Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (199)

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Good night, don't let the bed bugs bite!

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Morning

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 792
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Morning,

Goodness, HB! We pulled the RV out to get ready for our trip next week. Mice! I'm going today to get those electronic - plug in beeping things that are supposed to keep the mice away. And peppermint oil for the kitchen storage drawers. It seems to work in our "apartment" in the barn at Huntland. I never seem to get any in the house. We have traps set out by the pest control company. We even have one near the chicken coup (outside it). When you live in the middle of pasture, crops and ponds, it's never ending.

Busy week ahead. Must call the Utility company to get them out here to tell us where to set a pole for the barn to have power. $1500 to start. Then the electrician to set a breaker box and wire everything. Lorita is right. Farms always need something done. But, I will happy for DH to have electricity out there. I'm pestering him to also get the water run to the back pasture so there is a faucet back there. Maybe he will eventually give in, lol.

Appliances. Going again today to look after DH finishes therapy. Phones, TVs, remotes and streaming services are all in the purview of the Grandchildren for me. I pay and share the services, they do the "fixing and set up". It is absolutely beyond me and I don't care to learn.

Another pretty day today. Supposed to be 53 degrees tomorrow morning. Dry until storms Friday. Wearing a "house coat" to the chicken coop will become my new fashion statement. I will clean the coop one of these cool mornings. All the animals go to the Vet Friday for their annual vaccines, etc. That requires 2 vehicles. But I was able to get their appointments one right after the other, so that is a good thing. It would sure be nice if the Vets came to the house like they used to.

Wishing each of you a good day and week.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,670
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

good morning

• VetEly
    VetEly Member Posts: 78
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Good morning all. I haven't posted in a while, things happening.

My 17 year old grandson got killed coming home from work on his motorcycle. Man standing in road at 10:00 at night with no street lights. He also died! The passenger on back of motorcycle did not get hurt at all. He said they didn't even see the guy in the middle of the road!

Grandson was a senior and the students asked if they could come to our house and release balloons in James memory. They would bring everything. We said yes. It was the most beautiful memory for the young people to do for all of us. I was amazed these kids didn't drink or smoke. They even came to the Funeral 30 miles away. What a blessing for our family at this time of loss.

Over 100 kids and parents came. We live across from a 800 acre cattle farm, so when the balloons were released they had clear path to heaven. His younger siblings are having a ruff time with the lost but the school has furnished a therapist to talk to them.

Shirley

• Iris L.

Shirley, how devastating for your family! I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandson. Please accept my condolences. It was nice for his classmates and friends to come.

Iris

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Oh, Shirley, what a tragedy! I am so sorry. Losses like this seem senseless. I'm praying for you and your family.

• JeriLynn66

oh Shirley, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear grandson! You and yours are in my prayers ❤️

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Morning, Shirley, I am do very sorry for your loss. Awful to lose a grandson at that young age. What a beautiful tribute to him by his classmates. I know you and his parents are devastated. May he rest in peace. Take care of yourself.

• ronald71111

Shirley, I am so sorry for your loss and will be praying for you and family.

Ron

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,351
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Shirley—

I am saddened to hear of the tragic loss of your beloved grandson. Prayers for you and all who loved him.

HB

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 345
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Shirley, sending you deepest condolences on the unimaginable loss of your grandson. May he RIP.

• Mint

Shirley I am so sorry for your loss of your Dear Grandson. Prayers for you, your entire family, his classmates and all who loved him. Sending you a virtual soft hug as JoC would say.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Shirley, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear grandson.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Shirley that is so traumatic and tragic for all of you. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss of your grandson.

eagle

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dear Shirley, I am truly sorry for the loss you and your family have sustained; I can only imagine the deep, untenable heartache. My sympathy goes out to his parents, siblings, yourself and all family and friends who loved him.

With deepest thoughts of comfort being sent to you and all of his family.

J.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

HB…..peppermint oil on a cotton ball was hated by the mice at my house….never did catch one in a trap

David…the grief can wash over us unexpectedly. I hope today is better for you.

Love Louisiana hot sauce….great on flavor…low on heat

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 664
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Yes i feel a lot better today. I knew yesterday was my anniversary but I was not prepared for the memories that filled my mind. Thank God my wife knows how I feel because she is also a widow.

• David1946

Good night all will post tomorrow

• Lorita

Good njght, everyone. Sleep tight.

• Mint

good night

• Iris L.

I got a lot done today even though I slept poorly. The heat wave seems to be passing. Now there are two big wildfires north and northeast of me, some residents are under a mandatory evacuation. Also about 300 home on the peninsula have had their gas, electricity and water shut off because of the landslide danger. Some were ordered to evacuate, but most didn't because they have nowhere to go.

Good night everyone.

Iris

• JeriLynn66

Morning.

Judith, I ordered peppermint oil yesterday. HB, I ordered your Mom's stove, I was too tired to think it anymore. Arrival date October 2nd.

• Mint

Good morning

• ronald71111

Good morning! I went to Council on aging yesterday and played bean bag baseball ⚾️ and today will go back for bingo. Mixed emotions…..enjoyed myself and had a good time, but after coming home felt guilty for laughing and smiling without Lou.

Next week I'll be leaving for my trip to Missouri. This will be the first time in a long time that I've gone anywhere by myself. While I'm at my son's, I will celebrate my 78th birthday on the 24th, DIL on the 25th and head back home the 26th or 27th.

Suppose to have a lot of rain tommorow, but the hurricane track is suppose to stay east of me.

Ron

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,351
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Good morning.

I am awake too early. Tomorrow, I have to get up ridiculously early, so I'm sure I'll struggle to wake up then.

Jerilynn-I hope the range works out for you. It's worked well for mom.

I will get some peppermint oil next time I go out.

Mom's eye appointment ran long yesterday so I didn't get home until after 6pm. I have a plumber coming sometime between noon and 4pm today. It looks like the whole drain is going to need to be replumbed which is outside the scope of the initial project and likely to be $$$ and messy. Yuck.

I'm hoping my new glasses come in this afternoon. The optician is closed Wednesdays, so it'll be Thursday or Friday otherwise. My current pair have cracked for some reason and are making me crazy.

Tomorrow mom has her surgery consult. She got a letter stating that this was to be a virtual appointment which made me happy. It turns out the state of NJ will no longer allow this for those who live out-of-state. This means I get to deal with Princeton's nightmarish rush hour so yay! After, I've scheduled her seasonal vaccines and then we'll head to Costco for her broken hearing aid. She'll want to ricochet around the warehouse looking at all the things. I need to get a few things anyway.

HB

• David1946

Good morning hope all is well. Am on my way to my exercise class.

I hope everyone is ok if you live in the path of Francine.

• Mint

i lost track of all the stoves so someone will have to remind me which one it was.

Ron glad you had a nice time. Hope you are blessed with a safe trip. Nice that so far you feel the worst of Francine will stay away from you. Here is what i think Ron for what ever it is worth. Lou would love to see you smiling and would be sad when you are sad. It is ok to experience both, that is normal.

I'm guessing the peppermint oil will work. I saw someone on YT say they laid sprigs of peppermint around their greenhouse to keep mice out.

I noticed somewhere they said to put something in your sink then set your dishpan on top if it. I tried it this morning and my back thanked me. It was great.

Lorita hope you are ok this morning. I don't see you on the porch.

Heres hoping things work out with your glasses HB.

Glad to here all is well David

• Lorita

Hi, sounds like a lot of you are up and around this morning. We have another beautiful day- really cool and crisp early.

Ron,the hurricane will be east of us, too, but wish we could get rain from it. Hope you have a really safe trip. Where in Missouri are you going? Beautiful time of year in Missouri and Arkansas.

HB, enjoy your trip to Costco. Never been to one but we used to go to Sam's Club.

I'm here, Mint. Stormy wanted out at 2:30 and the cats got in the bedroom, jumping and playing so lost some sleep so slept in. Driveway alarm went off about 9 and a man had driven up to tell me a couple of calves were out on the road. It just went off again and see they have cone up to the house. Better go out and get them In. OG&E sprayed the trees along the main road and most have did and falling on the fences so the calves can get out. A cow or calf canbfind a tiny hole and get through. I'm feeling better each day and gaining some strength but wish it was faster. Enjoy the day.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more