Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (190)

Comments

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,214
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Just a quick note for you weather watchers! Tornado about 5 miles southeast of us. Shreveport had some hail but Lou and I just heavy rain. Weatherman just said up to 3 inch hail in that area. That big hail! Thundering here now, but not expecting anything bad! Louisiana weather!!

Ron

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Those dogs are expecting some kind of treat...lol

Lorita...look at the bottom of what you are going to post to find the smiley face.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,679
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited April 2023

Zeta glad it is getting a little easier for you All of us together are a good team.

Ron hope all is ok this morning. They are giving a cloudy rainy day here and possibly high winds. Then it’s turning quite chilly for a few days.

Guess I’ll shop tomorrow in the cold. Giving it nice Wednesday so want to work outside if I can. Got several of my grow bags replenished yesterday. Might be able to finish them up Wednesday. Maybe then could get my mulching done. That would be great. If the tree guys would happen to show up on Wednesday won’t work outside so will just have to wait and see.

Probably check back in later.

Take care

PS Just typed this the normal way, like I would have before. Had a feeling from some things I was seeing that they may have corrected this issue. It looked smaller when I was typing but I’m on small iPhone. When I posted it the typing enlarged. This is good for me, can the rest of you read it ok? If not I’ll go back to JoCs way.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Sara, I can see your post just fine. I think I will just type my posts in, not bolding; doesn't feel necessary to me. Just my way of thinking.

Sara, I'd never heard of ocular rosacea. I have rosacea on my cheeks and I use metronidazole and azaleic (? sp) acid. It is stable; I don't think it will ever go away though.

Ron, I hope you got no storm damage. I saw where central Iowa had some rain and hail yesterday. We are not home. We're traveling for a week. Photos later...it's a beautiful vacation! 🛳️ 🏝️

• Mint
    edited April 2023

Thank you Beth. At first it seemed so small and light. They either fixed it or my eyes have adjusted. If it is too small or too light for anyone please just let me know.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Sara, Its look fine to me. Easy to read. Have a good day. Hugs

• jfkoc

where is the search box?

is this font easy to see?

• Mint
    edited April 2023

It’s ok, may be a little light for some, will have to wait for their input.

judith some pages have a search box up near top. Others don’t, but there is a magnifying glass up in top right hand corner if you hit it search box pops up.

Just thought of something that is way better now. Getting on to our thread and have not lost a post. They post very quickly.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited April 2023

Judith, The search box I found is right under the word Discussions on the top of the page. In the big blue box that says Welcome to ALZConnected.

And I just used edit and it worked.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,319
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi, Sorry but it's still a bit too small and light for me. I've always used bold since one of the women on our forum had trouble seeing and asked all of us to use bold. Just a habit for me. I think I can enlarge it on my tablet and I do have the font size on my laptop set to 150%. Is what you all are using what they decided to change to a larger font. Zetta, your last post was a good size - for me anyway. The size of this type of H4 so not as big ais H5. I think that's a pretty good size. I may continue to use H4 or H5 if you all don't mind.

I have something at the top right of the page and is a bell with a red "50" on it. I clicked on that and it said search.

Bryon and Bob just let - they came just after noon and mowed the lawn and trimmed back some of the shrubs. He didn't have his saw so will come back in a couple of weeks and take out some more bushes - holly, a couple of althea and if the magnolia doesn't come out he said he can take it down. I'm happy this afternoon because the Royal Empress trees have begun to leaf out. I was so afraid they were dead. I think I mentioned I couldn't get the tailgate of the pickup open. So they worked and worked and finally got it open. I think I may just leave it down. Never haul anything in it much except for taking down the trash - which I have to do this evening. I got the barrel down there and even though it's 50 gallon it looks small but maybe it'll work. Just have to take down the trash each week. For the life of me I don't know how one person can have so much trash. Guess it's partly the pet food cans - always have a sack of them.

It's a beautiful day - not a cloud in the pretty, blue sky. It was 39 this morning but has warmed up to 65 now.

I haven't seen a post from Day since we started this new format. Hope everything's all right. I've watched quite a lot of Denim & Co. this week and always think of you when I watch.

I did check on the Decorah eagles - they are growing - looks like they even have some feathers. Zetta, still don't see any new eggs for Jackie and Shadow. Feel sorry for them - they worked and worked on that nest in hopes of more eggs but guess it wasn't to be. Hope everyone's okay today.

Hope to hear from Sam tomorrow that my taxes are done. I'll stop and paragraph this - is everyone still doing that or have you thought of a way to do it the old way?

Ron, was there much damage done in Shreveport? I didn't see anything on the news about it so maybe not. Hope you and Lou had a good day at Church today.

Just thinking how well everyone is working together on getting settled into this new format. One person learns something and tells us and then we all know. That is, indeed, a family or village. In time we'll get used to it and, hopefully, find it's a better way. There must be some way we can post without having to do the paragraph thing - but it's not bad.

Think I may lay down a little while - got up early this morning because I wanted to watch QVC and didn't know when Bryon would come. He's having trouble with his big mower so had to work on it for a couple of hours before they came - then had a little trouble getting it started when they left. They had a trailer load of limbs and branches to take down to the brush pile - yard really looks better.

Thank you, Sandy, for telling me how to do my avatar - I may do that this next week. Enjoyed our visit. Still haven't figured out those messages. Haven't talked with Sarah in two or three days so don't know how she's doing - wasn't doing too well when I last talked with her but was trying to not go back to the hospital so she could keep her Tuesday appointment with her new PCP.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

• Lorita

Has anyone figured out how to delete a whole post after you've written it and decided you don't want to post it. We're on Page 8 - do you want to continue or start #191 pretty soon. Sort of hate to not get to 200 after we've come this far. I agree our comments do post quickly and I hadn't lost anything until just now - lost the last two lines of my paragraph - but, I probably did something I shouldn't have.

• Lorita

Just checked and after our comments posts the font looks smaller..

• littleme
    littleme Member Posts: 70
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    edited April 2023

Decided I should try to post a comment after all the instructions you have been kind enough to leave.

Nothing interesting happening here, just autumn finally getting established after a prolonged summer.

Barbara in Aus

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Lorita, Dayn2nite2 posted the very day of the transition on Crushed's thread "the new format is idiotic". She said to make a note, this was the first time that she agreed 100% with Crushed. I had a chuckle.

The bell with the "50" next to it means you have 50 notifications. Every time someone posts on this thread, you get a notification. I got about 25 notification before I clicked "off" of email notifications. If you look on your profile, and scroll down, you will see Notifications. Click on that, then a lot of choices will open up. This is as far as I can take you, you will have to figure out the rest on your own.

If you change your mind after a post, you CANNOT delete. You will have to choose "Edit", then delete your text, then write "DELETED", then post. Then, people will know that you deleted your prior text.

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Hi. I took a trip to GJ today to see my sister. We had a good visit. The trees there are all leafing out. All the orchards are starting to bloom. It was so pretty. I took a load of clothing and linens to the Goodwill when I was in town. They are so great about taking anything you want to get rid of.

I can read the fonts ok, bold or not. I got in a habit like Lorita, when a member asked us to type in bold so she could see it.

I discovered a new bolding tool. If you type your document with paragraphs in regular type, then go to the beginning and hold your finger on the first word, a box comes up with several words Click on the select all, then click format then click bold. You can also use this to copy and paste information to your post.

I hope that might make it easier for some of us. We will get it figured out. Seems like they’re already making a few for us like enlarging the font.

Have a restful night. Joan 😴

• Mint

Tried your method Joan on my iPad but couldn’t get it to work. When I touched first word it only brought up the bold symbol. When I tapped it it only made the first word bold. Thanks for sharing though. Maybe it will work for others. I would play with it but since it seems impossible to delete so far can’t even play around with it.

They are giving a high of 39 today, rain and snow mixed. Grocery buying will be a chore.

Another good thing is I can now use my iPhone to read and post. Had issues under old system.

Just found a way to make JoCs system easier. Instead of typing it all out then creating paragraphs, I just typed the first word of the next paragraph then create the paragraph and continue on. Worked well for me.

• ronald71111
    edited April 2023

Discovered how to delete entire message. Save it in "save draft ", go to my drafts and click the x in the text box.

Your welcome! Just realized, your probably talking about one that has already posted. Egg on my face!

Wait......you can go back in and edit like I just did and safe as draft. Ok

Ron

• Lorita

Morning

Thought I would try out what Sara and Ron found. The paragraph thing worked but where is the edit icon?

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Good morning. Sara. I tried your way and it also works great. We’re all learning new things. That’s good for us. Interesting how, like everything in life, we find different was to accomplish the same thing .

Ron, thanks for the tip. It works. It’s taking our entire village, but we’re getting there. Lol

I need to get going and get dressed before the workers get here to tile the basement shower. I’ll check in later. Have a good day. Joan

• Mint
    edited April 2023

Testing. OK I saved testing. Then I went in to edit and added a few lines. Only option at bottom now is cancel or save comment. Save to draft wasn’t available for me when I edited. So still unable to delete. Think Ed’s way of erasing your post then typing delete and saving the best option so far. Think Ron’s would work if you had not saved the post yet. Just save as a draft and don’t post. Think I will try that. See you in a bit.

Lorita after you post a comment, if you are still signed in or sign back in, only on your posts you will see three dots in right upper corner of your post. Click on those three dots. Edit will pop up. Click on it, then you are able to edit your post.

• Mint

• Mint

Ok see if I can remember all I did. I typed testing into a new comment. then I saved the post. Then I went to the three dots in right hand corner clicked on them and clicked on edit. Then I went and removed what I had written. Then I hit save comment. What shows up then is just your name with time of post underlined only. You will see this in post above this one. I clicked on the time and all that showed up was an empty comment box, so none of us would be able to see what i wrote I assume. Don’t know about the powers to be if they can see original comment or not.

Maybe someone can click on the underlined time just to be sure if someone other than me clicks on it that you too get an empty comment box. Thanks.

How nice Joan new shower tile.

• Mint
    edited April 2023

Ok since I posted another new comment nothing pops up when I hit the time, not even empty box, just went to my next post. Maybe I have found the closest thing to an answer yet.

Thanks Ron for the thoughts, got me to thinking.

• Mint

You know they probably got rid of delete because remember people would go in there and start deleting all this stuff from way back and it wrecked havoc a bit. I see their point, that was a big issue on old forum.

• Iris L.

Sayra, part of your text shows up black and part shows up gray.

• Iris L.

On the original post, the second paragraph appeared gray. But it might just be my phone or my eyes, because it goes back and forth between black and gray. Does anyone else see this?

• Sasue
    Sasue Member Posts: 69
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments

Good afternoon, really don’t have much of anything going on, just wanted to play around with the tips I’ve been reading about. Our beautiful warm weather has left for a few days, it’s only going to be in the 60’s but will get warmer each day until the next cold front arrives for the weekend. I’ve been told this is typical weather for Virginia. Spring is my favorite time of the year. The trees are green, the redbud trees are blooming along with the dogwood. Our strawberry patch has flowers, I’m looking forward for the first crop. We had the house landscaped last summer so it’s interesting to see how everything looks in spring.

I was just watching the horses taking a nap, it seems strange to see them laying down on their sides with their heads on the ground. It looks like they are playing dead. I had to watch to make sure they were breathing. You can guess I’m a city girl, I’ve not been around horses. I worry about them being out in the rain. We had a thunderstorm with a lot of lightning Saturday night. They don’t go into the barn, they just stand there.

Well, I’m just rambling about nothing. So everyone have a good day.

Sandy

• ronald71111
    edited April 2023

Testing save as draft.

I see what you mean.....it works as long as you haven't already save comment. So it's only good to delete if you haven't already saved the comment. Guess if you decided you dont like what you wrote it's good to know.

Ron

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Hello! We are in vacation, on a Caribbean cruise. We are on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas, which is, I think, the 3rd or 4th largest cruise ship in the world. There are over 6000 passengers. It's a beautiful ship. We saw the bird in Costa Maya, Mexico today. Honduras tomorrow!!!

• jfkoc

The photos are worth the trouble we are having...lol

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia