Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (196)

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Dearest Ron, my heart goes out to you in this difficult time. Your precious Lou is now in the hands of God.

May you and your family find peace and comfort.

Hugs and love, Marie

• Sasue
    Sasue Member Posts: 69
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments

Ron, I’m so sorry for your loss, my prayers continue to be with you and your family.

Sandy

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Ron, I'm so sorry to learn about Lou. You were so devoted to each other. You will see her again. Please accept my condolences in your loss.

Iris

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Ron, your sweet Lou is with Jesus now; healed, whole and rejoicing. Our prayers are with you. We love you.

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Lou I never knew you but I'm sorry for your loss.

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Ron, may your precious Lou RIP. Your porch family grieves with you. She was so lucky to have you by her side until end. So sorry xo

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ron I am so very sorry for your loss of your Dear Lou.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited May 26

Ron…we share in your sorrow….my tears are for you and Lou…

You have a bond that will never be broken…a love that will never end

• VetEly
    VetEly Member Posts: 78
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Ron,

so sorry for the lost of your precious Lou

• Mint

TTT

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

It's been a quiet day on our thread because we've been thinking of Ron and his great loss this morning. I wish there was something we could do or say to comfort him at this time but we all know it will take much time. So good that his son was to be there today with him. Ron and his family will be in our prayers tonight, I'm sure and for a long time.

It's been a hot, humid day so turned on the air conditioners for the first time and all of us took a nap. There were two more big tornados last night, in Claremore with 26 injuries and much damage and in Pryor with damage and two fatalities. It may have been the same tornado.. Hope all of you are well. I need to take down the trash and close the gate so Gray Lady won't bet out on the road.

Ron, I hope you can rest tonight.

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Ron, I am so sorry for your loss. You have been a wonderful husband and care giver to Lou. I’m glad you have someone with you. Take care of yourself, and get feeling better. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerrilynne, I love the white silkies. They are so pretty.

Take care everyone. I’ll check in tomorrow.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

((((Dear Ron)))))) Iam so sorry for the passing of Lou, she is in Heaven right now free of pain, and looking down on you with a lot of Love. God gave you the strength you needed to give Lou all the loving care you did. You and your family are in my prayers. Please try to get as much rest as you can, Iam glad you're hearing, beautiful Lou, playing the accordion. Rest in peace, Lou. Hugs Zetta

• JeriLynn66
    edited May 27

Tornado Warnings all around us. The one for our area was @ 1:30 am. The lightning is still just wicked.

• Mint

Good morning everyone

JeriLynne hope you are ok. We had a tornado warning yesterday evening but ok since then so far.

You guys may already know this, but I am just going to mention it because I didn’t know this. So maybe if there’s someone else out there like me, this might help them. I watch a Weather channel called Ryan Hall Y’all on YouTube. they’re just on when there’s bad weather happening. He says when there’s a tornado warning get in your safe spot and always have on a full shoe not flip-flops. Because when you walk out you’re gonna have to probably walk over a lot of glass and stuff and I never really thought about that. Also, he says that if you wear a motorcycle helmet, it will go far in protecting you. I had never thought about that either and I’m hoping to buy a motorcycle helmet today because this is getting to be a pretty regular occurrence and that makes sense. I do have a basement and I have a stairwell. They tell you a stairwell is a good place. But when I go back underneath there, I wonder. So I looked into that also and the reason they tell you a stairwell is a good place is because stairwells are built to withstand a lot of weight. So that makes me feel better about going back underneath the stairwell. Now I need to find a chair just to put down there so there’s always a chair there. Last night I sat on top of a tote box that was down in the basement.

Ron thinking of you and praying for you.

• Lorita
    edited May 27

Morning, Jeri!ynn, was thinking about you this morning when the weather said there was severe weather in your area. Please be careful.

Mint, we don't have many basements In our area, .mostly cellars. Darwin has a safe room. So, bathrooms are about it. I do keep a helmet in the bathroom where we would go and have a couple of times. I got the helmet nine years ago when I went through a phase of hitting my head. Thanks for telling us about Ryan Hall. When it rains here I lose TV reception. I can usually get the weather on my tablet but this is another option. Do you know if it had weather for everywhere or just your area or uh s it anywhere the weather is bad?

Put up a new flag this morning for Memorial Day and Charles. Being a veteran he always wanted a flag to be flying. Not flying yet today because, for once there isn't much wind.

Darwin just called. Feels pretty good so is going to drive around to find a downed tree or limbs to cut up. My goal is to get dishes done and hair shampooed.

Thinking of Ron and his family this morning.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Memorial Day greetings to those on the porch.

I hope our rockers are safe from the continued dangerous weather. @Mint the helmet makes great sense; it would for those folks I see riding bikes without as well. My late BIL, the ER doc, used to refer to them as kidney donors.

We're having a low-key day here ahead of a busy week. I'll have mom over for pizza later and must prep my dough soon. I want to make a cheesecake for dessert as well.

My older niece is in Switzerland for work and reached out to me to prompt my mom into calling my younger niece who is once again in the hospital. I no longer have a relationship with her for a lot of reasons, but mom does. It took 2 nags to make mom call her and when she did, mom promised to get niece's recently adopted cats spayed/neutered because "niece can't get rides". So, I guess I have to arrange care for 2 cats now because evidently mom didn't feel her appointments were keeping me busy enough. LOL. I did find a non-profit that will do that as well as the basic shots and well check for under $100 each so that's a positive. I'm not sure how long the wait for an appointment is.

She has her MRI on Friday. Ugh. I know it's not going to bring many answers to the party, but I feel like it's working towards an evaluation. Conversations are getting to be a challenge. Nouns have left the building— yesterday on the phone I felt like I was playing with a Mad-Libs. Everything these days is "thing" or "you know— the thing". It's so different from dad whose word-finding resulted in codeswitching upwards— "incarcerated" for "locked up" for instance.

HB

• jfkoc

here…..

Ron…thinking of you

• JeriLynn66

The weather has passed us without damage but for part of the cotton field dirt and probably plants in the front yard… oh well… I'll take that over worse things.

Since I was up, I went ahead and made cupcakes for Great grand to decorate. Got all my "doings' inside done. The patio is put back together and I've got plants to put in the ground and in pots when the Little gets here. They'd best have her BOOTS in the car with them. The pool is ready, but it is so cold. I guess I'll order a heater from Amazon.

Of course, we are cooking outside today so ran to the grocery for last minute stuff. Found Mrs. Somebody pies on sale for $3.99 (regular $8) so got a couple of those. My cold salads are ready except for the noodles. I made butter noodles and had leftovers so today, I'll put some garlic in a ton of butter and pour over them. Have to fry up some sweet corn for the Little. She's not spoiled rotten, is she?

I'm using paper plates today, I don't care. Chicken, ribs, burgers, hot dogs, sausages and pork chops. Enough for everyone to take some leftovers home for work lunches. And no dishes to do.

Hoochie the Silkie has learned to follow either Bertha or Speck up the ladder, thru the coop and down to the run. They both wait for her and Mama. Mama must be less intelligent than the average chicken. She just stays under the coop inside the fenced area and talks to everyone else thru the wire. 🙄 So, this week DH will put a small side door in to alleviate her stubbornness or lack of initiative and my clumsy flailing in the mud that now is at both ends of the coop. De law, what I do for these chickens is like having toddlers.

Ron, praying for you and your family today.

HB, now you are the cat whisperer. Hopefully the MRI on Friday for Mom goes well. It's a lot to manage.

Supposed to be sunny and hot today. Maybe some of this 4 inches of rain will dry up a bit.

Have a good day everyone.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Morning Rockers. The thread was quiet yesterday. As Lorita said, I do believe we were all just processing Ron's loss of Lou. What a beautiful love story. I certainly hope he feels his porch family lifting him in prayer.

We've had severe storms the last 3 evening. Since I was raised in tornado alley, and live in TX which seems to have become a hotbed of storms I have a storm backpack. Yes always have on shoes, closed toe shoes. A good flashlight is necessary along with the charger to your phone & your wallet. I also have some cash, extra batteries, extra phone charger, protein bars & tuna pouches. Several water bottles are in there along with a first aid kit. Most importantly, in a ziplock bag - copies of homeowners insurance, auto insurance, our drivers licenses, and medical cards. Plus a list of our medications. When we get the warning I grab the bag and put it in the corner with pillows. I'd much rather be prepared and not ever need it, than wish I'd been prepared kinda gal.

Very hot and humid today. Nothing much going on, which is just fine by me. Be safe everyone.

eagle

• Mint
    edited May 27

Lorita, Ryan is on any time that there’s going to be bad weather somewhere. I believe he covers hurricanes too. seems like when I first saw him that’s what he was doing. I didn’t watch a lot at first I just kinda noticed it, but this spring has caused me to kind of start watching quite a bit. I finally know now what he means when he says there’s a hook and when you see the hook there’s probably gonna be a tornado. I still have a lot to learn though maybe I eventually will if I keep watching

thanks Beth for providing that link. I had saw where they had raised that money but I did not know how it happened. Now I do, thank you. I thought maybe it was from super chats or something which I don’t do that because people do chat on there while he’s on there.

I bought the motorcycle helmet today. I think I got the proper size. I was kind of worried about that that if I measured my head right or not. as far as I can tell, it fits well. I never would’ve dreamed. I would have a motorcycle helmet on my head. Course, then I had to learn how to strap the thing on. YouTube came to my aid I found a really good channel and now I have no trouble strapping it on.

HB know how you feel about the motorcycle riders. When I see them out and they have no helmet on, they’ll never know how vulnerable they look. It just scares me and I hate to even be around them or following them and sometimes they just fly, passing people who are doing the speed limit and weaving in and out of traffic. It’s really a wonder a lot more don’t get killed than do. A guy I worked with that lived close to me bought one. And he would drive by, and he waved at me and toot. But in probably no more than a month he came to work one day and he said I got rid of my bike. I said I’m glad you did. He said I couldn’t enjoy riding it, I said I understand.

Yesterday I went to my moms early because they were giving the possibility of bad weather, but said it was low risk. I told her I was coming early and I was going to leave because they were giving bad storms and I did not want to be out driving in the storm if I didn’t have to be. I saw several people on their bikes, no helmets, and I thought oh my gosh do these people realize what’s headed toward us. So, even though we were low risk, we actually ended up with a tornado warning which was sited over the little town that I live in and was headed next to the big town which I kind of consider us one town but we’re not technically. Just here recently I saw were several of the people killed were either just out in the storm and a tree fell on them or I saw where one lady was in her car and she was actually just sucked out of her car she was one of the missing people . Sometimes you have to be out and sort of vulnerable but sometimes you don’t have to be.

eagle you and I sound a lot alike. I hope I never have to use that helmet but I’m glad I have the helmet. Glad that I now understand why the stairs is a good place to be underneath. It makes me feel more comfortable about being underneath there. I am so glad I got those three huge trees in my yard gone. There’s still plenty of trees around me to cause damage but I don’t think any of them will directly fall on my house. They’re not in my yard. They’re back behind my yard but they’re pretty tall, but they’re not that big of trees. . You gave me some extra ideas for a few things I hadn’t thought about. I also try to have my important medication‘s with me so I think I’m gonna make a list so it’ll be easy to do when it happens..

I feel like I do the best I can do with the knowledge I have been provided and then I trust God to take care of the rest whatever happens. I remember back when they had those horrible flooding in eastern Kentucky just a few years ago this little old man was sitting on his back stairs and he said he never seen the water this high, and when it got to a certain level he started praying and he said the water stopped. He didn’t get any in his house. . And I thought oh how I would love to meet that old man.

Take care everyone. Nice to see all of you today.

• Lorita

Eagle, I have important papers and some cash in a big bag I keep in the bathroom. Then take in my purse if we go. Usually have a few crackers, water and some dry dogfood. I hope the bad weather is over but we have some more days of it this week. It feels like 96 outside with only two mph wind. Real temp is only 83 so you see what humidity will do. Just opened the gate so GL can be in the car port and gave her fresh water. The GPs went out with me but came right back in. The flag is barely flying because of low wind but is beautiful when it unfurls.

This morning after I got up and fed GL I laid down and slept over another hour. D. Called and said he had sprayed another mile and half of fence rows and plans on going out later to look for a fallen tree to cut up. Makes me feel lazy.

I haven't watched tennis for years- Charles and I watched it so much- but got engaged in one today Nadal and Zverev. I really don't even know the players anymore.

Mint, just saw you posted. Will finish this match and read it.

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Lorita, it was a great match; probably Nadal's last one. I played tennis 4-5 times a week until LO had his stroke. I miss playing. Hope to return to the courts some day.

BBL xo

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

HI all, I just came back from a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. And I had no nightmares do to my ALZ. I thank God for a good Weekend

• Mint

David it’s nice to hear good news. Glad you had a nice weekend.

• ladyzetta

Hello, All my Friends on the Porch.

Ron you and Lou and been in my thoughts and prayers today. Please let us know as soon as your able too, how you and your family are doing.

My prayers are also for all of you having to deal with the bad weather.

The weather here in Oregon has been good, some wind but not much.

I have been busy with my home showing daily. It's been on the market for 4 days and it has shown 4 times. I am hoping no showing today I need some rest. I need to leave when it is being shown and I have to take Molly with me and kennel Sammy the cat and Emmy my other cat hides under the bed when she sees the kennel, so I leave her out. She is such a scaredy cat she will be under the bed while strangers are here. I don't go far I go next door and we watch out the window 😃

Iam in no hurry to sell, so I hope I don't get an offer here anytime soon.

Take care all, Hugs Zetta

• jfkoc

Zeeta…are you near bend?

• ladyzetta

Judith, Iam 20 miles from Bend.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Oldest son and his family just left. He has paperwork to fill out at work tommorow and be back Wednesday. Youngest son from MO is coming Thursday and both sons will be leaving again Sunday. I am holding Lou's ashes until I go and we will be buried together. Even with death, we will never be apart!

I have a appointment tommorow at the funeral home to make arrangements. Our preacher was here today and even though I'm holding Lou's ashes, I want to have a memorial for her Saturday morning.

I had heard it was good to talk about your love one when mourning. With me it's the opposite, talking about her or even seeing things that remind me of her is when I break down. About to cry, so let me say one more thing. Thursday when hospice aid was here and we finished cleaning Lou, I bent over and told her she did real good and I loved her. She spoke, I love you and even though she was with me until Sunday, the "I Love You" was her last words to me.

Stay safe my friends!

Ron

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living