Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (196)

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ron, continuing prayers for your precious Lou and you. May each day bring improvement so you can get her home again.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,757
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

here….

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I managed to get about five hours of sleep, from about 6 am until now. I do feel better, virus-wise.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!

And Happiness in remembering all of our own moms, whether here or in heaven!

Iris

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,309
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Did anyone see the aurora borealus last night? I gave up and went to bed.

Iris, glad you got some sleep and feel a bit better.

Darwin came over and the cream our doctor gave him for his wife is the same he gave me for under bust irritation four years ago. He read the papers that came with it and he was afraid to use uit. Told him to try.one little area first. His hands were shaking. I know he's very worried about his surgery. He just worked too hard testerday. I told him he should take it easy the next few days.

It's beginning to rain and if it continues coming north we will get a lot. Ron, looks like it's raining at your home, too. Hope you had a good visit with You and that she's better today.

Todd called me late last night. They sent Sarah home the night she went in. Did give her medicine for seizures. He's giving her bone broth and mashed potatoes -:no tube feeding now. Has apot. With new PCP the 21st. Hospital doctor told them she would have to get scripts from him. He Saud home health nurse will be coming but all they do is take vitals. I fell asleep in my chair so think a nap is in order. Stormy is all right today, big relief.. He went with me to take down trash.

• jfkoc

here…

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Drove home with the rain so heavy could nearly see car in front of me.

Spoke with Lou's dr and hospice liason before leaving the hospital. Lou will be released the next day or two with hospice care. A hospital bed will be provided, a nurse will come weekly, diapers and anything she needs will be provided and a aid will come twice a week to help with bathing. Their goal is to keep her at home and out of the hospital and provide whatever is needed. They can also be called 24/7 is I need help where I do not have to call 911.

Going to try and rest some now!

Ron

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Ron, yes please get some rest. I am glad to hear hospice will be there for Lou when she comes home. It will allow you to be there with her as her husband while you get the much needed support to keep her home. She is so lucky to have you and we will be here for you xo

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Moher's Day was the best for my wife she has 5 children and for the first time in quite a while she was able see all her children at the same time and 3 grand children and 0ne great grand child. I called my daughter to tell her Happy Mother's day she lives in Texas

• Lorita

Well, Zetta, I spoke too soon. We took s nap and the TV would not turn off with the remote so used the TV button.. Slept for almost twp hours and NIW the TV button won't work so guess I will call Ditrectv tom orrow. Tonight I can watch something on my tablet. Maybe the solar flares wreaked havoc on it.

Ron, so glad you got to talk to Lou's doctors and that she'll be coming home soon and you will have hospice to help. Sorry you had to drive in such a hard rain. I thought we were going to get some. It was sprinkling when I laid down but somehow it missed us. Just as well Since we didn't need it. Girls are just now coming out of the barn to graze. It is so quiet without the TV.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms. 💝

Lorita, I would be lost without a TV. I have left mine off for the last few days while Iam decluttering my house. I turned music on it was nice.

Ron, Please get as much rest as you can, so you will be ready for Lou, it is so nice that hospice will all be there for you. You have worked so hard taking care of her Iam glad you're finally getting the help you need. A few weeks ago, you posted a recipe for Stewed Potato's, I used it today and it was delicious, I will be doing it often. Thank You, Yum.

Take care all, Hugs Zetta

• David1946

LIkewise Happy Mother's day to all

• Lorita

Zetta. I just watched an episode of The Waltons on my tablet on YouTube I always liked that show I may get another TV to replace the one that was ruined in the bedroom. That way if they have to come out they can get it hooked up, too.I can't get over how quiet it is without the TV.. I'll go charge the tablet now. Sleep well everyone.

• Lorita

Kept fooling with the tv and finally got it back on. Now I'm afraid to.change channels, etc. Something screwy happened here this weekend with the tv. Still Think it wss solar flares!

D went back down and finished burning a big tree that had fallen over the creek. Then went to town for groceries. I think he is trying to get things done before his surgery.

I'm going to shut up for tonight. See you all tomorrow.

• Iris L.

I felt better today but still coughing especially when I have to talk.

Ron, hospice should be a big help tyou.u and Lou. You all have heavy rains in that part of the country. I don't think you should be out in it. Can you wait an hour or two for the rain to pass?

Iris

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,672
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning everyone

• ronald71111

Lou rested good last night and hard to believe I slept over 9 hours. Hopefully I'll have her home before long.

Ron

• Lorita

Morning, Ron, glad you slept last night. Iris is right, better to wait until it's not so rainy to go see Lou.

Iris, glad you're feeling better this morning. Do cough drops help?

It rained some here last night and early morning but gone now. Stormy went out about three and I let him in about 6 and his hair was wet. More rain later today.

Darwin called and he said he didn't sleep at all last night. He just laid there and thought about what would happen to Donna if something happens to him. W talked a while and I tried to assure him that he would come through the surgery and be fine. I think he felt better. Said he wasn't going to wake her and was going to lay down and try to sleep. Said he took two extra sleeping pills with no help.

TV came on this morning but not good reception on one of our local channels. Can't adjust the volume and it's too loud. Guess if that's all I have to worry about I should be happy.

Where is everyone else?

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Iris— I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope the cough improves soon. Does your coughing bother the cats? I think mine irked my old cats, but mom's cat seems genuinely distresses when mom coughs. Her cat seems very intuitive about mom's well-being— so much so that I consider her something of an accurate reporter. If mom's coming down with something, her cat becomes more attentive. When I brought her home after her TAVR, the cat remained at her side for a week contrasted with ignoring her when she came back after visiting her sister for the same amount of time.

Lorita— I hope you've gotten your TV squared away. It's so frustrating when tech doesn't perform as it should. You must be counting the days until Darwin has his surgery and Sarah finally sees her new PCP. Waiting for much needed care isn't easy.

Ron— I am glad you got a good night's sleep.

Jerilynn— I hope your FIL is improving.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Mother's Day went sideways. DS's car threw a check engine light. He needed some coolant, which he added, but the light didn't go out. We need to run it in for diagnostics. I ended up throwing on some clothes and driving him the 20 minutes to work and having to collect him at 7:30 when he was done. I was able to squeeze mom's dinner in after my nieces left her house but before getting DS. I think I did a week's worth of driving yesterday but it all worked out.

The take-out dinner was delicious, and mom enjoyed the company and a glass of wine. I had a bottle of the Martha Stewart Chardonay which is actually pretty good; Wine Enthusiast rated the 2021 vintage 91 points. It even has her picture on the cork. There was only one glitch with dinner, mom saw the card DS got me on my desk and assumed it was for her and took it home. She'd be horrified if I said anything as cognition is much on her mind right now, so I let it pass. He was a little disappointed it wasn't still on my desk as it was very fitting but chuckled when I explained why. I take her to see cardiology this afternoon. I'm curious if the Lyme Disease might be a part of the recent cardiac symptoms.

I didn't see the northern lights. Bah. We had clouds Friday and Saturday nights, and I couldn't see anything last night or before dawn this morning when we finally got a clear sky.

HB

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Good morning. 0.4" of rain overnight. Everything is very green.

HB, you asked about shrubs for in front of the house. I am no expert on that. We have a rose bed in front of our house. Some people like boxwoods. Our neighbor has Ninebarks and they are really pretty when they bloom in the spring.

Lilacs blooming by the back door, oh do they ever smell good.

Errands to run…

Beth

• Lorita
    edited May 13

Mint and Judith, are you all okay? Judith, I know you've been watching the trial. Do they ever show any of the actual testimony or is it just the news people discussing it?

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,672
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Lorita I was here early this morning. Thought of you today.. I was out in my garage and saw a snake half-in and-half out of the facing around the garage door. There’s a little space there. It wasn’t a very big snake, probably a garter snake. So then I went and got something to move it with, and when I came back, I realized the poor thing was dead. I was able to get it out pretty easy so I don’t know if the thing got in there and wasn’t able to get it self on through or whether he was sick and crawled in there and died. I don’t know. I see snakes, most summers in my garden beds.

Ron nice to hear that both you and Lou got a good nights rest.

Asked my mom if she would like for me to pick up some lunch yesterday but she turned it down.

Made up some shredded chicken sandwiches this morning. Understand that is an Ohio thing.

I did get mom’s petunias planted yesterday. Today i am planting whatever my back will tolerate. I got a little done and now im taking a lunch break. Having left over roast and veggies from yesterday. Will have a shredded chicken later if nithing happens.

Caro_Lynne hope you are doing ok and that your day isn’t too rough.

• David1946

Good morning I hope everyone had good Mother's day. Today we started Spring cleaning by starting cleaning windows

• jfkoc

here…

I am glued to the trial. I switch channels to listen to the lawyers I think do the best job at explaining not only what is said but how it fits into the complete puzzle. Yes, Lorita. Direct testimony is shown on the screen while they are talking.

Dick always said the law was like a chess game. I am beginning to understand that statement. Fascinating.

I need to plant the remaining caladiums along the 35 foot fence. Hmmm. Getting down…scooting along…getting up. Rollator or chair for assistance….

• Lorita

Mint, sorry, somehow I missed your earlier post. Hate the little snake got caught and couldn't get out. Years ago we had four heifers in a pasture and one had a calf. Cutest little thing but one day I didn't see it. The mother kept calling and calling but the calf never showed up. We hunted but never found it. After several days the cow gave up. A few months later when Charles was feeding hay he found it. We had the hay stacked end to end in rows and he had gone between the rows - couldn't go on and couldn't go back - no way to get out. Guess he didn't bawl because we never heard it. We changed the way we stored hay, kept rows farther apart. Still bothers me. So many sad, bad things can happen when you have animals.

Your lunch sounds good, Mint. I'm still enjoying the soup I made late last week.

The weeds I sprayed are biting the dust, not so with poison ivy though. It's been a rainy morning, not hard, just sprinkles. Sun is trying to come out now. I also have a few caladium bulbs to plant, Judith, after I transplant some more violets out of the planter.

I just can't get interested in the trial. All I ever see is all those people talking about what was said. Yesterday I was able to adjust the tv sound. Guess my hearing is more acute today because it's too loud. Maybe I can change it later- sometimes it will let me. I want to watch the Thunder tonight and it will be loud anyway.

Judith, about the bending, etc. The backs of my thighs were really sore the day after I transplanted violets last week. Before we moved down to the farmhouse, we had the rooms painted, except for the woodwork. Charles thought I wanted to do that - wrong! Anyway we had made a little seat with wheels to move furniture and I sat on that and rolled around to paint the baseboards. Worked good. Now I bet I couldn't even get down to sit on uit.

David, don't even mention spring cleaning. I don't know where to even start. Windows do need its -'lots of cat and GP noses have caused that.

Going to watch the news Zand maybe put some tissue in my ears. Don't know why I had the volume so high yesterday!

• David1946

My wife and I have been married only 6 years and this the first time since her husband died 10 years ago that the windows have been cleaned.we have done 4 still 2 more in the living roomthen the bedroom.

e done that

• jfkoc
    edited May 13

Lorita…that is what I find so interesting. Which questions and why.

I will sit on the ground and scoot…lol

Remote problems;

There was an error displaying this embed.

• Iris L.

Mint and Ron, you both get up very early. I awoke several times, but just got up at 11:00. I slept poorly, awakening four times during the night.

Lorita, I tried some hard butterscotch candies and a Mucinex tablet, but I don't think they had much effect. I'm mainly waiting on time to resolve the coughing.

HB, my cats don't notice my coughing or anything about me. But they are back to their usual selves from before their stay at the pet hotel. I often wonder if they remember the pet hotel from their previous visits, they have been there for several visits.

I have an appointment with a different sleep doctor this afternoon. I look forward to him helping me.

Iris

• ronald71111

Lou is now home!

Ron

• Lorita

Ron, great news! So happy for both of you. I imagine you both will get a good nights sleep.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good news Ron. You will rest well tonight.

eagle

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney