Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (196)

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited May 21

Judith when you freeze strawberries, they will not keep their firm texture. I make strawberry crisp, sauce to go on like cake or cream cheese pie, or mix them in yogurt things like that.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Judith, Glad you are ok! You asked once if I had photos from Greece to share (archeological dig site etc). I happened to be looking through my pics online tonight and here are some. We went to the Vatican too - great art there as well.

Beth

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Beth, my travel club is planning a cruise to Costa Rica that includes going through the Panama Canal, for January 2025. If you're interested, I can tell you the website to visit. I'm thinking about it, but I haven't signed up yet.

When I have been traveling, I usually wear one pair of shoes that are water-repellant, almost like boots. But now Ibelieve those shoes have given my toes neuropathy, because my toes are numb. I have to keep massaging snd flexing my toes. The feeling is beginning to come back into my toes.

Iris

• Iris L.

How did the ancients build the Acropolis without modern tools? We'll never know.

I have frozen strawberries, they were not mushy. But I used them still frozen, in my smoothie. I cap them, rinse them, then freeze them individually on a paper plate. Once frozen, I keep them in a big plastic container.

Iris

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Morning

• Mint

good morning

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited May 21

Morning.

Had a sad but also productive day yesterday. Except to run up to Huntland so DH could get a lawn mower part and go to lunch, I sat right here at this desk working. While there's much I cannot do without a death certificate, there is a lot I can. Most of these agencies have online reporting so I did that. And made several calls - or at least I sat on the phone and multi-tasked. I'm trying to avoid all the disbursements coming and having to reverse pay them back. DFAS, SSA, VA, CSRS… it's a lot. I haven't even pulled the insurances and bonds out of the safe, or dealt with the investments. I guess that will be tomorrow's work.

A dear friend and former customer of the Shop works at the funeral home. Yesterday was his day off, but he came in so that he could take care of dear FIL. He sent DH a text to let us know he had prayed the Lord's Prayer for FIL and begun the cremation process. Today we will finish cleaning out his apartment. I've already done a lot, but DH will help (mostly he will do) with getting the furniture out to donate. I've already dealt with clothes and pictures and other "stuff". My garage now looks like a medical supply showroom. Gifts and thank you cards have been done. Still 2 gifts to deliver today; one aid is expecting, another is expecting a grandbaby but those gifts are ready to go.

But seeing the new babies and going to Tractor Supply was a nice break for me. And the chickens. I bought licorice flavored goat treats and a pool float shaped like a chicken for Great granddaughter yesterday. It even has a separate baby chick for a drink holder.🐔🐥

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Morning, just got up about an hour ago. Side is hurting some and I still have a low grade temp,- 98.2. Usually my temp is in the 97 range. I tried some vegetable broth yesterday and it did not taste good. Really an onion taste. I like onions but not that. This is the sixth day since the flare began. I have had MOM a couple of times do may this morning. I've lost seven pounds the hard way but I need to lose more than that but not like this. Supposed to be stormy this afternoon and off and on the next two days. Will Be back later- need to drink my cranberry juice.

• Iris L.

I'm up early this morning.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

here…

• Lorita

it's really muggy this morning. Changed litter in catbox, took down the flag in case we have strong winds, opened the gate for FedEx and fed Gray Lady. I am bushed! Not feeling very good today but no temp which is good. I read how this went in 2019 and it took 14 days to fully recover. I was feeding girls then so lifted some but not much. Mike filled the creep feeder for me so I didn't have to do that.

Darwin went to the doctor today so I called about my Friday appt. the doctor wanted. I was told he would on vacation. He was there yesterday and today but won't be back until Tuesday. I had forgotten about the holiday so he will have six days off. Two or three times he has been on vacation when I needed him. He's 77 and works hard so he needs to rest. If hee er retired that little town will in a world of hurt. There are two urgent cares and one wellness center and I do like the people in one urgent care, especially the doctor who is there on Monday. I'm rattling so will stop and drink some water. Trying to stick to only liquids today and it is not easy.

• Lorita

Severe storms have begun..So far they're north of us aroun Tulsa and east. Saw a terrible tornado in Iowa. Beth, hope you all are Looks like there's bad storms in many states. I'm wondering if the climate changes have a lot to do with all of this severe weather.Would not be surprised.

• BethL

We are ok here. There were several reports of tornados in Iowa, one was very bad in terms of damage to property but I haven't heard about injuries. Thanks for checking, Lorita.

• Mint

Glad you were able to check in Beth and that you are OK. I was wondering about you.

• Lorita

We just had a heavy storm go through but the worst was.north. about six miles. I have a low grade temp and it's hot so went out on the porch to cool off as the wind came through. Very strong winds whipping the trees. We have a pretty maple north of the house and I heard a limb crack. Maybe it won't be too bad. More storms to come in the morning.

P D saw our doctor and he's doing well but said our doc looked terrible, and was wobbly. He is going to have surgery but D couldn't remember what kind. When I saw him he said he didn't sleep well the night before. So, no vacation for him now.

Everyone, be careful tonight.

• JeriLynn66

glad you’re ok Beth! I was thinking of you during the weather report.

• Iris L.

Is it true that our taste buds get dulled when we get older? I picked up some fried chicken at the deli section of the market so I wouldn't have to cook, it was okay but not tasty. It seems that all of my food except for sweets just taste "blah". I am getting over a virus, not Covid, but perhaps it messed up my taste buds?

Iris

• Iris L.

What a disaster!

• JeriLynn66

Morning

• Mint

good morning everyone

Happy Birthday JoC🙏🏻🎂💐

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Good morning

• BethL

Happy birthday, JoC!

• JeriLynn66

Morning HAPPY BIRTHDAY JoC!!!!!!

• Iris L.

Happy Birthday, Jo C!

I'm on my way to a day trip to a state park. We're going on the Metro.

Iris

• Lorita

Morning, had an inch of rain last and there's severe weather just west of us now. Happy Birthday, Jo. Have fun. today. Iris. Glad you feeling better.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited May 22

Good morning. Oh that video - such devastation. It brought back memories of my tiny home town in KS that was the epicenter of an F5 tornado 24 yrs ago. A little small town with brick streets and no traffic lights, and around 2000 people. The people helped one another and have rebuilt the town, which I would image will happen here. Its just hard to process the destruction.

I took a brief break from posting, but I've been checking on everyone. Sometimes its good to just remove yourself and sit back, and that's what I did.

I've got several things to share, including purchasing a new vehicle. I love that process / game. I've never done it since DH's diagnosis - made it interesting! Lorita I so wish I could have helped you.

Be safe. Several of us are in the line of storms for the next several days.

• jfkoc

here…

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy Birthday, JoC 😍

• jfkoc

here…