to enforce them. So after I moved in here, I caught on that the rules are not enforced anymore, no driveways are snow plowed, and that it was kind of a source of conflict between the old residents and the new residents. And I understand how the older residents feel. When I rebuilt my fence, I followed the rules because I did not want later on to have an issue with that. But several neighbors around me have fence’s way taller than the 4 foot that is allowed. my neighbor next-door has a shed which is against the HOA rules. So I kind of heard through the grapevine that was a source of conflict between them and the person that I bought from. I will say this, they maintain the shed and it looks nice. This spring during one of the storms the doors got messed up and they quickly got it fixed and it looks really nice now.

HB hope all goes well for your mom at the pulmonologist.

how was your day Lorita?

Take care

• Lorita

Thanks for asking. Mint. It has been good. No pain in my side until I got up from my nap. I think I twisted the wrong wsy.. I even felt like putting my thermals and winter gowns away and getting the summer gowns and patio dresses in the drawers. Still haven't put away the full boxes though.

I don't do Forest bathing but do pasture bathing. Always makes me feel better when I'm out there with the girls. I don't feel up to fussing with a pump sprayer yet. Our sidingis blue with white shutters and they do need cleaning. I will get to it eventually.

Need to go open gate for Gray Lady to go to graze. Sounds like everyone had a good day.

• Mint

Good morning everyone

Clean house for mom day

• harshedbuzz

Good morning all.

@Mint you're fortunate that your HOA isn't overly rabid. Mine's a mixed bag. They're quite draconian around the condos and townhouse subdivisions but a bit looser around the singles. Mind you, I got a letter about a weed that was more than 12" tall last fall near my mailbox (DS missed it when weeding) and we still can't have sheds or clothes lines but they're looser about exterior color schemes so long as you get it approved by the board or replicate a scheme already approved for someone else. This nonsense along the right-of-way/berm is new and I suspect is related to a recent landscape refurbishment initiative.

Mom's HOA is rabid. Picture bored retirees who've downsized and have lots of time on their hands. That said, they do have a club of men who do some of the repairs and maintenance in the community and who do take notice to keep things uniform and perfect. I suspect the reason it's "gated" is because the main street is a terrific shortcut that for people coming to and from a large shopping complex and US 1/I-295. Before the current gate set-up, the street was busy to the point of being dangerous for pedestrians.

HB

• JeriLynn66

Good morning All,

Leaving Edward’s Bayou and heading home today. I’ve come down with a bit of a summer cold and/or allergies so I’m ready. Not going to stop over in Jackson this trip but DH says we’ll just drive over another day and spend the night.

Hope everyone has a good day 🤗

• David1946

Good morning everyone, it's 8 a.m. 75 degrees all sun little breeze no clouds having breakfast on our screened in porch wish we could stay here all day.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more