Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (198)

Comments

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good almost afternoon all.

Lorita I'm so glad you did get in to see your doctor. No wonder you weren't feeling like yourself. Hopefully you'll be feeling better quickly.

Oh be still my heart, that tile is beautiful. That's a thumbs up for sure.

I did something I've never done in my life yesterday. I'm almost ashamed to share. I looked at the calendar and thought to myself "nope, not doing it." I changed / rearranged the things we had scheduled for the next two weeks so that no one thing is on the calendar. None of it was doctor appointments, just an appointment with a house painter, the tree guy, I was having some lighting added to the shed. Just stuff that I felt was sucking the air out of my lungs - (dramatic, right?) that I didn't want to handle. It was freeing seeing two weeks of nothingness on the schedule. So, I scheduled us mani / pedi's for this afternoon. That's way better than deciding what color I want to house trim painted! I just needed to not be meeting others schedules. I hope that makes sense.

More later.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 794
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Eagle, it makes perfect sense.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

For some reason unknown to me, my circadian rhythm want me to sleep in the daytime. After my poor night, I fell asleep restfully from 7 am until 1:30 pm, for 7 1/2 hours. This was without the help from aromatherapy.

Iris

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 665
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions
  • David1946

Hi all, I just came from the Dr and she said my meds (donepezil , Quetiapine) are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing. They are helping to live with dementia.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good for you. David. I'm glad they're helping.

Took a two hour nap this afternoon. Feel about like I did yesterday, maybe not as much pain, nothing like this past weekend. Tomorrow I will be allowed to have a scrambled egg and some mashed or instant potatoes. I am ready! I have drunk so much liquid the past days that I almost slosh when I walk. Enjoy your evening and, Iris hope , you can sleep tonight.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited August 28

Good morning everyone

Eagle there are weeks I would like to erase everything.

I thought when I went to bed last night that I heard it get really windy and heard a little rain. I looked on the radar and I saw something was passing over us. When I looked this morning though we hardly had any rain not even the 10th. Reminds me of it wasn’t in the thunder wasn’t in the lightning, but in that still small voice. A gentle rain would be wonderful.

I’m dehydrating some extra cherry tomatoes. They smelled so good when I started dehydrating them.

Lorita hope you have a little easier day.

• JeriLynn66

Good Morning Rockers,

Today is hair appointment, stop by the funeral home to pick up some paperwork to send to the VA, jet in to TJ Maxx to pick up my favorite dark chocolate caramels with sea salt and spend the day by myself! The salon is right next door to my favorite family owned plant store and a thrift store that supports dog rescue, so I'll stop in both of those. Supposed to be 104 today, so I'm thinking about what long floaty dress I can wear to stay cool.

Judith, I looked up your stove. OMG>!!!!! I want a red one. Either the Bussy or the Cluny. You will not believe this - I keep a file of " house stuff" that I find beautiful. A picture of this stove brand is in that file. Of course that picture has a range that is $35k. They are stunning pieces of art for cooking. My DH just laughed at me. But of my goodness, to cook on one of those would be amazing. Alas, not in my budget….. but I did download the brochure. One can dream.

A set of the new hand made shutters went up on my house yesterday, one set to go. It is so strange to see a white house where it used to be a beautiful blue. I'm adjusting. And thinking about new porch furniture.

I must jump up and go make breakfast burritos for DH and the DH of my cousin who is doing the work here and at the Huntland house. BBL, have a good day everyone.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Good morning. We have a vivid pink sunrise today. It's going to be hot and dry.

Lorita— I hope you're feeling a better. It seems like when one thing hurts badly, it intensifies the pain from other achy conditions we deal with. I do hope you can start on a light diet soon.

David— It's great that your meds are working for you as intended. Do you have plans at the Senior Center today?

Ron— How are you feeling? I hope your granddaughter is recovering well.

Iris— It sounds like your body thinks you're working 3rd shift.

Mint— it's dry here too. I'd love to do some weeding but the soil is rock hard. I never got around to getting the mulch done because of mom-stuff and the heat. I'm on the verge of hiring someone.

Judith— Is the Edith Head exhibit as amazing as I think it would be? I do love a textile museum exhibit. It's a real treat to see pieces you've seen worn by the folks for whom they were created in photographs. Two of my favorites were one featuring some of Princess Grace's and another of Wallis Simpson's Schiaparelli dresses. Cool stuff. Those stoves are gorgeous.

Jerilynn— I'm sorry about your stove. Given how much you cook, I wonder if your just wore it out. If anyone deserves an amazing stove, it's you. I feel you though; I got exactly 25 months out of my previous range— one month out of warranty. The oven died during COVID lockdown so replacing it was a challenge. I made do with an over-the-range convection and a toaster oven. If I had my air fryer then, I probably still wouldn't have gotten around to replacing it. I ended up getting a GE slide-in gas unit because the price was great, and it was well rated by Wirecutter. I'm surprised how much I like it. I wanted to splash out of the Bosch dual fuel one of my friends has but availability was an issue.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I need to throw on some clothes before the tile contractor comes, go to mom's for cat duty/shower and then head to the tile store to pick up my skirting. Fun times here.

HB

• Lorita
    edited August 28

Morning, not feeling too well this morning. Woke up about 2:30 with my knees hurting so was awake an hour or so. Left side st waistline is hurting.. Darwin Called st 8 and he had a njghtmare,woke up,then went back to sleep and into the nightmare so he was going back to bed. My head hurts some but took my Flagyl and today can eat a little bit! Wish Charles was here. He would give me a hug and tell me everything will be okay. I miss that.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I have the Cluny in stainless. I bought it years ago at dealers price. No way could I buy another.

When It arrived Dick's son was here. He was the architect over seeing the new Federal Building. He started putting the pieces on saying it was like Christmas.

The costumes were the just as worn by the actors. It is an interesting exhibit.

Off on errands. Later…

• Iris L.

I slept for 1 hour 15 minutes, from 3 am until 4:15 am. I'm still awake, not at all sleepy. But I know I won't be able to function much today.

Judith, I still had some valerian so I took some. I read it take two weeks to see an effect. I'll keep trying. I'm also going to get some chamomile tea.

Believe it or not, I have been a patient of two sleep doctors. Neither one has addressed my sleep problem. They only want to push the CPAP machine.

Iris

• ricardo
    ricardo Member Posts: 189
    100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

No cats just a little dog

• ricardo

Doing good.Going out for coffee with an old good friend

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 345
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Iris, I drink a mixture of valerian, chamomile and ginger teas with lemon at bedtime. I find that it helps me fall asleep. My problem is sleeping through the night. I wake up at around 2:30 every morning and takes me an hour or two to fall back asleep. I give my LO these gummies with melatonin; only way he sleeps through the night. I checked with this doctor to make sure safe for him to take.

I just ordered the following ones, without melatonin, to see if they help me get some uninterrupted sleep! I'm usually an early riser (between 5-6) but 2.30 is much too early.

Hope you're feeling better today Lorita. So happy to see you posting Ron; have you thought about adopting a furbaby?

I try to keep up-to-date with everyone's posts and enjoy reading them. I'm still waiting for them to finish my roof! Can't start other projects until they finish, so frustrating. Hugs to all xo

• Lorita

Thanks, everyone. I had some applesauce and it really tasted good. I have the metallic taste now awful but if that's what it takes, so be it. Ordered cream of wheat and it should be here tomorrow. I have MOM but it is not low fiber. Iris, have you tried Relaxium? Gov. Huckabee says it is good. Try Relaxium.com

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Huckabee is paid a lot of $$$ to say that it is good…lol

Went to NP appt only to find the computer generated appt did not show up. An appt for 11/1 showed up. Nope. I do not have an appt on that date. Will try again on Friday. UGH!

• David1946
    edited August 28

Harshedbuzz,, yes today I went to the gym to ride a bike for 20 minutes then my wife I had meat lasagna for lunch and played bingo but didn't win. Came home and put out the trash for tomorrow. Now we are going to try to stay awake and watch the soap operas.

What are your plans?

• David1946

I can't believe how much they are working. My wife says that she can see some difference.But I stil am having a time trying to remember things. I could be talking to my wife and forget what we're talking about.

• JeriLynn66

Judith, that happened to my DH this morning. He had labs to be drawn but they said "we have you down in November". But he had to be "black coffee" only this morning, so they wisely drew his sample, lol.

I'm glad I made those burritos and sent him with bananas for snack for he the cousin's DH. I fished a whole chicken breast out of the pot of taco soup, shredded it and sauteed with red bell pepper/butter, added 2 cheeses to the eggs and voila! They said they were good.

I'm prepping supper, waiting on the oven to heat. Baked sweet potatoes, green beans (canned) with a healthy dose of bacon grease, bourbon glazed salmon, fresh tomatoes. Dutch apple pie (also store bought, but it was on sale so I couldn't pass it by) for dessert. I got some ravioli at the Publix and will jazz up a sauce of some kind for that tomorrow night with just a salad. We'll have apple pie leftovers, lol.

Got my hair "did". Cut shorter, and up higher in the back. Got some fall high/low lights. I'm pleased.

Gotta run, the oven is hot. Have a good evening. Lorita, take care and rest.

• Lorita

JeriLynn, everything sounds so good.. I have had half a banana, a little yogurt, juice, hot tea and some instant potatoes today. Looking forward to a scrambled egg, toast and applesauce later- The second phase of recovery. Had a short nap and just took a pain. It took me two weeks to fully recover in May but at least I can have a little food now.

It's hot again today, only been out on the porch. Have you ever made an apple pie baked in a sack? That used to be my favorite.

• Iris L.

CaroLynne, I read a suggestion to use two or three teabags of chamomile to make a strong tea before bed, so that is what I did. I also took the valerian and inhaled the essential oils. I am feeling relaxed. I'm going to turn in as soon as I finish posting.

I have to read more about the hemp gummies. I have never used mj and I don't want to start now.

Lorita, the Relaxium sounds interesting and has good testimonials. I'll read more about it and might give it a try.

JeriLynne, you fished a chicken breast out of taco soup? Was that intentional? Was that a seasoning method? The breakfast burrito sounds delicious! Supper sounds good, too!

Iris

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Morning

• JeriLynn66

Morning..

Iris I had made a chicken taco soup but left one of the (boneless) chicken breasts whole in case DH wanted just some meat. Weird, I know. But, it came in handy.

Alas, no apple pie. The oven will only heat to 175 degrees. So a new range is now a must…. I may have a toaster oven somewhere for the interim. The broiler still works fine. Lorita, I've never heard of apple pie in a sack. I will look that up.

DH brought home fresh squash, okra and tomatoes yesterday from my cousin. So I guess I'll be putting up okra to freeze today. He goes to physical therapy again today and then back to Huntland to work on the house. I think they will finish today. Still very hot. Supposed to storm today but who knows. BBL, gotta fix some breakfast for those men. lol

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning

Iris sorry you are having trouble with insomnia. I rarely have trouble with that but do now and then. What has worked the best for me is to try not to fuss or fret about it. Instead, I think I’m just gonna lay here and relax and rest and that also helps me feel better. I won’t worry about whether I go to sleep or not I’ll just rest. What usually ends up happening is I get relaxed, and I often fall to sleep, though it may take a little while. For me when I start fussing about not being able to get to sleep, it just makes it kind of a vicious cycle. Many years ago I tried Valerian but I didn’t see that it did any good and if I remember right it gave me bad dreams, and so I’ve never taken it again . When I lay down to go to sleep if my mind is busy that’s not good for sleep. So what I do is I shut it off by in my head, thinking about every city, I can think of that starts with an A, if i get through that I go to B etc. and most of the time I don’t get very far till I fall asleep. You definitely have to shut your mind off to go to sleep or at least I do. Once in a while this does not work and I can tell it’s not going to work and that’s when I have to just say OK I’m just gonna rest but I would say 90 to 95% of the time it works to shut my mind off and I go to sleep , I have no idea if this will help you or not just a thought in case it would.

Lorita thinking of you today

• ricardo

good morning. Nice to see about sleeping difficulties that I don’t have and a useless oven that only goes to 175.. Impossible to bake with that. Looking to another day on this journey

• David1946

Good morning, went grocery shopping today now going to the senior center and the Memory Cafe. It shows how to help keep your mind active.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good morning all. I'm hoping Iris has slept all night and Lorita wakes up feeling much better.

It's gonna be another hot one today - 100+. So thankful for air conditioning and being able to afford to run it.

And to think I thought I was the only one who left a whole breast in when I made chicken taco soup. My DH likes the whole breast with to soup on top of it!

Be safe everyone. More later.

• Lorita

Morning, Iris, when I can't go to sleep I find if I move one of my fingers at an even rate I fall to sleep.I have never taken a sleeping pill but just saw the ad about Relaxium and thought I would mention it.

I slept well. This morning I still have pain but no temp or blood. Checked and it was the same in May, just takes time. Had half a banana but still hungry. Going to be hot again today so will stay in. Thank you. Mint.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more