Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (199)

Comments

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Good morning! Beautiful photo, JeriLynn!

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good morning all. It is 77 degrees and beautiful rain has been coming down for several hours. We've been sitting on the patio just enjoying watching it and listening to it. Sometimes it's just the simple things in life that make you smile.

I'll check in on everyone in a bit.

eagle

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Morning slept in a little this morning. Uber? Nothing like that out here. There is Katz, never used it but Patsy did a couple of times. I have a doctors appt. at 2:30. Still a little pain off and on. Usually takes over two weeks to get better.

Judith, how are you? Sandy, is everything okay with you?

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

OK….NOW HERE IS A COW TO LOVE!

• jfkoc

David and Ricardo are posting on #198. Maybe notice of a change date needs to go out prior to a change.

• Lorita

I want one, or two. Looks much smaller than my Pyrenees

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 664
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Wow is it time to start 199. We stayed home for the holiday and had leftovers

• Lorita
    edited September 3

Made it to my doctor and picked up groceries. Back home in 1 3/4 hr. Stormy met me and looked relieved. No more meds.

Love those early morning views before everything wakes up. Also saw a pretty one outside my front door this morning at,6'am. It was pink and black reflecting in the pond.

At Flying J gas was $2.61 and diesel was $3.75. Glad I didn't need to fill the pickup!

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,670
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited September 4

JeriLynn i enjoyed your morning picture.

Beth i was at Menards today and they had those tulips. I bought one bag and hope i can find time and strength to plant them. Going to put them in back yard if able and we will see what happens.

Eagle😊☔️🌧️

David glad you found us. Hope Richard does too.

Lorita take care

My sisters and i had a nice picnic today.

Hope each one is blessed with a good nights rest😴

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Lorita, my gas was $4.49/gallon cash price, credit card price is higher. This is for regular gas. This month we will switch to "winter" blend. This is for California.

JeriLynn, your dawn pic was very nice.

I'm upset. I was sitting in my dining room with the door open and smelled a burnt foul odor. I went outside to check that nothing was on fire, because one of my neighbors often grills. I walked around and my downstairs neighbor closed his door abruptly. I think he was smoking marijuana. So now I'm up late. I wanted to go to bed early. Oh, well.

Iris

• Mint

Good morning

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Morning

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 792
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good Morning,

Love the mini cow Judith. I have been begging for two but DH says no. We managed to work on getting Lilly the GP cleaned up a bit. She has dug a bunker under the tree line down in the pasture to stay cool. She loves to splash around in the mud. She has long GP hair, while Jake has more Anatolian in him and has short hair. It's time for their annual Vet visit. I wish I could find a groomer to come visit Lilly. But the mobile ones here do not do large dogs. She was very patient and did well. Next is a bath. I wonder if she remembers getting bathed in the tub as a puppy? We'll see how it goes.

Judith, how is your foot? HB, thanks for the stove review. I looked at some yesterday at Lowes. Judith, they had a ZLine!!! I'm still looking. DH has voted against a red stove. Deep sigh.

We drove up to Savannah, TN yesterday to deliver some chrome to be restored at a car place. DH is restoring a 1963 Nova. It was a pretty drive. The leaves are starting to turn. 2 weeks until our trip to the Georgia mountains.

He has Physical Therapy today and then we have a funeral visitation to attend. One of our mechanics from the Shop lost his Mother. So, we will drive up to Winchester, TN for therapy, then to Huntsville for the service. Another long day in the truck.

Supposed to rain here Thursday and Friday. Then a beautiful weekend. Maybe a trip to the lake?

Hope everyone has a good day today.

• David1946

Good morning to all on 199. On my way to the senior center.

• Lorita

Morning, sorry that happened, Iris Maybe a nap today?

JeriLynn, hope your trip today goes well. Nice and cool this morning 72.

Had calls from Darwin and Mike this morning to see how I am. Nice to be remembered.

Need to do donations today and get them mailed. I had clothes boxed up to donate but started thinking about three cotton pant suits I really liked so got them.out and they fit again so not making progress on that.

David, hope you have fun today.

Back later.

• David1946

LORITA,Hopefully we will win at bingo today. We also went to the free food pantry this week we got apples, bananas, corn on the cob, frozen hamburg, potatoes some weeks we get milk,eggs. Each week it is different. I can not tell you how many free meals we have gotten.

• Mint

Pretty fall like

• Iris L.

Good morning. I finally went to sleep about 2 am and I slept all night, I'm awake now.

Lorita, I did the same thing. I got out several items to donate, but then decided to keep half.

JeriLynn, you are getting a lot of miles in.

Iris

• Iris L.

Have you gardeners ever seen two colors of flowers from one plant? My neighbor planted this one, it usually blooms red, this is the first time I have seen a yellow flower.

Iris

• Lorita
    edited September 4

You know, Iris, I don't see donating things you like and can wear, then buying more. Clothes are so very expensive even on QVC. Haven't been to a dept. store in years. Used to make almost all my clothes (everyone did)and enjoyed it but imagine material and notions are expensive now, too. They talk about the seam down the front of the leg being so different now. Mother taught me to always put in that seam. So all of mine had it. And, Rolling up your jeans. That isn't new, we did that in the 50s. Everything comes back around.

• CampCarol
    CampCarol Member Posts: 58
    25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Is this a Canna Lily? (It looks like one but hard to tell from the photo). I've seen them sprout two colors.

• jfkoc

mending well….

• Lorita

How were. you injured? I saw foot mentioned.

Iris, could it be that one bloom is much older? That happens with cotton blooms. Also, I have had Joseph's Coat roses and their blooms change color as they age. Very pretty flower picture you posted.

• Iris L.

CampCarol, I looked at photos of Canna Lily and this plant does look like a Canna Lily. One photo seemed to have two colors from one plant. My neighbor doesn't speak English well and I'm don't think she would know the name of this plant.

Lorita, I don't remember sewing a seam down the front of pants. But it's been a long time since I sewed pants, and they were more casual pants than trousers.

Iris

• Lorita

I have something in bloom!! In past years I've had Autumn Clematis on three of the four yard fences and on the barn runway fence. I thought ii was all gone but there has been a vine on the north yard fence that is beginning to bloom. No idea why the hoppers haven't eaten it. Now I can propagate it. Carol says Buffalo Drive is white with them.Makes me happy.

Goid night, sleep tight.

• Iris L.

Lorita, the Autumn Clematis are lovely flowers!

I was running some errands today and my left great toenail hurt so much that I stopped at a store and bought some open-toed sandals to wear. Instant relief! I never had this problem before.

Iris

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Morning

• Mint

Good morning

Iris hope that toe gets to feeling better

Nice to hear you are mending Judith.

Lorita my neighbor had an autumn clematis where i use to live. They will take over lol

• David1946

Good morning everyone, finally used our new waffle maker wow fantastic waffles. You can break them into sticks and dip them in the syrup. My wife made blueberry syrup.

• Lorita

Morming, slept through eight hours and still hated to get up. Beautiful morning, cool and sunny but supposed to.be near 90.

I weighed Sammy and he weighs over 16 lbs. Big cat, he.

This is the 63rd anniversary of my first workday st the VA Hospital. Karen and I went to work the same day. I was barely 19 and she was almost 18. Met Carol that day. We had lived within three miles of each other all our lives but never met. Went to different schools. I can't remember any anger or cross word among the three of us in all these years. A person doesn't often have friends like that and for so long.

Iris, glad you found some sandals that helped your toe. I have trouble with in grown toenails if not careful.

I wonder why we can't hear from Joan or Jo. Judith, how are you this morning?

KC Chiefs football tonight!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney