Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (192)

1323334353638»

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited January 2

Enjoy your new car, Lorita! Silver is nice because it is more visible.

The weather was great today, not a cloud in the sky, just a beautiful California day!

I spent the day watching the Rose Parade, eating my black eyed peas and greens, and writing people's birthdays on my calendar for the year.

Today is Simon's birthday, he is 19 years old, 92 in human years. I took him outside to walk around in the grass.

Back to everyday life tomorrow.

Iris

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

@Iris L.

Happy Birthday Simon. 🎂

Happy Car Day! @Lorita 🚘️

____________________________________________________________________________

News Flash:

The beaters for the mixer were still in the top rack of the dishwasher along with several spoons and a pancake turner. Having been there a week, they were extra clean.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Morning, Glad you found your mom's beaters. I hate to misplace things in the kitchen.

Happy Birthday to Simon, Iris. He's living to a ripe, old age. This is Sarah's burthday, too. She's 53 today. Hope she can feel better today.

Sandy, while we were visiting last evening, Sarah sent me a text. It was a few minutes later that I read it and called her. She was about to bring out reinforcements to check on me. I normally answer right back. She's a worrier just like me.

It's a frosty, cold morning . some of the girls spent the night in the barn - smart girls. The water in the tank had ice on it so had to break it. Walked down a little way and saw the heifers. Don't know what they'll do when the pond freezes over. I can't break the ice tor them. Guess Toad will every other day.

Before we got up I heard the driveway alarm so got up. It was one of the heifers in it's line. Stormy ran to the window to check. Barked once because he saw the car, then realized it was ours.

Ron, very frostythis mirning. I'll check on the persimmons today or tomorrow to see if they can be eaten if there's any left. The car is covered in frost but it's hard to tell. Need to find the frost guard cover for the windshield. The tractor needs to be moved so I can get it in the carport or use the one in front of the pickup. Back later.

• Mimi50
    Mimi50 Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Hi everyone I have not made peach cobbler in years. I have self rising flour for baking rolls in the freezer. Didn't bake any pies at Christmas or Thanksgiving. I usually do no bake pumpkin marshmallow pie and no bake chocolate marshmallow pie. Getting back into baking is something that I should do now. Quit putting things off. The weather in Illinois has not been very cold. This weekend my neighbours are keeping eye on my husband. So I can watch my 10 year old niece and 7 year old nephew. Along with my mom who is 76 and her health is good and she lives alone in Chicago. Looking forward to that. When I come back do my menu planning for my husband and myself. Grocery shopping next week too.

• Mimi50
    Mimi50 Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions
  • Bundy
    Bundy Member Posts: 26
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

this thread, #192,, has ended,,,please post on #196

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband