Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (190)

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Yes Zetta, the paragraph icon (backwards P) shows up only when you are typing a comment.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thank You, Marie and Iris, You showed me how to do it. 😀
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Iris, it works. Hurray for you!! How in the world did you discover that?
  • Lorita

Iris, I was reading another thread and and it looks like we can enlarge the size of the font by using H2. So we can do that and make it bold.

• Lorita

There was a little flag like icon on the right side that was black. I clicked on it and now it isn't black. Does anyone know what that was?

• Iris L.
    edited April 2023
    The flag is the same as "report a post". You might have reported yourself.
    I saw someone on another thread describe about the headers. This is H 5.
  • Iris L.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited April 2023
    Hope each one has a peaceful Easter Day.
    Found the H2 information helpful, works better than when I do it through iPad. Thank you
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Lorita, if you are talking about the ribbon type thing to the right of the message title, when you click it and make it black it will let you know when new items have been added...this shows up in the "bell" at the top right of the screen with a number to indicate how many.

If you click it while it is black, it will remove the "follow" function. Thanks for the info about H2...sure can see it better...lol

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Happy Easter to all. May blessings abound in your life and health and happiness be yours.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    Happy Easter everyone as well as Happy and Warm wishes to those who celebrate Passover and Ramadan.

Well; I used the side icon and H5 to Bold, and it got me the first paragraph, but as soon as I changed to another paragraph it lost the Bold. Tried several times. I shall have to go and ask how to make the entire Post Bold while being written as I know that is much easier for some Members eyes. Right now, the only thing I could do was to go backward highlighting everything and using my computer Bold . . . .Wait!!! Let's see if using the command for Bold on my computer works (I use Chrome.)

Tried my computer command for Bold and as we can see, it Bolded when on other sites, the computer Bolding lasts for the entire message and all paragraphs . . . so now let's change paragraphs, to see if it will last for this site . . .

No luck. Same thing, new paragraph, no Bolding, scrap that idea. Will have to go and ask, but the Admin. help will not be back in until Monday. If I find out I will let you know.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Ready for Easter Sunday Worship service!

• ladyzetta
    Happy Easter, to all my front porch friends.
    Ron, thank you for the picture of Lou, she is beautiful. 😍
  • Lorita

Ron, what a sweet lady you do have. She's all dressed up in her Easter refinery ready to accompany you to Church on Easter Sunday. She is lovely.

It's a lovely morning here in Oklahoma - warm with a little wind and very sunny. My little white flowers in the yard finally began to bloom - found out they're called Star of Bethleham - and I have one big bunch of dark pink tulips in the south yard - there's one yellow tulip out north of the house - girls got the rest of them last year so only one escaped to bloom.

Jo, I'm finding the same thing - when I start a new paragraph on my laptop it goes back to a small font and no bold so have to reset it again. Frustrating. Maybe the organization can tell you how to keep it where it should be. It's much easier to read if the font is larger and in bold - for old eyes. Wouldn't it have been nice if they had made a list of how to do certain things like enlarge the font and bold and other things. Then, we wouldn't have had to do so much trying to find out how to do it. But guess that's water under the bridge and I'm not criticizing - just wishing. Maybe the thing to do is just make one long, long paragraph. I listened and watched Dr. Charles Stanley this morning - I enjoy his lessons so that was my Easter Service. After that I watched a really good Nature show about rabbits and hares (they're different). They talked about cotton tail rabbits being in such low numbers now. I can see that - they used to be everywhere and also Jack rabbits. I don't see many of either any more - guess there's too many coyotes and wolves.

This past week a new carpenter came by (Darwin sent him after we talked). He's going to repair the porch column and the work on the barn. Also have to get him to put new things on the sliding closet doors (it's on the floor to keep the wooden doors in line). Evidently he left the front, side gate unlatched and I didn't notice. During the night the GPs wanted out (about 3 a.m.). When I got up I went to the door to let them in (about 7:30) and they were nowhere to be found. The yard was empty. Scared me to death. Then found the gate unlatched. Got dressed and got in the Gator to find them. Luckily, saw Stormy in the garden - got him on lease and in the yard and then saw Sheena in the back paddock and got her in. Seems like I've written this before. If I have, please excuse me. Maybe it was writing it in my journal. It's been a busy week - getting allergy shots for two cats and the GPs and now giving all of them medicine every day and twice a day for Amox for Lilly. At least they're not scratching as much. Chest doesn't feel good this morning - guess I laid on my side during sleep and didn't realize it.

I'm still not comfortable with this new format but, what's new? I know there must be an easier way to get larger print and bold without doing it every paragraph. Day, have you seen Gary this morning - his TSV is beach pants. I thought I'd order the navy ones but decided I'd check the closet first. I guess I ordered them in white and navy a couple of years ago - never worn them that I can tell. Beth, I need to check on the little eagles - saw the one trying to hatch a couple of days ago. Hope they're okay. Zetta - are there any eggs yet from Jackie? Need to check on that, too.

Hope everyone is okay. We'll figure it out and it'll be old hat for us before too long, we hope. Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all of you. Forgot to mention I saw something on the news a day or so ago - because of the high price of eggs they're trying to get people to color potatoes instead. I haven't done either. I used to have a little dog who would hunt Easter eggs when I hid them - he really did. Doubt Stormy or Sheena would do that. When I boil eggs for them - I peel them and put them down and they just look at them until I break them open. Enjoy your day. Glad to be back - partly anyway. Sandy, hope you had a nice trip yesterday. Post and tell us all about it - we enjoy hearing from you and seeing those pretty pictures. You live in such a pretty place - you have horses, rabbits, turkeys, bears and who knows what else. We'll visit soon. See you all later.

• ladyzetta
    Lorita, 😎 I had to jump back when I saw your post. It is so Bright and Big I can see it from across the room. hahahahahaha
  • Lorita

Well, now I see at the bottom of the comment section there's an icon for emojis and the H2 shows up at the side. And the ribbon at the top of the thread still shows black with three dots. Does that mean there's three comments not read? I've read all of them so maybe that's for everyone? Greek to me.

• Lorita

• ladyzetta

Just Testing

• SQBEAR50
    SQBEAR50 Member Posts: 104
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Happy Easter 🐣 🐰

Nicole

• Lorita

Wanted to see what hs4 was guess it is just a smaller font. so maybe hs3 is even smaller. I like hs5!

• Sasue
    Sasue Member Posts: 69
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments

Happy Easter, Happy Passover. It’s a beautiful day in Virginia, 60 degrees and bright sunshine. I’m enjoying the visit with my 2 step granddaughters. They are graduating from college this spring. One has a summer job in Glacier National Park. I don’t know what she’ll be doing yet, possibly tour guide. We went out for dinner last night, my first time at a Thai restaurant. It was very good. It’s funny, we have to get back home before dark because the rooster that was forced out of the coop by the other rooster panics when it is getting dark. He’s allowed back in at night to sleep but he has to be out of the coop in the morning.

I’m glad to see Lorita back on, I enjoy reading everyone’s posts. This format is not really user friendly. I wish the avatars were larger and posted pictures were smaller. This post looks weird because I uses H2 and now H3.

Nothing more to report, a quiet dinner at home today with my family. I hope everyone has a good day.

Sandy

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Worked for me on Windows 10...chrome browser
  • Lorita

Glad to see you're home safe. I have never eaten Thai food either. So the rooster gets scared at dark if he isn't in the coop. He knows there's scary things out there. Did you enjoy your trip yesterday? Quiet here today except for for the little girls setting off the driveway alarms. Agreed not very user friendly.

• Iris L.
    Try H5--it's a nice size.
  • ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Sweet lady from church knew how much Lou loved purple and brought her some Easter flowers and chocolates.

• Lorita

Ron, Lou's flowers are beautiful. The daisies will last a long time if you change the water every day. I know she loves them. How sweet of that lady.

• Iris L.
    How thoughtful!
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,364
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Better yet, Ron won’t have to change the water.
    Saturday I found the nicest lettuce at a little locally owned store. It is hard to find nice lettuce. Said local on it. I thought to myself how local. Here it is about 20-30 minutes away. It is aquaponically grown. Fairly positive it is a Mennonite grower. Looked into it, Turns out they supply the nicer local restaurants in our area. They belong to something called gro-op. These farmers collaborate and decide which things each of them will grow so they aren’t competing against one another. They take a seed catalog to the chef and ask him what he would like for them to grow. Think this is just neat. I’m going to start trying to do some more of my weekly produce shopping there. Hope to find more things like this.
    Going to try and work outside a bit this evening. Suppose to get an estimate this afternoon for having some trees cut, getting another one Wednesday. There will be no big trees close to my house then. I will miss them, but I won’t miss them.
    Take care

• Lorita

Color me red, Sara.Didn't think about silk! Glad you found the Mennonite place. You'll know the vegetables are fresh and good. Tree work is really expensive, at least here. We have big, old trees that are too close to the house and would crush it if they fell. Good luck.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more