Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (194)

1141516171820»

Comments

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Good morning all it's raining again as usual. Another inch of rain between yesterday and tomorrow.Sun hopefully .

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm up, getting ready to go to the Senior Center for a talk on Fall Prevention.

Iris

• David1946

I went for the same talk at the Senior Center yesterday and it was worth the trip. I think that you will really find it very useful

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good to hear from you,David. Enjoy the rain while you have it - a hot summer is coming.

Iris, you are a bundle of energy - always doing something. Tell us what they say about preventing falls. We all need that information as we age. The last thing Carol and I say at the end of our calls is "don't fall".

Trying my new Skechers Go Recover shoes. I think I need thinner socks.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ron mom was a little more challenging than normal yesterday too. Maybe the day.

David just getting ready to ask if you are ok and saw your name. Same weather here.

Judith my Clios came in today. Very comfortable. Ordered a pair of Dansko’s too. They are too big so hope easy to return and get size smaller.

Lorita keep looking Orthofeet has lots of options. The Clios are from Orthofeet and they are a flip flop.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Cicadas are not June bugs. You know when you have Cicadas…they are loud. big and ugly. Eastern OK is supposed to get them…central OK to be spared.

Orthofeet has a lot of shoes including clogs…I have these…they are secure on my feet…great stability;

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    edited April 12

Mint, wonder if the eclipse caused our problems. Seems like dementia and the moon go hand in hand!

Need to get my shoe talk in! I had decided last year when I saw the pillow guy advertising his shoes to try them. Ordered Lou and myself a pair and they are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned.

Ron

• Lorita

I like those. Also found Sahara, I believe it was.Found some from Sketches that are supposed to.be good. I have them.on now with a Morton's pad and they feel pretty good. The pad is rubber or foam and has a loop that fits around your second toe.

Trimmed my toenails. Why do they grow so stinking' fast. Just like the GPs. Seems like my feet get farther away all the time.

Zetta, Wagon Train is on so will be back later.

Thank you for the picture, Judith. What are they made of. Don't like to wear leather very much.

• David1946

Mint I'm doing fine. Tuesday I'm going to the VA to have my hear aids adjusted and May 10 I will find out if I also have Parkinson I hope I don't

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Good Morning Rockers.

Lorita, Iam also watching Wagon Train, its on at 11am and again 12pm one right after the other, then I get a few hours of Gunsmoke. I bet we are watching the same Wagon Train.

Iris, You are one busy lady.

Ron. I wish I had a percolator I remember how you can smell the coffee as it perks. I have one of those drip pots and I don't notice the coffee smell. The next pot I get will be a percolator. You are a real sweet husband and caregiver to Lou, and your love for her shows.

Hugs to all, Zetta

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

The smell of perking coffee….great memory.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited April 12

Ron I wondered about the eclipse. Also her electric went out that morning and got her routine messed up . She was much better today, hope Lou was too.

Got my return label for my Danskos. Have to have my sister print it out as I do not have a printer.

My sister told me she is out of ghee so im making her some more on this rainy day.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Well we made it safely and GD did great on her first plane ride. It’s been raining but it’s not stopped us😝. HB, the Barbie display at FAO Swartz made me think of you. Everyone has been so nice. Times Square tonight, Broadway show tomorrow. Be well everyone 😘

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Mint I bought ghee at whole foods; do I use it instead of butter? I just read that it was healthier than butter, which I love, but don't really know how to use it 🙄

Lorita, did you find out why your new car is making noise? I think you said you were taking in to the dealership. Have you heard from your long lost friend again? You can find out anything about anyone if you know where to look!

David, I hope you don't have Parkinson's, the waiting for results is the worst, How's your wife?

I recently bought Uggs for my LO, they are slip on's and he seems to like them.

• Lorita

JeriLynn, sweet picture. You both look so happy and excited. Glad you all made the trip safely. Did your GD like her first plane ride? Thanks for the pictures. Have fun.

Caro, of course when I got to the dealership their GM mechanic had gone to lunch. I couldn't wait because I had grocery pickup scheduled with frozen food so will have to go.back. The salesman and service dept. Manager thought it was okay. It runs just fine so maybe it is. I will go back.

Just went to the mailbox in it and Stormy went. He had some trouble getting in so need something for him to step on. There's not much room between front and back seat like there wss in the Mercury. I asked about the Charger and was told they sold it. I want a new car like we drove years ago - big and comfortable.

Haven't called my friend yet. She's two hours behind us do will have to find the right time. Mint, dumb me (should look it up) but what are Danskos? I've worn the Sketches today and they seem.pretty good. My gait has changed some with the Morton's and these shoes make it better. I need to see a Podiatrist and see what he recommends for shoes. I need to check the storage bldg. For s light bulb for the security light. If I do Bryon can replace it. It's not too high up but my max.on a ladder is three rungs.

Judith, I no.longer drink coffee but I remember it smelled really good - better than it tasted.

Beautiful, calm, warm afternoon. Strong winds for tomorrow.

• Lorita

Hi, I started #195 tonight so we could begin posting on it in the morning. Sleep well.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

JeriLynn, two beautiful young ladies out on the town. You and granddaughter enjoy the time together!

Lou has still been a handful, me not feeling well has made it harder to control myself, which doesn't help the situation. It's been like this; off and on every since the eclipse. It's probably just a coincidence, but I wonder.

OK, got her to bed, now for me to rest and calm down where I can sleep. Don't know if I've mentioned this; they took me off of one of my prostate medication so now I'm back to getting up more during the night and also asked me not to use the nasal oxygen to sleep with for a couple of weeks due to the sinus lift.

Ron

• David1946

I was wondering how do I keep in contact with the people on 194 because I have started conversations with them about my life with dementia and want to continue the conversation?

• Lorita

David, look down the list of threads until you come to "Just need yo talk to my friends #195". When we get a lot of posts I start another segment of the original thread. We're all there on195.

• David1946

OK thank you

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    edited April 15

@David1946 You could reply to them there or tag them in this thread. Either one will let them know you've added to the conversation.

My fascinator came today. I needed a ridiculous hat for the benefit tea party at mom's (and DS's and DN's alma mater). I have a dress that was a last-minute purchase for my friend's husband's funeral last fall. It's a cotton fit'n'flare with black and white butterflies on it from Talbots. I even have the butterfly shoes to match so of course I needed a black & white butterfly headband-thingie. I ordered mom a cute purple pillbox style with flowers and veiling to go with her dress. She will be surprised as she doesn't know it's coming.

DS and I went to Costco today. I had a lot of heavy things to buy, so he rode along to load the carts and the car. It was Bring Your Elderly Mother to Costco Day today. I must've missed the email. There was one wild-eyed woman in particular who was giving her DD and DH a hard time about everything— she even appealed to DS to back her up in her claim that "butter is butter" when her daughter suggested Kerrygold. I'm not sure he's the expert in such matters she thinks he is. They even had to extract her from the cooler as she tried to climb the shelves to get her preferred brand since they weren't cooperating.

My friend was in the ER for blood clots in her arm. She gets monthly IVIG infusions and has had pain and redness since her appointment on Friday afternoon. She's supposed to have a colonoscopy Friday, so they're not giving her the NSAIDS they'd usually prescribe. Poor thing.

Pizza tonight. Maybe I'll break out a Beaujolais.

HB

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Click on the following link if that helps. Same peeps on 194 will be here on 195:

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Love the headwear HB! My SIL wears hats to church and sends me a picture each Sunday morning of her outfit and hat. I used to have a lot of vintage hats but have dwindled over the years. The first time I put on a hat to wear to church DH looked at me like I was nuts (we go to a small country church where most ladies wear slacks or simple dresses). But after getting so many compliments, DH no longer smirks.. lol

We went to pick up the "new to him" Kubota tractor with a front loader and backhoe today. DH is in heaven. He said he "can't wait" to get to work on the back treeline of the property and clean out some of the brush and some scrub trees. He already has 2 tractors but neither do all that he wants. So he'll keep the Ford and the Kubota and sell the MeMo. Suits me. We rode the 5 wheeler all over today so he could teach me to drive it. Fun. More fun than the side by side. It's going to rain here the rest of the week starting tomorrow so this was our one pretty day to work outside. Picked up 2 gates off FB marketplace, went to Huntland to grab some more fence panels, stopped for more flowers for the planter and at the roadside market for cantelope. I didn't even get my suitcase unpacked but hated to waste the day inside. It'll keep for a day or so. I also didn't cook so must do that tomorrow. Roast chicken, potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers and make a cole slaw. Got more fresh asparagus from my garden today, so maybe throw that on the sheet pan too.

My dear 82 year old Aunt had a mild stroke while I was away. Her speech was affected but has improved today. I asked about rehab and speech therapy. Her DIL said "we don't need that". Well, YOU might not, but dear Auntie does. She was losing language and getting really frustrated before. Per DIL: "We've been in denial, I guess". Um, yeah, ya think????? I'm the oldest of the cousins, but my next younger female cousin is sweeter than me, so she is going to speak to the son and DIL tomorrow. I'll just watch till I can't. Then, I'll have to be even less sweet. Uggh.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more